Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Virginia Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f74/)
-   -   Rausch Creek Trip May 18th (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f74/rausch-creek-trip-may-18th-241904.html)

Reaper2332 05-11-2013 07:52 AM

Rausch Creek Trip May 18th
 
Hey guys,
Planning a trip up to Raucsh Creek. The pricing is listed on their website

http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/

We will meet at the sheetz in leesburg at 4:30am with a roll out time of 5am.
Let me know if your interested in coming along.

Gladi8r 05-11-2013 07:59 AM

A strong maybe if lift gets installed...

djohnjimmy 05-11-2013 08:16 AM

I am very interested. But I am a total newbie. And my insurance doesn't cover it so I am thinking of taking on very easy trail to start with. Is that cool? If that's not your plan for this weekend, then I'll join whenever you guys have a easy trail trip.

Reaper2332 05-11-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djohnjimmy (Post 3744009)
I am very interested. But I am a total newbie. And my insurance doesn't cover it so I am thinking of taking on very easy trail to start with. Is that cool? If that's not your plan for this weekend, then I'll join whenever you guys have a easy trail trip.

We will only be doing green trail because there is another stock guy coming along as well. Possibly a blue if everyone is comfortable with it.

Gladi8r 05-11-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper2332 (Post 3744016)

We will only be doing green trail because there is another stock guy coming along as well. Possibly a blue if everyone is comfortable with it.

Jason are there bypasses on the harder trails if one wants to avoid a particular obstacle?

Reaper2332 05-11-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladi8r (Post 3744033)

Jason are there bypasses on the harder trails if one wants to avoid a particular obstacle?

Honestly it depends on the trail. Its not super crazy or anything. I took mine on it stock. Actually I got about 100 yards down a black red trail before I realized I was on the wrong trail.

I think Dennis should come along. They have a billion mud holes for him to fly through haha

QuietSpike 05-11-2013 09:45 AM

Supposed to get back in town Friday. I'm down wit dis playas.

Reaper2332 05-11-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietSpike (Post 3744218)
Supposed to get back in town Friday. I'm down wit dis playas.

Sweet look forward to wheelin with ya!

jwilson2598 05-11-2013 04:45 PM

Can't go that weekend, that's our annual Jeep show and car crush for Nova Jeepers, so I'm booked. You guys/gals have fun if you go.

Reaper2332 05-11-2013 06:53 PM

Just to let everyone know, primitive camping is free for members. You have to call and reserve it though. For non-members you could try calling and paying the $15 member fee that you will pay anyway saturday. Let me know if your interested in coming as soon as possible. I am going to call tomorrow and see if they have any spots available so we can drive up friday evening.

danrb 05-11-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwilson2598 (Post 3745064)
Can't go that weekend, that's our annual Jeep show and car crush for Nova Jeepers, so I'm booked. You guys/gals have fun if you go.

Mr Wilson, you need to go with us one of these days. I like the idea of confusing people with another gecko.

sgtkersh 05-11-2013 08:08 PM

We will maybe see you guys there. Trina and I are doing the 101 on the 18th.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App

jwilson2598 05-11-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danrb (Post 3745341)

Mr Wilson, you need to go with us one of these days. I like the idea of confusing people with another gecko.

Yes, yes I do. If you guys still do Peter's Mill the following weekend (25th) I think I'm going to be around.

Jack Burton 05-12-2013 09:06 AM

I can't make it this weekend...already on a camping trip at the Cove but something for the rest of you to work with...

While you guys are up there you should "check in" for the Jeep Badge of Honor.
Badge of Honor | Off Road Trails, Jeep Life, Trail Badge | Jeep

I've been to Rausch Creek before they had this program, so I have to make it back to get in on this. GLHF.

danrb 05-12-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Burton (Post 3746864)
I can't make it this weekend...already on a camping trip at the Cove but something for the rest of you to work with...

