Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   swap half door for a full door on a 98 jeep wrangler (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/swap-half-door-for-a-full-door-on-a-98-jeep-wrangler-243224.html)

RYAN1420 05-17-2013 07:56 AM

swap half door for a full door on a 98 jeep wrangler

we recently were just given a 98 jeep wrangler soft top that mechanically is in alright shape. some work needs to be done but the basics are good.

my wife however doesn't like the half door which leads me into my first upgrade. i'm sure i can, but how difficult is it to swap my half doors for full doors? any how to's would be good or if someone can give me a quick explanation i would appreciate.

thanks!

SARGEII 05-17-2013 08:48 AM

you'll see plenty of people looking to swap doors on this forum and others. or you could buy full doors now and sell your half doors. most people are looking for halfs this time of year, so you could do well. I'm actually selling my full doors after switching to halfs. I'm in NY if you're interested. They're black exterior, slate interior. Good luck!!

janosko9424 05-17-2013 09:12 AM

Any TJ door should fit just fine. If there is any problems with the door closing just loosen the latch connected to the jeep and move it up or down alittle and that should be all it needs. If there are bolts at the bottom of the two door hinges just ratchet those off(they should be painted the body color) and then once you have those off lift up on the door and then drive for awhile with no doors and enjoy your jeep!

RYAN1420 05-17-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SARGEII (Post 3765008)
you'll see plenty of people looking to swap doors on this forum and others. or you could buy full doors now and sell your half doors. most people are looking for halfs this time of year, so you could do well. I'm actually selling my full doors after switching to halfs. I'm in NY if you're interested. They're black exterior, slate interior. Good luck!!

how much for the doors?

RYAN1420 05-17-2013 09:30 AM

what about latches lining up and the jeeps that come with full doors do they also come with that plastic piece the bolts to the roll bars?

Willyearls98 05-17-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RYAN1420
we recently were just given a 98 jeep wrangler soft top that mechanically is in alright shape. some work needs to be done but the basics are good.

my wife however doesn't like the half door which leads me into my first upgrade. i'm sure i can, but how difficult is it to swap my half doors for full doors? any how to's would be good or if someone can give me a quick explanation i would appreciate.

thanks!

How much you want for the half? Pm me with a price if you wanna sell them.