Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Xbox one (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/xbox-one-244138.html)

mikemounlio 05-21-2013 02:29 PM

Xbox one

Just watched the reveal of the next gen xbox and i have to say at this point it looks like the PS4 is gonna be a thing of the past before it even comes out.

Which one if any will you spend your money on?

BigManAndy 05-21-2013 03:46 PM

Need to know what they cost!!!! They always hold out on the most important part.

Madden 05-21-2013 03:57 PM

Graphically it looks unimpressive but that's expected on a console, and the fact that the leap in technology only improves minor things. If it can run native 1080p with 60fps then I'll be happy.

mikemounlio 05-21-2013 03:58 PM

That is very true. For me i dont really care about the price. I find a way. I would guess they are gonna be kinda high tho. I will be picking up two.

One for me the other to sale the day before the holiday to offset the price of mine. Cause you know some sorry dad out there will pay anything just to make his kid happy. I plan to be there to help him out while being helpped out myself.

ESP 05-21-2013 03:59 PM

I don't get the design of it. It will get hammered from a cosmetic standpoint in the upcoming days, months, years probably. In addition, it looks like it's two machines glued together with different body styles from the front. Having said that, I've owned both previous xboxes and plan to get this one. :)

Oh..I'm glad it comes with a connect this time but I don't want to talk to my tv.

dawhitesJKU 05-21-2013 03:59 PM

i've had atari, nintendo, sega genesis, neo geo, super nintendo, playstation 1-3, dreamcast, 360, and it seems like i'm gonna add this to my resume even though its gonna cost a lot. gonna start saving up now.

mikemounlio 05-21-2013 04:11 PM

Look at the graphics of the xbox 360 of today and from the launch date. The graphics will get better with time. I can type but not fast or with ease so i will never be a PC gamer. I never compare PC to console because i simply dont care about PC. To a guy like me the xbox one and the PS4 look great.

I would say its still early but it looks like my money will go to the xbox yet again.

dawhitesJKU 05-21-2013 04:13 PM

I hope they offer free Xbox live.

Madden 05-21-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawhitesJKU (Post 3778755)
i've had atari, nintendo, sega genesis, neo geo, super nintendo, playstation 1-3, dreamcast, 360, and it seems like i'm gonna add this to my resume even though its gonna cost a lot. gonna start saving up now.

I've had, well just about everything :dance: I've got both the 360 and PS3 too. http://i.imgur.com/mYDAZVr.jpg

mikemounlio 05-21-2013 04:18 PM

I dont like the looks of it as far as a game console goes but it matches their idea. ONE box to do it all. Gamers wont care once its on and to all the other people that are gonna buy it it does not look like some game thingy. It looks as if it belongs on a tv stand in each and every house.

JerryOnly 06-12-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemounlio (Post 3778495)
Just watched the reveal of the next gen xbox and i have to say at this point it looks like the PS4 is gonna be a thing of the past before it even comes out.

I disagree. Required 24 hr check ins online to even play games, no borrowing friends games or even game fly without a fee, required hard drive install....???? No thank you I have been a very loyal Xbox fan since the original but Microsoft screwed the pooch on this on I already have my ps4 preordered

DFW6ER 06-12-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryOnly (Post 3852400)
I disagree. Required 24 hr check ins online to even play games, no borrowing friends games or even game fly without a fee, required hard drive install....???? No thank you I have been a very loyal Xbox fan since the original but Microsoft screwed the pooch on this on I already have my ps4 preordered

This. Microsoft screwed themselves and Sony seized the opportunity to clearly differentiate their product from MS.

JerryOnly 06-12-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFW6ER (Post 3852481)

This. Microsoft screwed themselves and Sony seized the opportunity to clearly differentiate their product from MS.

I really wanted to want the Xbox as my gamer tag carries over and achievements......PS4 seems like the smarter choice for me and a slightly better system. I'm rather disappointed Microsoft screwed this one up.

commodore_dude 06-12-2013 02:19 PM

I went from a PS2 to a 360 because to me the PS3 was very underwhelming between the online experience, lack of interesting games and lack of backwards compatibility by the time I was ready to get into the current gen. I haven't seen enough games announced to make me definitely want to buy either of the new consoles, but if I get one it'll be the PS4. I'm not going to pay for the crap MS wants to institute.

