Noob looking for some info please
I recently bought a 92 jeep 2.5L and been researching abit about some mods I would like to do. Like I said new to the game so some info would be appreciated. Here goes a few questions.
1. What year and model 4.0 TB can I use for my motor? Do I have to change out the hose that connects the throttle body to the air filter? Is it worth using one of those Helix type spacers also?
2. What size spark plug wires and coil should I get? 8mm? 10mm?
3. What year and model electric fan can I use for this. I've seen Taurus and Lincolns work but not sure what year and what I need to pull off those for it to work.
4. Cold air intake. worth it? type to get?
5. Banks Header?
Thanks for any info on this... Semper Fi:punk:
2. 8mm is just fine.
3. I got mine out of a 2000's mecury grand marqius 4.6 l. Lincoln mark VIII was only made from 92/3 - 97/8 IIRC. If you are gonna use the 2 speed you need 2 relays. Mine runs on low thru a temp controller on 1 and uses both for hi. I need to post my diagram sometime. I did not use weird 50a relays like some do. I use plain old automotive 30a relays. No issues. I think some people try to over think the wiring. The factory ford relays are 30a...
4. not a fan of CAI's on offroad vehicles. I am using a stock box raised up some. If your on the road only then you can make one pretty cheap. Honestly no where on a yj will you get actual cold air so mostly i think your taking in warm under hood air anyway.
5. not sure on the header. Mine is leaking. i thought about replacing it but i want to do a 5.3v8 swap so the money would be a waste for me.
Welcome and good luck!
Just make sure you use your 2.5l sensors that is the tips IAC and the housing when I say housing its the part that the IAC bolts to that will read 2.5l on it. As far as the t body itself just get a similar year it can be off of a cheerokee to just make sure it has the 4 bolt pattern.And to get the most out of the swap after researching this is get a new air intake as well. Keep in mind more air in more air that needs to go out so new exhaust system is key to this upgrade also. I have a spacer but I can't tell any difference but the sound. Haven't upgraded my fan yet. Some are running 19lb ford injectors and are pleased with them. Good luck
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 AM.|
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.