Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Rock Crawling lights (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/rock-crawling-lights-243550.html)

adamfitz 05-18-2013 09:38 PM

Rock Crawling lights
 
Hey I've seen some gnarly set ups of rock crawling lights. I've seen floodlights underneath as well as cool strobe led stuff. If you guys have any set ups you'd like to share as well and share how you did it thatd be sweet. I'm trying to learn the ways of the jeep cause to be honest I'm still a little clueless.

adamfitz 05-19-2013 03:01 PM

Bump

sinbob 05-19-2013 03:11 PM

5050SMD Super Bright White Flexible LED Light Strip 16 Ft Reel without Power Supply

This is what I am going to do along my frame rail.

Don't worry about being clueless....we have all been there and done that.

Tanks 05-19-2013 03:21 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I used Wurton LED pods and fabbed brackets for them that bolted into existing locations. Used 4 of them total. Seemed to work nicely.


Attachment 251005

Attachment 251006

Over the front tires.

Attachment 251010

Mid jeep

Attachment 251012

adamfitz 05-19-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanks (Post 3771556)
I used Wurton LED pods and fabbed brackets for them that bolted into existing locations. Used 4 of them total. Seemed to work nicely.

Over the front tires.

Mid jeep

How did you wire them?

Tanks 05-19-2013 04:18 PM

I ran a harness in a splitloom for my bumper a while ago along the right side inside the frame rail and there is a factory harness on the left. Then up front just ducked it into the turn signal lights and ran it all back to one terminal on my SPOD.

adamfitz 05-19-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanks (Post 3771704)
I ran a harness in a splitloom for my bumper a while ago along the right side inside the frame rail and there is a factory harness on the left. Then up front just ducked it into the turn signal lights and ran it all back to one terminal on my SPOD.

:lol don't understand that at all. Thank you though!

Tanks 05-19-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamfitz (Post 3771706)

:lol don't understand that at all. Thank you though!

Ah. I'm sorry! Just that I put the wires in that plastic tubing and ran them all to a box under the hood that lets me turn them on and off.

adamfitz 05-19-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanks (Post 3771791)

Ah. I'm sorry! Just that I put the wires in that plastic tubing and ran them all to a box under the hood that lets me turn them on and off.

Oh I see now! Haha did you wore a switch to the dash?

Tanks 05-19-2013 06:44 PM

I have this.


http://www.4x4spod.com/mobile/default.aspx#P41527

So in answer to the question, yes.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.