Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   I'm satisfied. (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/im-satisfied-243055.html)

jeepingchester 05-16-2013 02:07 PM

I'm satisfied.

First a shout out to Zach from Extreme Terrain, THANKS Zack. With the forum discount and free shipping from Extreme Terrain (Zack) this Rough Country Hybrid winch bumper is hard to beat. I might put it on to day but I haven't ordered the pump relocation bracket yet. Do you guys know if I can install the bumper without the relocation bracket? And if so, can I install the relocation bracket later without taking the bumper back off? Anyway, well packaged and all seems to be there. I might shoot it with a spay bedliner coat but all in all, its a great bang for your buck winch bumper.

Attachment 249870

XTRyan 05-16-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepingchester (Post 3762208)
First a shout out to Zach from Extreme Terrain, THANKS Zack. With the forum discount and free shipping from Extreme Terrain (Zack) this Rough Country Hybrid winch bumper is hard to beat. I might put it on to day but I haven't ordered the pump relocation bracket yet. Do you guys know if I can install the bumper without the relocation bracket? And if so, can I install the relocation bracket later without taking the bumper back off? Anyway, well packaged and all seems to be there. I might shoot it with a spay bedliner coat but all in all, its a great bang for your buck winch bumper.

Attachment 249870

I'm glad you're happy, and that we could help! That thing's going to look great. I have only seen a few installed, so I'm excited to see it on your Jeep. Hope the bracket gets to you soon, and the install goes smoothly. If you need to get a hold of me, either shoot me a PM or reply to our thread.

-Zach

Binx 05-16-2013 04:21 PM

You can't put it on without grinding off the bracket its attached to. You need to do this or the winch plate won't fit, and you need the relocate bracket or it won't work. Be sure to bedline the bumper and its sides or it will rust like crazy after some rain and water gets on it. Have fun!

reddragons 05-16-2013 04:30 PM

My same bumper is showing up today. Unfortunately I was not aware of XT and the free shipping.

jeepingchester 05-16-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binx (Post 3762600)
You can't put it on without grinding off the bracket its attached to. You need to do this or the winch plate won't fit, and you need the relocate bracket or it won't work. Be sure to bedline the bumper and its sides or it will rust like crazy after some rain and water gets on it. Have fun!

OK, So I need the relocation bracket:banghead:. Thanks for the advice, I plan on shooting it with some store bought bed lining spray, I'm sure that will suffice, or hope it will:whistling:

Binx 05-16-2013 06:22 PM

That's what I'm going to use for the bedliner, only I have to take mine of and sand it because it rusted so bad

reddragons 05-17-2013 02:00 AM

Just installed mine, just wish Rough Country would have told me the wiring for the lights needed to be be longer. Oh well, still a great deal and everything installed as expected.

jeepingchester 05-17-2013 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reddragons (Post 3764383)
Just installed mine, just wish Rough Country would have told me the wiring for the lights needed to be be longer. Oh well, still a great deal and everything installed as expected.

Didn't think of that. Thanks, nice to know ahead of time. Have you installed a winch on it yet?

XTRyan 05-17-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reddragons (Post 3762636)
My same bumper is showing up today. Unfortunately I was not aware of XT and the free shipping.

Reddragons,

I'll shoot you over our Wrangler Forum Discount code in a PM so you can buy from us on your next order! Be sure to check your inbox.:thumb:

-Zach

reddragons 05-17-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepingchester (Post 3764562)
Didn't think of that. Thanks, nice to know ahead of time. Have you installed a winch on it yet?

I put the winch on the plate before the plate went on the Jeep as per the instructions. Pretty easy, my 10 year old and I installed it.

reddragons 05-17-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XTZach (Post 3765020)
Reddragons,

I'll shoot you over our Wrangler Forum Discount code in a PM so you can buy from us on your next order! Be sure to check your inbox.:thumb:

-Zach

Just checked it, Thanks Zack!

reddragons 05-17-2013 11:46 AM

Ok so here's what I discovered this morning. When wiring up the winch, one of my grounds is at the bottom of the winch and I can not reach it with a wrench. I'm now pulling my winch, wiring the ground and then putting it back in. Recommend the same if you have a ground on the bottom of your winch.

reddragons 05-17-2013 11:48 AM

P.S. also watch out if your hard top is hanging in the garage. DO NOT quickly stand up underneath it, it hurts like hell.

XTRyan 05-17-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reddragons (Post 3765260)
Just checked it, Thanks Zack!

You're welcome! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

-Zach

jeepingchester 05-17-2013 02:00 PM

Got inpatient, had to install it. So I haven't bedlined it or anything but I do like the look and it seems sturdy as hell for my needs.

XTRyan 05-20-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepingchester (Post 3765861)
Got inpatient, had to install it. So I haven't bedlined it or anything but I do like the look and it seems sturdy as hell for my needs.

Awesome! Lets see some pics man...:popcorn:

-Zach