Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/poison-spyder-rocker-knockers-243496.html)

mountainneer 05-18-2013 04:17 PM

Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
 
Just picked up my Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers. These things are solid and top quality like you would expect from PS.

Dropped them off at the powder coater. Should be done next week..

Tweak 05-18-2013 04:29 PM

may have to pick up a set. after getting the BFH stinger front bumper I am pretty happy with their stuff. Usually "Made in America" comes with a high price, their prices arent bad.

DCR-13JK 05-18-2013 05:31 PM

Just wondering if there was any reason u didn't just get ps to powder coat them. Also I thought the center piece on these was a silver looking finish but I notice yours are black.

mountainneer 05-19-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCR-13JK (Post 3769169)
Just wondering if there was any reason u didn't just get ps to powder coat them. Also I thought the center piece on these was a silver looking finish but I notice yours are black.

I used a local powder coater, the same one I used to powder coat my bumpers. In the pic, they are bare metal. I think the shadows make them look black.

They are getting powder coated semi gloss black and the skins will be silver.

DCR-13JK 05-19-2013 10:26 AM

Ok thanks. Getting ready to order these as well as rear bumper from ps. Think I'll get them to powder coat them and wanted to make sure u hadn't heard bad things about their powder coating.

mountainneer 05-19-2013 03:26 PM

I'm sure there powder coater is top quality. I havent heard anything bad about them. I don't think they will ship powder coated bumpers, because of the chance of scratches and damage during shipping. I know they will have them powder coated and you are able to pick up directly.

If you have them powder coat them, ask them about doing 2 coats of powder. Makes a big difference. You can really tell the difference in bumpers which only have one coat.

jwann01 05-19-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainneer (Post 3771565)
I'm sure there powder coater is top quality. I havent heard anything bad about them. I don't think they will ship powder coated bumpers, because of the chance of scratches and damage during shipping. I know they will have them powder coated and you are able to pick up directly.

If you have them powder coat them, ask them about doing 2 coats of powder. Makes a big difference. You can really tell the difference in bumpers which only have one coat.

I had them powder coat my bumper and ship it. They did a great job and they wrapped it very good for shipping.

mountainneer 05-19-2013 04:18 PM

Guess they will ship powder coated products. Good to know. I usually make the drive down to PS to pickup parts, to save on the shipping.

Supercop260 05-19-2013 05:20 PM

Where are they located?

wrpnst1 05-19-2013 09:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I love my Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers.... Very solid and they do a great job on the Arizona boulder.... Are you going to paint the insert to match the jeep color???

Michael

Supercop260 05-19-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrpnst1 (Post 3772839)
I love my Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers.... Very solid and they do a great job on the Arizona boulder.... Are you going to paint the insert to match the jeep color???

Michael

That looks good with the matched white :thumb:

mountainneer 05-19-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercop260 (Post 3771840)
Where are they located?

They are located at:

1177 W. Lincoln St., #100A
Banning, CA 92220 USA
(951) 849-5911

mountainneer 05-19-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrpnst1 (Post 3772839)
I love my Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers.... Very solid and they do a great job on the Arizona boulder.... Are you going to paint the insert to match the jeep color???

Michael


Good looking jeep...I am powder coating the insert silver to match the jeep also.

DCR-13JK 05-20-2013 08:48 AM

Like the looks of yours. I've got a 2 dr as well. Think I'll match the centers on mine to. Picking them up is a little out of reach for me, I'm in Va.

Crosseyed Cricket 05-20-2013 08:57 AM

Why Powder Coat if you play on taking it off road? Just plastidip.

Kennyksu 05-20-2013 11:32 AM

I'm with Cricket. I did mine with bedlined so when I slide on them I can touch it up. Bedliner hides scars pretty well. I love my PS Rocker Knockers, they are solid. My only complaint was the missing hardware for mounting into the pre-threaded body tub holes. The instructions tell you to reuse the hardware from your Rubi rail take-offs, but I have a Sport. When I called PS they didn't offer any help. Found a post online for hardware sizes and had to go to the hardware store to grab some stainless pieces. Just a heads up if you don't have a Rubi.

mountainneer 05-20-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennyksu (Post 3774426)
I'm with Cricket. I did mine with bedlined so when I slide on them I can touch it up. Bedliner hides scars pretty well. I love my PS Rocker Knockers, they are solid. My only complaint was the missing hardware for mounting into the pre-threaded body tub holes. The instructions tell you to reuse the hardware from your Rubi rail take-offs, but I have a Sport. When I called PS they didn't offer any help. Found a post online for hardware sizes and had to go to the hardware store to grab some stainless pieces. Just a heads up if you don't have a Rubi.

What size bolts did you have to get. I sold my factory steps and bolts. I figured the bolts were included. Thanks for the heads up.

DCR-13JK 05-25-2013 04:12 PM

I've got the Sahara rails/step bar on mine. Will those bolts be the same?

mountainneer 05-26-2013 10:01 AM

They should be the same bolts.

mountainneer 06-07-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennyksu (Post 3774426)
My only complaint was the missing hardware for mounting into the pre-threaded body tub holes. The instructions tell you to reuse the hardware from your Rubi rail take-offs, but I have a Sport. When I called PS they didn't offer any help.

When I call Poison Spider, I spoke to the Tech Guy who was extremely helpful. The bolt size is M8-1.25X30 and you will need (2). Picked some stainless bolts up at Lowes for a couple bucks.

mountainneer 06-07-2013 09:29 AM

Heres some pics...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.