Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   Builders Corner (
-   -   97 Wrangler rot (

Jjp3 05-17-2013 08:08 AM

97 Wrangler rot
Hi, brand new here. I just too the tub off a 97 wrangler to repair some frame rot and in general go through the thing. Not sure what they're called but the upper rear spring "perches" or "buckets" or "mounting plates" are broken from the frame and in bad enough shape that I just want to replace them while the tub is off. Does anyone know where I can buy these aftermarket or what they are technically called so I can try searching further for them? Thank you.

errollins13 05-17-2013 08:58 AM

I think this is what you are talking about
I searched upper spring bucket

Edit: it's part numbers 5204-8420 and 5204-8421 I found them on

Jjp3 05-17-2013 02:50 PM

97 Rot
Thank you very much. I had actually come to this part and was unsure if it was the items I needed because they looked a bit different than stock. I am looking forward to becoming more familiar with Jeeps as a go along. I'll post some pics as I go. The frame is in tougher shape than I hoped after getting the tub off and needle scaling the subject areas.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.