Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

What are the best 2" coil lifts springs?

12K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Rubidude 
#1 ·
I want a small lift but don't want to change drive shafts or pitman arm or possibly get a death wobble. I heard the 2" lift is the way to go. I don't want a budget boost. I just put on a new bumper and winch and I believe my 10 year old spring may be sagging. Which springs do y'all think would be best?

#3 ·
Go with Old Man Emu if you can. It's a fantastic 2.5" lift

#10 ·
I have the Bilstein shocks also so I might have the same combo. I assume your happy with the performance of that setup?

#12 ·
The combination of OME springs & shocks gives a very good ride but their springs are a bit soft & might sag a tad before you'd expect them to.

I am no fan of ProComp but their 2" springs are actually very good quality. If I wanted a 2" lift, I'd probably go with ProComp 2" springs and either OME Nitrocharger, Rancho RS9000xl, or Bilstein 5100 shocks.

#16 ·
The combination of OME springs & shocks gives a very good ride but their springs are a bit soft & might sag a tad before you'd expect them to.
Jerry I think you're mistaken. OME sells about 4 different choices of springs for front and rear of a TJ/LJ. You can pick from a variety of combinations from stock rate to stupid stiff. They're only soft and will only sag before you expect them to if you choose the wrong rate for the amount of crap you're carrying around....and that goes for any spring, from any manufacturer.

#20 ·
I just installed OME, springs and shocks,, medium in front heavy in rear.. I was a bit skeptical at first, the ride was a bit stiff. My wife suggested loading up our gear, hooking up the trailer and give it a try ... Wow !!! Complete control while cornering, and goodness it soaks up the bumps.. A world of difference from stock with BB.. If you don't have much gear, go with the medium rated springs... My son and my son inlaw will soon be getting OME under their rigs..

#22 ·
Having used both OME and BDS, here's my take.

If your Jeep is heavy, you will need to look at springs that are suitable to sustain the Jeep's weight. OME offers heavy duty rated springs which work great. I currently run OME and it's a great lift.

If your Jeep is of average weight, you will be fine with BDS springs. I used to run BDS and it too, is a great lift.

From a cost perspective, BSD is not as expensive compared to OME but BSD does not give options for spring rate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.