While you guys are up there you should "check in" for the Jeep Badge of Honor.
Badge of Honor | Off Road Trails, Jeep Life, Trail Badge | Jeep

I've been to Rausch Creek before they had this program, so I have to make it back to get in on this. GLHF.

We should go to Windrock over the 4th and get two badges :-)

danrb 05-13-2013 06:45 AM

So Jason tells me there are 3 options.


- camp. Free, but on a first come basis
- motel
- drive up at 5 am

What do you all plan on doing? I'm open to any option.

Reaper2332 05-13-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danrb (Post 3749933)
So Jason tells me there are 3 options.

- camp. Free, but on a first come basis
- motel
- drive up at 5 am

What do you all plan on doing? I'm open to any option.

I plan on driving up friday evening. If they don't have camp sites available then I will just sleep in the jeep.

danrb 05-13-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper2332 (Post 3751226)

I plan on driving up friday evening. If they don't have camp sites available then I will just sleep in the jeep.

I like the idea of waking up fresh, but primitive camping, usually gets me no sleep and a sore back.

Gladi8r 05-13-2013 04:21 PM

My lift isn't getting installed as planned...Thus, I'm 50-50 right now on whether or not I'm going...I may go to OC MD this weekend now...

Reaper2332 05-13-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danrb (Post 3751417)

I like the idea of waking up fresh, but primitive camping, usually gets me no sleep and a sore back.

That's why I have an air mattress!

Reaper2332 05-13-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladi8r (Post 3751486)
My lift isn't getting installed as planned...Thus, I'm 50-50 right now on whether or not I'm going...I may go to OC MD this weekend now...

Dude you will still have a blast without it! The fire pit is a blast!

Bbannongmu 05-13-2013 07:26 PM

Going up on Saturday May 18 too. Small group of mostly stock/ mildly lifted Jeeps. PM me if you need a crew to ride with on mostly greens.

Gbobva 05-13-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danrb (Post 3751417)
I like the idea of waking up fresh, but primitive camping, usually gets me no sleep and a sore back.

One word.. Just one word...

Hammock

Eagles Nest Outfitters Inc. - Hammocks and Hammock Sleeping Systems - Rain, Cold and Insect Protection.

Reaper2332 05-13-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bbannongmu (Post 3752121)
Going up on Saturday May 18 too. Small group of mostly stock/ mildly lifted Jeeps. PM me if you need a crew to ride with on mostly greens.

We will be doing mostly green trails and a few blue. I am going to attempt a few blue black obstacles as well. Are you driving up friday night or saturday morning?

Reaper2332 05-13-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbobva (Post 3752329)

Use to have one. Liked it but if you didnt have it set up right it was really uncomfortable. Plus rausch area has been getting freeze and frost warnings. Definitely don't want to be in a hammock then haha.

20wrangler31 05-14-2013 04:44 PM

Are you planning on camping till the 19 or only going on Saturday the 18?

Reaper2332 05-14-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20wrangler31 (Post 3755753)
Are you planning on camping till the 19 or only going on Saturday the 18?

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I'm leaving right after we are done saturday.

danrb 05-14-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper2332 (Post 3755794)

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I'm leaving right after we are done saturday.

I'm planning on driving up in the am and back in the evening. Anyone want to meet up?

QuietSpike 05-14-2013 06:13 PM

I might Dan. I'm working Friday and not sure when I'm done. Also not sure when the Friday convoy is meeting up and departing. I'm going to try and go with them, but no guarantees.

Really want to camp, but only have a sleeping bag and tarp.:) weather looks good enough to sleep outside, which is fine by me! I can bring food, too...

Reaper2332 05-14-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danrb (Post 3755927)

I'm planning on driving up in the am and back in the evening. Anyone want to meet up?

I thought you were driving up with me friday night?

For Quietspike;
I have a tent but its only a 2 person tent. I was thinking about just folding down my rear seats and making my bed inside.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 PM.