Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   In channel Window Deflectors (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/in-channel-window-deflectors-242406.html)

01svtL 05-13-2013 06:05 PM

In channel Window Deflectors

For those of you who have these, do they help deflect the wind at all with the windows down/top up? It doesn't bother me at all really, but my passengers could use a little blockage.

damndirtydog 05-13-2013 06:12 PM

No they don't change the wind flow at all. I bought them to be able to keep my windows cracked in the summer when the jeep is parked in the sun.

mike1158 05-13-2013 06:30 PM

thats not really how they work...my wife has them on her GC Limited.
Honestly i think they were created for Smokers... so they can crack the window to ash and blow out the smoke..without all the wind noise and buffeting....
Some say "they're great for cracking the windows to get fresh air when it rains"...... how often do you have to do this? again i say Smokers...

legitposter 05-13-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike1158 (Post 3751891)
thats not really how they work...my wife has them on her GC Limited.
Honestly i think they were created for Smokers... so they can crack the window to ash and blow out the smoke..without all the wind noise and buffeting....
Some say "they're great for cracking the windows to get fresh air when it rains"...... how often do you have to do this? again i say Smokers...

Cracking down on wind noise and buffeting? That sounds like they actually do something. So do they or don't they?

estedre 05-13-2013 06:53 PM

They do deflect wind just not a lot. I would say they are best for rolling the window down a little and not getting wet but they do deflect quite a bit of wind when the window is down about 1/2 way. When the window is down all the way they still eliminate that right in your face wind that you get without them. All in all i think they are worth it especially since you can take them off pretty easily. By the way i don't smoke!

Abnormal-JK 05-13-2013 08:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Like was said, they work well when the windows down 0-50%... They work great in the rain to let air flow through the vehicle...

I Plasti dipped mine.. They look like factory and match the top... Plus they really change the view from inside looking out... I like that too.

SylvanSahara 05-13-2013 09:49 PM

They are great dont have them on the Jeep but have had them on a couple of GC and Yukons i have owned, i have had the clear Vent-a-Shade and, then painted the inside of them body color. they are like having a tint on the upper portion of the window, like mention earlier in the summer heat it allowed me to crack windows and kept the truck much cooler when parked in the hot sun, as well as fresh air in rainy weather w/o getting wet. loved the look of them on my GC and Yukon also not sure if i like them on Wrangler

mike1158 05-14-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legitposter (Post 3751954)
Cracking down on wind noise and buffeting? That sounds like they actually do something. So do they or don't they?

yes...but mostly with the window down only a couple inches. basically with the top of the window not below the bottom of the deflector..
I don't think they really do much with the window open 50% or better

Nuke83 05-16-2013 07:46 AM

For those of you who do have these, do they keep the flood of water out when you crack/roll down the window when or after its been raining? I'm finding that if I go through a drive through on a rainy day, I get a river rushing in when I roll down the window. I would think that having these would deflect that water and keep it outside the Jeep. Same thing if you pull alongside another vehicle and want to roll down windows to talk, etc. It's just that initial rush of water in that has collected on the top that wants to snake its way in that I want to deflect.

Anyone with these who can comment?

Abnormal-JK 05-16-2013 10:25 AM

Yep Nuke, they do.... that said, if the window is down all the way... maybe not... but at a drive thru, I usually have my window down half way til it's time to pay, and good to go.

JeeperJake 05-16-2013 10:39 AM

years ago I had an 84 GMC pick up...these kind of deflectors worked very well on that body configuration.