Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Colorado Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/)
-   -   Moving to the Springs (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/moving-to-the-springs-242998.html)

COLOUJK 05-16-2013 08:58 AM

Moving to the Springs
 
Hey guys, yesterday I gave a verbal agreement to accept a job down in the spring :dance:. Just waiting for them to send the paperwork to make it official. But I am currently in Lafayette and will be looking for some good places to live down in the Springs. Job is off Garden of the Gods Road, and I am looking for either an apartment or condo with an enclosed garage. I am going to probably rent at first. So, what would some of you springs people recommend?

Sinister6 05-16-2013 09:50 AM

WEST side. There's some nice places off 21st. Also off Centennial which is right off GOG. Look me up, we'll grab a bite and some trails.

COLOUJK 05-16-2013 10:53 AM

Will do. Thanks for the info I will start my searches there.

chrisfp88 05-16-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinister6 (Post 3761471)
WEST side. There's some nice places off 21st. Also off Centennial which is right off GOG. Look me up, we'll grab a bite and some trails.

West side is the best bet. Just make sure to avoid most of the southeast. Ie airport rd. That are can be very sketchy.

Sinister6 05-16-2013 12:09 PM

If you find a place you can call police dept with the address... They can tell you how many calls they've gotten in that area. Gives you an idea how Relatively safe an area is...

SETI1x 05-16-2013 01:51 PM

Nothing South of Platte Ave.

COLOUJK 05-16-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfp88 (Post 3761982)
West side is the best bet. Just make sure to avoid most of the southeast. Ie airport rd. That are can be very sketchy.

Alright will do, this is one reason Im looking for a garage. Need something to protect my bike and Jeep.

Justin04Lj 05-16-2013 03:21 PM

North and north east are the more expensive and safer parts of town. If I could afford it id live in black forest.

BrianTG 05-16-2013 03:22 PM

"Protected by Shotgun"

cmaggi2 05-16-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinister6 (Post 3762024)
If you find a place you can call police dept with the address... They can tell you how many calls they've gotten in that area. Gives you an idea how Relatively safe an area is...

Or use this website. It helped me b/f when looking for places in NOLA.
SpotCrime Crime Map

Full Spool 05-16-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin04Lj (Post 3762599)
North and north east are the more expensive and safer parts of town. If I could afford it id live in black forest.

Admit it... you wanna come out to Calhoon :thumb:

Justin04Lj 05-16-2013 09:48 PM

Falcon was way too windy. Cant imagine how it is that far east lol. Being far away from people must be nice though.

Full Spool 05-16-2013 10:01 PM

Yeah Falcon is a wind tunnel. We don't get half the wind in the summer as that area. Winter..... That's another story.

Justin04Lj 05-16-2013 10:05 PM

Yeah winters out there get crazy. Bet you get some intense thunderstorms also. The county fair is fun I liked the demolition derby.

topher38 05-17-2013 01:21 AM

I miss living off of curtis and jones. I loved it out there.

Sinister6 06-12-2013 08:33 PM

So when are you moving to the Springs? Did you find a place yet?

COLOUJK 06-13-2013 08:17 PM

I just moved down here this weekend. Now that I have a place I am getting the itch to go exploring the trails.

Sinister6 06-13-2013 09:13 PM

So where did you end up? Definitely gotta hit sone trails...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 AM.