JerryOnly 06-12-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commodore_dude (Post 3853310)
I went from a PS2 to a 360 because to me the PS3 was very underwhelming between the online experience, lack of interesting games and lack of backwards compatibility by the time I was ready to get into the current gen. I haven't seen enough games announced to make me definitely want to buy either of the new consoles, but if I get one it'll be the PS4. I'm not going to pay for the crap MS wants to institute.

Just hoping BF4 I a launch title and I will be a happy camper. As well as a Nov launch for ps4

DFW6ER 06-12-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commodore_dude (Post 3853310)

I think what will happen if MS loses tons of business to Sony is they'll drop all these ridiculous requirements and let people used rented/used games. They won't have any choice. OTOH, if the business model works, Sony will adopt it in the future with their future consoles.

JerryOnly 06-12-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFW6ER (Post 3853468)

I think what will happen if MS loses tons of business to Sony is they'll drop all these ridiculous requirements and let people used rented/used games. They won't have any choice. OTOH, if the business model works, Sony will adopt it in the future with their future consoles.

Thing is my preorder and choice was made due to their bad decisions an went with ps4. If the backpedal and drop that stuff (which I doubt they will do) my choice (as premature as it may be) is my choice. Most of my friends have switched over too and they were loyal Xbox 360 fans.

Wranglin4Life 06-12-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFW6ER (Post 3853468)

What kind of "requirements" are you guys talking about?

JerryOnly 06-12-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wranglin4Life (Post 3853930)

What kind of "requirements" are you guys talking about?

Mandatory game Install, used game Fees or DRM, Mandatory 24 hr online "check ins" to even play solo campaigns (if your Internet goes down you have a $500 brick)

CoreyZ 06-13-2013 12:37 PM

I had to laugh at the OP's first post....

The reveal for MS was weak, especially since they chose to ignore the problems raised by the community in their questions.
Sony straight beat them down like a red-headed step child.
Now independant developers are saying the PS4 has a 50% better performance thanks to the faster GDDR5 RAM and the fact that MS is using some of the 8 cores of the cpu exclusively for the DVR/TV/Kinect features so they have fewer cores available for games.

CoreyZ 06-13-2013 12:38 PM

Im putting in my pre-order for the PS4 today. BF4 will be a launch title even though the PC/PS3/XB360 get them first since the next gen isnt launched by the release date of BF4.

Picking up AC4, BF4, Watch Dogs and will soon get The Division and Infamous.

Tweak 06-13-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemounlio (Post 3778495)

want to give me one reason why you would choose the xbox over the ps4?

ah I see, op made the post before the PS4 announcement. as of now its looking like this generation will go to sony.

CoreyZ 06-13-2013 08:04 PM

Yeah... After the announcement he ate a nice helping of crow

JerryOnly 06-13-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoreyZ (Post 3857007)
Im putting in my pre-order for the PS4 today. BF4 will be a launch title even though the PC/PS3/XB360 get them first since the next gen isnt launched by the release date of BF4.

Picking up AC4, BF4, Watch Dogs and will soon get The Division and Infamous.

When you do lemme get your gamer tag a few of my friends are Xbox fanboys I guess and can't see how the ps4 is just a better system ima need some BF4 buddies as I also boycott all activision COD......wow I sound like a whiny B!tch nerd lol

Cascadian 06-13-2013 10:15 PM

I've been an avid supporter of Xbox since the original, but Microsoft overplayed their hand and I'm getting neither system at launch. I'll see how things play out and may pick up one of the two later, but I'm so disappointed with the direction of the gaming industry that this life long gamer may retire. Thank goodness my Jeep is my favorite hobby now and the only one I've been making time for lately anyway.

JerryOnly 07-23-2013 04:18 PM

Actually jumped back on the Xbox one train

GladiatorMMA 07-23-2013 04:35 PM

I have both the x-box and PS3, but I won't be getting an x-box one because of all the online requirements etc. I don't want to have to be online to play a game I've paid for and I don't like the idea of the camera scanning the room all the time seeing who is there in order to login players in the room. It's friggen creepy.

GladiatorMMA 07-23-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madden (Post 3778808)
I've had, well just about everything :dance: I've got both the 360 and PS3 too. http://i.imgur.com/mYDAZVr.jpg

Xanadu!!! :eek: :appl:

Teague242 07-23-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GladiatorMMA (Post 3994742)

Xanadu!!! :eek: :appl:

Ocarina of time! Greatest game ever. So revolutionary!

lolpetewtf 07-24-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawhitesJKU (Post 3778802)
I hope they offer free Xbox live.

Not a chance.