Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Rampage windows (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/rampage-windows-243526.html)

Patrick H 05-18-2013 07:41 PM

Rampage windows

Anyone running the Rampage frameless- are your windows blurry? All of my Bestop windows were crystal clear, but these Rampage windows are pretty blurry...

XwXCHADWICKYXwX 05-19-2013 03:36 PM

Just put my rampage top on a couple days ago and I don't think they're blurry. They make everything dark cuz they're tinted but not blurry

CoyoteOn2 05-19-2013 04:25 PM

Sail Cloth, Tinted and Crystal Clear ► WORD OF CAUTION → NEVER use any Window cleaner that contains Alcohol, ie windex and the like. Only clean with a NON-DETERGENT dish soap like Ivory, NOT DAWN. Use a UV PROTECTANT like 303 protectant or RAGG TOPP, both on the Top as well as the Windows.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...2/IMG_1182.jpg

Installed Jan. of twenty twelve, 16 Months NEW, Photo taken two weeks ago. ☺

Patrick H 05-19-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoyoteOn2 (Post 3771719)
Sail Cloth, Tinted and Crystal Clear ► WORD OF CAUTION → NEVER use any Window cleaner that contains Alcohol, ie windex and the like. Only clean with a NON-DETERGENT dish soap like Ivory, NOT DAWN. Use a UV PROTECTANT like 303 protectant or RAGG TOPP, both on the Top as well as the Windows.

Installed Jan. of twenty twelve, 16 Months NEW, Photo taken two weeks ago. ☺

Thanks, but this does not pertain or relate to my issue in any way. I've been using soft tops for about 16 or 17 years.

Patrick H 05-19-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XwXCHADWICKYXwX (Post 3771592)
Just put my rampage top on a couple days ago and I don't think they're blurry. They make everything dark cuz they're tinted but not blurry

The surface of the plastic windows is distorted. I took pics to send to Rampage, but they really don't show it.

CoyoteOn2 05-19-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick H (Post 3771745)
Thanks, but this does not pertain or relate to my issue in any way. I've been using soft tops for about 16 or 17 years.

Excuse me, YOU tell us then :rofl:. The Sun will rise in the Morning regardless. But you already knew that as well.:surrender:

Patrick H 05-20-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoyoteOn2 (Post 3773028)
Excuse me, YOU tell us then :rofl:. The Sun will rise in the Morning regardless. But you already knew that as well.:surrender:

Wow, didn't mean to offend you. I'm just saying that care and cleaning of the windows has nothing to do with them being distorted right out of the box.

janosko9424 05-20-2013 07:42 AM

What kind of distortion are you seeing? My back window is distorted alittle but that's from the bend the window has near the top of the window when it gets close to the actual soft top. Other than that I'd say the side windows are pretty clear, but sometimes it looks like it has little waves in it. I've never had tinted soft windows before so I thought it might be from that

Patrick H 05-20-2013 07:47 AM

The whole surface of all three windows is distorted, like there's very small ripples on the surface. It's even and uniform. Almost like the windows were very soft when they were packed or something. I wish the pictures would show it better. Looking through them, it looks blurry, or fuzzy. I'll try to get better pics. Not that it matters I guess. I'm hoping to talk to Rampage CS today. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem. One guy on JF said his are like this as well.

callbob 05-20-2013 08:14 AM

It's all the nuclear fallout where you live Pat:rofl:

reicharte13 05-20-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick H (Post 3769504)
Anyone running the Rampage frameless- are your windows blurry? All of my Bestop windows were crystal clear, but these Rampage windows are pretty blurry...

I've had it for almost a year, when they get dirty I just use http://www.quadratec.com/products/91083_1103.htm the window cleaner from the kit and they look just like out of the box

DBoat 05-20-2013 11:28 AM

my windows are still in the box and will probably be there until Fall at this point. but now that you have said this, I guess I need to get them out and take a gander at them to see if they are clear or not.

Neltronic 05-20-2013 11:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick H (Post 3773838)
The whole surface of all three windows is distorted, like there's very small ripples on the surface. It's even and uniform. Almost like the windows were very soft when they were packed or something. I wish the pictures would show it better. Looking through them, it looks blurry, or fuzzy. I'll try to get better pics. Not that it matters I guess. I'm hoping to talk to Rampage CS today. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem. One guy on JF said his are like this as well.

Mine are like this as well. I know exactly what you are talking about. Thought it was just from shipping and would go away after a while but its still there after months of use.

Attachment 251518