Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Wrangler unchange to 2016 (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/wrangler-unchange-to-2016-a-243561.html)

slow2run 05-18-2013 11:09 PM

Wrangler unchange to 2016
 
At allpar.com under 2014 models. Wrangler carries on essentially unchanged until the summer 2016, when it comes out in three different redesigned forms. This is odd, do you buy now or wait until the summer of 2016, when you can get an all new wrangler design?:facepalm:

Z-TJ 05-18-2013 11:13 PM

Buy now

Old Dogger 05-18-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slow2run (Post 3770034)
At allpar.com under 2014 models. Wrangler carries on essentially unchanged until the summer 2016, when it comes out in three different redesigned forms. This is odd, do you buy now or wait until the summer of 2016, when you can get an all new wrangler design?:facepalm:

In life, if you wait, then you wait forever!
Keep in mind that change and new technology is not always better.;)

gsn 05-18-2013 11:26 PM

2016 is three years from now, 1095 days. That's 3.8% of the average life expectancy in the US.

Too much time wasted waiting up for something, bweeehkeke.

Madden 05-19-2013 12:03 AM

I think I've had enough "hope and change" lately so I'd buy now, but that's just me

pepatrick 05-19-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madden (Post 3770124)
I think I've had enough "hope and change" lately so I'd buy now, but that's just me

I have to agree with that...

st1264 05-19-2013 12:55 AM

Buy now and enjoy the summer... life is short, have fun!

RKracing 05-19-2013 01:01 AM

I'm still partying like it's 1999 :blunt:

jkmohican 05-19-2013 01:10 AM

Wait...why are you so set on just getting one? Wranglers are only good in pairs. Get one now, get one in 2016, and get another one and ship it to Me while your at it. Problem solved.

jadmt 05-19-2013 07:57 AM

I would wait......of course I have a 2013 so it only makes sense lol. I hope they come out with a stripped down version smaller retro version.

Osage Orange 05-19-2013 08:35 AM

Buy now, trade later. Negotiate a fair price, shop for a good interest rate, and put plenty down or just pay cash all together. Live the dream now and be in a comfortable position to get the next great Wrangler!

legitposter 05-19-2013 09:10 AM

No wrangler redesign until 2016? That's good news since I just bought my '13.

nycenglish 05-19-2013 09:10 AM

Definitely buy now - they may screw it up in 2016 and you'll be kicking yourself for missing out on 3 years of Jeep fun.

panthermark 05-19-2013 09:52 AM

You don't want a first year model anyway. Which means buying in 2017....

Just buy now...and in 5 or 6 years, trade it in

Trek7.2FX 05-19-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadmt (Post 3770463)
I hope they come out with a stripped down version smaller retro version.

This^

traitor08 05-19-2013 10:20 AM

I bought now. The 13 is a great jeep. I got a dozer and billet. I would have liked to have seen plum crazy on a jeep but I am glad to have my dozer.

tomthbomb 05-19-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panthermark (Post 3770722)
You don't want a first year model anyway. Which means buying in 2017....

Just buy now...and in 5 or 6 years, trade it in

I have a 2007 that has had zero issues. I am getting a 2016 for sure.

tim sommers 05-19-2013 10:42 AM

I am waiting for a plum crazy confirmed color. Is this going to happen?

TOK 05-19-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panthermark (Post 3770722)
You don't want a first year model anyway. Which means buying in 2017....

Just buy now...and in 5 or 6 years, trade it in

I came here to say this.

Someone in my family bought a Pentastar Charger, which I drove and fell in love with that V6. I came *this* close to buying an early 2012 JK, so glad I waited. I think it'd be at least late 2017 before I even considered the next version.

GeckoJK 05-19-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsn (Post 3770068)
2016 is three years from now, 1095 days. That's 3.8% of the average life expectancy in the US.

Too much time wasted waiting up for something, bweeehkeke.

Exactly! Newer isn't always better anyways. I would rather have a brand new 2001 XJ than a 2014 Cherokee.

Legomyjeep 05-19-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmohican (Post 3770220)
Wait...why are you so set on just getting one? Wranglers are only good in pairs. Get one now, get one in 2016, and get another one and ship it to Me while your at it. Problem solved.

Now I like the way u think. I love my 09...before I got her my plan was to let my son have her when he got older and buy a new for me. I ain't giving her up...no way! He now wants a CJ and Ive become obsessed with JEEPS. So now I want mine as my dd and mudding, trails, etc. Then I want to build a mudder...get my sons CJ to build, my daughter wants a JEEP....there's a good chance we may end up many JEEPS, lol.

aypanthony 05-19-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeckoJK (Post 3770888)
Exactly! Newer isn't always better anyways. I would rather have a brand new 2001 XJ than a 2014 Cherokee.

See, now you are just scaring me. I think 2016 will be the start of the "trail rated" IFS Wrangler.

Silver Billet 05-19-2013 11:17 AM

I'm buying now then maybe trade in 2016 I never buy the new MY .. too may problems...

Lbear 05-19-2013 11:37 AM

What they all said. Plus in 2016 there will be the same question all over again about the next model years. Buy and enjoy one now and then see what comes. If 2016 floats your boat at that time wait for it to be de-bugged and then trade. Life is too short. Carpe Jeepem (seize the Jeep). :punk:

Hokieneer 05-19-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aypanthony (Post 3770926)

See, now you are just scaring me. I think 2016 will be the start of the "trail rated" IFS Wrangler.

From the rumors I have seen don't worry about that for the next generation, from the stuff I have read think cj to yj kinds of changes with a diesel and a truck option and possibly factory bedlined!

m998dna 05-19-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeckoJK (Post 3770888)
Exactly! Newer isn't always better anyways. I would rather have a brand new 2001 XJ than a 2014 Cherokee.

Right on!

I have a 1991 Cherokee ... 50th Anniversary. Original owner..

.

GonzoBobH 05-19-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madden (Post 3770124)
I think I've had enough "hope and change" lately so I'd buy now, but that's just me

Worked that in, did you, haha. I see the flag you are flying, sir -- and it's about as related to jeeps as this post.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...psacda568a.png

Cheers,

BobH

JackedUpMedic 05-19-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slow2run (Post 3770034)
At allpar.com under 2014 models. Wrangler carries on essentially unchanged until the summer 2016, when it comes out in three different redesigned forms. This is odd, do you buy now or wait until the summer of 2016, when you can get an all new wrangler design?:facepalm:

Buy now or when it comes to 2016 you'll be waiting for the 2017 model...etc....etc...

Besides who here is promised to live till 2016?

jadmt 05-19-2013 01:02 PM

rumor has it the 2016's will be imported from China. Hope and change baby.

Lbear 05-19-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadmt (Post 3771204)
rumor has it the 2016's will be imported from China. Hope and change baby.

You haven't been listening to Marchione. Production of the iconic Jeep in China for export to the US us about as likely as the government coming to take our guns. :rofl: You decide.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 AM.