Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Florida Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f71/)
-   -   Help Dead 2012 (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f71/help-dead-2012-a-242053.html)

joe buell 05-11-2013 11:17 PM

Help Dead 2012

:facepalm:Well took my mother out to eat for moms day on sat to beat the Sun rush anyway we started to leave turned the key on my 2012 2dr sport and the dash lights looked like the 4TH of July right down to the sizzle flicker/flash get bright go dim well my brother was there . we opened the hood and you could hear clicking from the fuse panel without the key in ignition. it turned out clicking is coming from the ignition relay took relay out and it continued disconnected bat for 10min to try to reset no use even with the key out and the lights turned off. the parking lights and headlights would flicker very dimly called roadside assist and they sent a tow well could not get it in neutral with key all the way on when the tow guy hooked jump box to it it was enough to get it in neutral but then key would not come out well got it to local dealer of course not open till Monday if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them thanks Joe. until then :banghead:

damndirtydog 05-13-2013 07:21 PM

Man, they really had some bugs to work out of the 2012's.
Atleast its under warranty. Good luck.

tabber02 05-14-2013 11:09 AM

sure the battery isn't the issue?

equinedanielle 05-14-2013 06:43 PM

I'm by no means an expert, but mine did the exact same thing you described. Took me awhile to figure it out, but one of my battery terminals was touching the inside of my hood. Tightened the battery down and haven't had a problem since.

joe buell 05-15-2013 04:28 PM

Hey thanks for the feedback guys it did turn out to be the batt bad cell they threw in a new 72month mopar and no charge its under warranty but I just could not believe after 10-15 minutes of a jump it would not start even with full light output .but at least its fixed and BTW FYI mopar only pays the 1st $100 of a tow so Im glad I was only 8miles from dealer and that was $90.00 glad it was not electrical Gremlins thanks again OBTW SRQ jku and a few others are talking terra Cia wheeling Sun will meet at 12noon at BP on US41&69th in north Palmetto anyone wants to go get with one of us Joe.

equinedanielle 05-15-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe buell (Post 3758636)
Hey thanks for the feedback guys it did turn out to be the batt bad cell they threw in a new 72month mopar and no charge its under warranty but I just could not believe after 10-15 minutes of a jump it would not start even with full light output .but at least its fixed and BTW FYI mopar only pays the 1st $100 of a tow so Im glad I was only 8miles from dealer and that was $90.00 glad it was not electrical Gremlins thanks again OBTW SRQ jku and a few others are talking terra Cia wheeling Sun will meet at 12noon at BP on US41&69th in north Palmetto anyone wants to go get with one of us Joe.

Sweet, glad you got it fixed. Mine was making me crazy for about a week. I swore it was electrical too, until one day I finally was able to smell it. I'd recognize that smell anywhere! (Long story with an old truck I flipped, battery and headers had melted to each other, lol)

JKU SRQ 05-16-2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe buell (Post 3758636)

Glad Firkins got you fixed up without much hassle. I started a thread for Palmetto:
Wheeling in Palmetto Sunday May 19th at Noon