Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   WTH is with the speed of this site? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/wth-is-with-the-speed-of-this-site-243137.html)

Tee 05-16-2013 08:11 PM

WTH is with the speed of this site?
 
It's always been a slow site but DAAAAAAAAAAAM. Took me a half an hour to get to the point I could post this thread. It's always been slower than other sites but I figured it was all the dang adds. Moved to Supporting member hoping it would remove some of the BS adds slowing it down and its no different! Loads slower than molasses in January. And it is NOT not my connection or my computer as this is the ONLY site that this happens to me on. Also on multiple computers from work, home, mobile. Doesn't matter, this place sucks in speed of loading and ability to enjoy the good info it provides.

I can go to another browser session and check out several other sites while this one is loading one dam page???????

Mods, since becoming a supporting member didn't fix it. Please refund my payment. I enjoy the site and info. But it's too damn aggravating waiting for it to load a simple page. Not worth it. I'll get my info someplace else. :surrender:

Senior Chief 05-16-2013 08:18 PM

Maybe it's the server

RevCo666 05-16-2013 08:21 PM

There was an outage for the server yesterday or the day before. They could be making changes behind the lines to improve the quality. Tho I am not having any issues on my end. May I suggest a speed test on the OP side just in case?

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Senior Chief 05-16-2013 08:27 PM

Nice app! It said I'm at 16.65 mps. It also said I needed a haircut, but it's just an app.....

GoldenSahara00 05-16-2013 08:30 PM

I'm current'y running like 40 tabs and the pages load in 1-2 seconds. Mozilla firefox w/ some ad blocking add ons etc. I really doubt they will refund you, you knew your ability/speeds to search this site before you paid.

RoadiJeff 05-16-2013 08:38 PM

This site was slow for me until I went into my browser settings and disabled third party cookies. Now it's as fast as other forums I visit.

Tee 05-16-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 (Post 3763584)
I'm current'y running like 40 tabs and the pages load in 1-2 seconds. Mozilla firefox w/ some ad blocking add ons etc. I really doubt they will refund you, you knew your ability/speeds to search this site before you paid.

I don't really want a refund. I am Just extremely frustrated as this site has a lot of very good info. And this problem is consistent between my ipad, my phone, my work, my buds place. It literally takes minutes for a simple page to load. And it's been going on for weeks.
For instance, I clicked refresh right after posting my post (when it showed up on my PC). By the time it reloaded I surfed 10 different pages on RME. 2 on Jeepforum and checked my e-mail. On the same computer in a different browser window. And I clicked reply to the last post in my thread (YOURS) when it finally loaded. Lets see the time stamp for when this actually loads. And I will reply to the last post in the thread when my screen refreshes after this post for another time stamp.

GoldenSahara00 05-16-2013 08:58 PM

I feel bad for you. Try disabling cookies, and blocking some ads. It seems really odd, and I haven't had issues, but there are others who experience this. What browser do you use?

jp2611 05-16-2013 08:59 PM

I see no difference from any other sites I surf.....only slow when I first log in..like most...but GTG after that.....

Tee 05-16-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 (Post 3763693)
I feel bad for you. Try disabling cookies, and blocking some ads. It seems really odd, and I haven't had issues, but there are others who experience this. What browser do you use?

Here is the next time stamp.

Thanks for the suggestion. Cookies are disabled. Will try the disabling adds, I will try that as soon as this reply loads. Explorer 7 is my browser.
T

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

GoldenSahara00 05-16-2013 09:08 PM

Give Firefox a shot real quick.

RevCo666 05-16-2013 09:44 PM

Recommended Add-on extensions for Firefox that I use are the following:

AdBlock plus 2.2.4
AdBlock plus pop-up addon 0.7
Donottrackme 2.2.8.307

Using these three add-ons have saved me countless problems and increased my surf speed marginally as well. But definately worth an attempt to try this combo.

schnutzy 05-16-2013 10:11 PM

when you become a supporting member, one of the benefits is indeed that less adds show up, however, it is not automatic. you have to click the option in your user CP. one of the admins has gone in and turned it on for you. see if this doesnt help speed things up a little :thumb:

WF is becoming a decently large forum, and as a result, there are going to be high traffic times, and low traffic times. This will effect how fast the forum loads for users.

RevCo666 05-16-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schnutzy (Post 3763951)
WF is becoming a decently large forum, and as a result, there are going to be high traffic times, and low traffic times. This will effect how fast the forum loads for users.

How many active users on average (ball park figure I guess) come to this site?

schnutzy 05-16-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevCo666 (Post 3763971)
How many active users on average (ball park figure I guess) come to this site?

no clue
Ive not taken the time to study the active user numbers to give any kind of answer that would be anywhere near accurate. to be perfectly honest, i doubt any of us who volunteer as mods/admins have the free time to sit down and give a good go at getting a good average for that. best i can tell you right now is there are about 4250(+/-50) people viewing the forum at this time.

RevCo666 05-16-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schnutzy (Post 3764037)
no clue
Ive not taken the time to study the active user numbers to give any kind of answer that would be anywhere near accurate. to be perfectly honest, i doubt any of us who volunteer as mods/admins have the free time to sit down and give a good go at getting a good average for that. best i can tell you right now is there are about 4250(+/-50) people viewing the forum at this time.

No worries, I was just curious if there was a master list by the admin that could show a ballpark figure of active users. 4250 at once is a fair amount in itself...

SHADYDC 05-17-2013 10:07 AM

i have same problem, this site is always slow.

RoadiJeff 05-17-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff (Post 3763620)
This site was slow for me until I went into my browser settings and disabled third party cookies. Now it's as fast as other forums I visit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tee (Post 3763723)

Thanks for the suggestion. Cookies are disabled.

You're welcome. :rolleyes:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.