Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/)
-   -   jeep death shake (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/jeep-death-shake-242702.html)

thatblondewhodrivesajeep 05-14-2013 08:41 PM

jeep death shake
 
so I drive a 03 wrangler and it has the " jeep death shake " I've tried replacing the rims , tires , axial , and shocks and it still wobbles ! help !!!

00tj2 05-14-2013 08:55 PM

Wow, you need to slow down. Throwing unnecessary money at a problem won't get you anywhere.b did you really replace everything you just posted?.?

EricsRubi 05-14-2013 08:57 PM

Death wobble is generally from bushings,u-joints, tie rod ends,etc..

SallyAnn 05-15-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricsRubi (Post 3756439)
Death wobble is generally from bushings,u-joints, tie rod ends,etc..

exactly

Personal experience: I had a wobble so bad I couldn't drive over 30mph. I came on here, checked out the death wobble thread and started troubleshooting. turns out, my rear U joints were done. replaced them, good to go. i hope you didn't go out and buy new wheels and tires, unless you were secretly looking for a reason to.

trailinone 05-15-2013 09:33 AM

Mine was the front track bar. Good luck.
Chris

homebrwd 05-15-2013 09:36 AM

Look at the death wobble thread at the top of the forum. lots of good information in that.

Wattapunk 05-15-2013 10:42 AM

Try being more descriptive with more details on your issue. Does it shakes at certain speed range and goes away when you drive above/below that range? What size tires are you running ? Who recommended you change all those listed items ? You need to find a good 4x4 shop that has deals with Jeeps to check out your front end components, alignment etc... I would change mechanic/ or shop if they have aimlessly recommending you change tires/wheels/shocks and more shockingly axles to cure "shakes".

nexbot486 05-15-2013 10:55 AM

I had that for awhile, one day i was out mudding in a construction site and ran into a ditch, once i got her out never had the problem again

Water Dog 05-15-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nexbot486 (Post 3757479)
I had that for awhile, one day i was out mudding in a construction site and ran into a ditch, once i got her out never had the problem again

"Go figure, she falls down a well, her eyes go cross, she gets kicked by a mule, they go back to normal.".......Eddie :rolleyes:

SuicideSaints 05-15-2013 02:08 PM

Wow, can I have all your old parts....... JK. Try reading the DW sticky, also look at your track bar set up and pitman arm. Go through the thread you will find the problem.

eiei2261 05-15-2013 09:07 PM

Check your tie rods and drag link and track bar.And its bolts.

thatblondewhodrivesajeep 05-16-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00tj2 (Post 3756428)
Wow, you need to slow down. Throwing unnecessary money at a problem won't get you anywhere.b did you really replace everything you just posted?.?

It needed new shocks and tires so that wasn't a big deal but I thought it might help but it didn't .

thatblondewhodrivesajeep 05-16-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuicideSaints (Post 3758119)
Wow, can I have all your old parts....... JK. Try reading the DW sticky, also look at your track bar set up and pitman arm. Go through the thread you will find the problem.

haha I'm selling alot of it !

thatblondewhodrivesajeep 05-16-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyAnn (Post 3757072)

exactly

Personal experience: I had a wobble so bad I couldn't drive over 30mph. I came on here, checked out the death wobble thread and started troubleshooting. turns out, my rear U joints were done. replaced them, good to go. i hope you didn't go out and buy new wheels and tires, unless you were secretly looking for a reason to.

I needed new tires and shocks and I thought I would help but it didn't .

thatblondewhodrivesajeep 05-16-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wattapunk (Post 3757435)
Try being more descriptive with more details on your issue. Does it shakes at certain speed range and goes away when you drive above/below that range? What size tires are you running ? Who recommended you change all those listed items ? You need to find a good 4x4 shop that has deals with Jeeps to check out your front end components, alignment etc... I would change mechanic/ or shop if they have aimlessly recommending you change tires/wheels/shocks and more shockingly axles to cure "shakes".

it shakes when I go over 35 . I have 33 s . Uhm I needed to replace alot of those things because I wanted to rebuild it but I also thought it would help .

lovethetrails5 05-16-2013 12:23 PM

Doea anyone know if breaks could be the issue i never used to get it and its been getting progressively worse i get it around 25-40mph and i need neew front breaks i know that

SuicideSaints 05-16-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovethetrails5 (Post 3761820)
Doea anyone know if breaks could be the issue i never used to get it and its been getting progressively worse i get it around 25-40mph and i need neew front breaks i know that

It could be brakes if it is happening during breaking, if it doesn't happen during braking then it is probably not the breaks. Checks U joints first (all of them), then start checking linkage for wear marks and looseness.......

sinbob 05-16-2013 04:34 PM

have u checked ur ball joints???


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.