Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   My Jeep turns a lot of heads in town... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/my-jeep-turns-a-lot-of-heads-in-town-2420.html)

DoubleUp686 07-28-2006 01:40 PM

My Jeep turns a lot of heads in town...

Yeah, only because people think I'm an axe murderer. I drive a yellow TJ, and there is one other yellow TJ in my town. The owner of that Jeep is now on trial for killing his father and attempting to kill his mother with an axe last november. I used to think it was funny that people would stare at me because they thought I was him, but now it is getting old. Here is a link to a news site with some articles on the story. I won't be surprised if this reaches national news.

http://www.timesunion.com/specialreports/porco/

If you read a little bit about this, you'll realize just how scummy this kid is. To make matters worse, his Jeep sucks. He's spent a ton of money on the most pointless upgrades. Some of them may not seem pointless, but they are because I'm pretty sure he doesn't offroad. Here are some of the really expensive things he's bought:

Warn winch (would be more appreciated on my Jeep)
HID boob headlights
A big yellow tow strap wrapped around his rear bumper (clean)
Baja racing seats

I think his tires look really stupid too, but that might be personal preference and I don't want to offend anyone on the forum.

Well, I'm bored at work and just thought that some people would think this was interesting. Pretty much everyone in my county and surrounding counties identifies this kid with his yellow wrangler because the news is always showing it and mentioning it in articles. If you read about it, you'll see. Also, if he is somehow proven innocent, I think I might get a vanity plate that says "NOTPORCO". I checked the DMV site and that would fit. I wish I'd gotten it a year ago.

MR.CLIFFORD 07-28-2006 03:13 PM

You should just run around with a small campers axe so when people start to stare you can just show them a little bit. :D

Bluesman 07-28-2006 03:15 PM

He he haw haw, and I thought people staring at me cause I'm bald and ugly was bad. :D

SurfnSnow 07-28-2006 06:41 PM

It would be fun to chase people down in/with your jeep who do stare, but that's just me

1BLKJP 07-28-2006 06:52 PM

That's pretty funny bro. Use it to your advantage. I bet no one would fight you for a parking spot. :D

97TJAC 07-30-2006 03:56 PM

Hell yeah
get yourself a small axe and attach it to the hood or somehow on the outside of the vehicle where people sometimes put their Hi-Lifts

but yes that would suck having people stare at you

bluvikng 07-30-2006 04:06 PM

Knowing PA, they would probably arrest him for having a concealed weapon(small camping hatchet).........:D

DoubleUp686 07-30-2006 07:32 PM

well, I guess I could just leave it in the front seat or something. Then it wouldn't be concealed. Besides, I think the cops around here would think it was funny too.

Tdad 07-30-2006 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluvikng
Knowing PA, they would probably arrest him for having a concealed weapon(small camping hatchet).........:D

He's in NY. They haven't taken over PA yet (but the invasion has begun) :D

bluvikng 07-30-2006 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tdad
He's in NY. They haven't taken over PA yet (but the invasion has begun) :D

My bad.........I read the article about the death, in their hometown of Bethlehem, and just figured it was PA. My mistake.

Tdad 07-31-2006 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluvikng
My bad.........I read the article about the death, in their hometown of Bethlehem, and just figured it was PA. My mistake.

You know Bethlehem, PA? How?
The steel or the Billy Joel song?
I grew up there.

DoubleUp686 07-31-2006 09:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of that guy and his Jeep. I f-in hate those tires! They're wider than they are tall.

daddyjeep 08-01-2006 11:21 AM

What's up with those headlights. It looks like he put projector beam lights in there or something. The tires might look better with a couple inches of lift. When he goes to prison, I'd take care of his Jeep for him.

bluvikng 08-01-2006 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tdad
You know Bethlehem, PA? How?
The steel or the Billy Joel song?
I grew up there.

I grew up in MD, and grossly disliked (still do), Billy Joel. When one of his songs would come over the radio, I either turned the channel, or smacked the radio off. My first job in high school was welding, fabricating, and erecting steel bldgs in the field. So I guess you could say that "Bethlehem Steel", was a household name with me. Later, after starting to drive 18 wheelers, out of NH, I hauled a few loads of steel, (from Bethlehem) going back into VT, and NH.

Foot Note, there haven't been many singers, that literally made me want to hurl, as bad as Billy Joel did. But that is only my opinion, and I hope I haven't angered the "Horrible Music gods".