Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Happy to be in the Jeep comunity! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/happy-to-be-in-the-jeep-comunity-244140.html)

Meach 05-21-2013 01:37 PM

Happy to be in the Jeep comunity!
 
I recently became a jeep owner and quickly found out about most jeep owners are good people. I never knew about the wave when another fellow Jeeper past by, but was waving and returning hellos within the first week. There is not a wrangler that goes by me without my friendly gesture of a peace sign or wave. I really enjoy knowing that if I broke down or have trouble one of my fellow Jeepers will lend a hand and I would do the same! That being said; there are some Jeep owners that don't participate in the fellowship that has been going on for years. Has anyone else ran into these people? I would love to pull them over and tell them to sell the Jeep and get a mustang GT so they can be rude with all the others....

LadyLetty 05-21-2013 02:15 PM

I just bought mu first last week. The wave makes me feel welcome! My hubs has a LJ so I knew about the wave. It amazes me I get more then him! I have ran across a lot of people that won't return the gesture, makes me wonder why they bothered buying a Jeep!

Senior Chief 05-21-2013 02:51 PM

Welcome ... :wavey:

dawhitesJKU 05-21-2013 03:17 PM

I have "selective waving". You'll know who to Wave to after a while.

Steeljag 05-21-2013 03:25 PM

Welcome!

Throw up a hand! For those who don't, they just don't know or are simply Richards!

4angrysquirrels 05-21-2013 03:47 PM

welcome:wavey:

Meach 05-21-2013 04:54 PM

Don't get me wrong. I'm not hanging out the window or expecting someone to go out of their way. I'm talking coming within direct eye contact someone and they look at you like you have three heads?

4angrysquirrels 05-21-2013 05:14 PM

..our Duty to bring the new jeepers along...

Beastmaster 05-21-2013 08:07 PM

Welcome to the forum! :wavey:

_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

LadyLetty 05-21-2013 08:30 PM

I totally missed a wave earlier, I feel so bad!

jkmohican 05-21-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyLetty (Post 3779810)
I totally missed a wave earlier, I feel so bad!

When ever I miss one, I just swerve my jeep aggressively to the left, so at least they realized I saw them and i am mad that I didn't wave.

Meach 05-22-2013 04:50 PM

Ha! I will b forever wavey!!! So if you are ever driving in Palm Beach County; expect the wave... Unless you have an Obama Sticker; then you might get another gesture!!!

LadyLetty 05-22-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meach (Post 3782817)
Ha! I will b forever wavey!!! So if you are ever driving in Palm Beach County; expect the wave... Unless you have an Obama Sticker; then you might get another gesture!!!

LOL! I totally agree with that!

Meach 05-28-2013 08:29 AM

Ok! I recently got the rules on the waving edict. There is a higharchy in the Jeep world and it starts with what year jeep you own. For instance; if you own a pre CJ, that deserves respect and of course the wave first. And there are sub categories that give your Jeep points as well. I won't get into to all of that! I know now if you own a JK with no modifications and washed and waxed you better put your hand up first and keep it up until returned or ignored...

Anaconda 05-28-2013 08:38 AM

:wavey:

1jeeplvr 06-01-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meach (Post 3778517)
I recently became a jeep owner and quickly found out about most jeep owners are good people. I never knew about the wave when another fellow Jeeper past by, but was waving and returning hellos within the first week. There is not a wrangler that goes by me without my friendly gesture of a peace sign or wave. I really enjoy knowing that if I broke down or have trouble one of my fellow Jeepers will lend a hand and I would do the same! That being said; there are some Jeep owners that don't participate in the fellowship that has been going on for years. Has anyone else ran into these people? I would love to pull them over and tell them to sell the Jeep and get a mustang GT so they can be rude with all the others....

HEY ???? I have a Mustang GT???!! Anyway I know what you mean.It seems the Mustang croud is on an ego trip,a my car is faster than yours kind of thing.

Meach 06-02-2013 08:38 AM

I had a mustang GT and know the majority of the crowd was more worried about everyone else's car more than their own. I got tired of driving to work and being tried everyday. I modded out mine from the inside out and was pretty fast for a commuter and daily driver. My best time was 12.34 cuz I could not hook at the line. No disrespect to you, but most GT owners in my area are douchbags. I like the jeep community, but there are some of them here too. They are so cool building a full blown rock climber down here in south Florida. Good job people. I love those big tires and very expensive rims that have never been out of the city! Keep them clean and armor all on!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 PM.