Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Which side of the aisle are you supporting? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/which-side-of-the-aisle-are-you-supporting-244357.html)

Miser 05-22-2013 12:00 PM

Which side of the aisle are you supporting?
 
Let's see which side of the aisle you are on. Far Left Liberal, Liberal, In the middle, Conservative, Far right Conservative.
You can also add example: In in the middle, but lean to the left, or right.

Whether you love Obama, or hate him is not the question here!!!

Please answer the question, without any further comments and let's respect each other right to pick and choose a side. This is why it is called a Democracy!!! :popcorn:

I am a Conservation, but lean toward the middle!;)

RevCo666 05-22-2013 12:12 PM

Good luck with answers without comments, btw here's a quote from the forum wrangler rules before this goes on:

• Fair warning; discussions about politics and religion are likely to be closed or removed if they turn into flame fests.

whetstone 05-22-2013 12:17 PM

Neither. Most of our troubles would go away in a short time if we did away with the 2 party power establishment. Your question is like asking would you rather be raped by a hippo or a rhino...

schnutzy 05-22-2013 12:22 PM

:popcorn:

Miser 05-22-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevCo666 (Post 3781937)
Good luck with answers without comments, btw here's a quote from the forum wrangler rules before this goes on:

Fair warning; discussions about politics and religion are likely to be closed or removed if they turn into flame fests.

I have asked this question on 6 other Forums and never had a issue!
Most are adult's and respect each other..........;)

nick50471 05-22-2013 12:34 PM

I am a bleeding heart liberal.
I would rather get raped by a hippo.
Hi Derek.

Anaconda 05-22-2013 12:36 PM

As a person I'm conservative and know how to handle my own money.

Because of that I hardly support either party anymore. I find that a politician is a politician no matter what lable you put on him/her. There doesn't seem to be much of a difference anymore.

Mainly vote republican, but that depends on the person. They don't get my vote so easily anymore.

As far as obammy, **edit** that wasn't the question so I struck my own answer from the record. Yes, I'm an attorney.

Old Dogger 05-22-2013 12:39 PM

Farthest right Conservative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whetstone 05-22-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dogger (Post 3782035)
Farthest right Conservative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Out of curiosity, do you find that the republicans represent you well?

Old Dogger 05-22-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevCo666 (Post 3781937)
Good luck with answers without comments, btw here's a quote from the forum wrangler rules before this goes on:

Fair warning; discussions are likely to be closed or removed if they turn into flame fests.

I'm sure that this applies to any and all threads on all Forums and it should!;)

Old Dogger 05-22-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whetstone (Post 3782044)
Out of curiosity, do you find that the republicans represent you well?

I will give you a honest answer and it is NO. Most of them that I know are more Conservatives leaning toward the middle. We all have a right to choose where we are parked on this subject and I for one respect everybody's Democracy right, where ever it may be!
Ironically, one of my best friends that I go on runs with is a Far left Liberal! That doesn't make him a bad person, but one that is entitled to his opinion. We kid each other about it all of the time!

scipio337 05-22-2013 12:53 PM

I wish I could lie and say "I'm in the middle!", but I'm somewhere to the right of Attila the Hun.

Which means, of course, that I can't vote for either major party in the US. ;)

schnutzy 05-22-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick50471 (Post 3782011)
I am a bleeding heart liberal.
I would rather get raped by a hippo.
Hi Derek.

:rofl:
thank you nick, i just shot gatorade out of my nose

KCs02 jeep 05-22-2013 01:13 PM

Dem in the middle

Speedy4x4 05-22-2013 01:22 PM

50% of each... Both are wrong for me but it is what it is

Senior Chief 05-22-2013 01:25 PM

Personally, I'm disgusted with what passes itself off as our governing body in DC. I'd rather be governed by 535 people randomly picked from the phone book...

Rubi513 05-22-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whetstone (Post 3781953)
Neither. Most of our troubles would go away in a short time if we did away with the 2 party power establishment. Your question is like asking would you rather be raped by a hippo or a rhino...

Winner!

I have conservative values, but I don't think republicans have those values any more. So when voting I choose the less of the evils which usually for me ends up being a republican.

tabber02 05-22-2013 01:35 PM

:deadhorse:

BlueRidgeYJ 05-22-2013 07:53 PM

If you ask me, I am an independent with fundamental beliefs similar to Jefferson and Franklin. So I can't really support either side of our current isle.

My brother says I am either so far Right, I am in fact left, or am so far Left I am in fact Right. Lol. But he was educated at a fancy university, so his spectrum has ends.

According to the wheel theory, I am closest to a Constitutional Libertarian. So I'll go with that, final answer. :)

Attachment 252446

Chris M 05-22-2013 10:01 PM

I fall into the middle of the road category. I support a lot of conservative causes, but have no issues with some liberal causes and actually support some of them. I'm more in line with live and let live. In many cases, if it isn't hurting me or anyone else, then why is it an issue? I could go on and on, but will respect the OPs request to refrain from commentary.

TheDesertOutlaw 05-22-2013 10:43 PM

I consider myself middle of the road. But, when I talk with friends about real issues, you would immediately align me with a "Liberal."

Carlsbad0331 05-23-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senior Chief (Post 3782176)
Personally, I'm disgusted with what passes itself off as our governing body in DC. I'd rather be governed by 535 people randomly picked from the phone book...

I couldnt possibly agree more...

BlueRidgeYJ 05-23-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlsbad0331 (Post 3786971)

I couldnt possibly agree more...

You'd certainly get a better repesentation of the population than what we currently have.

NC Bear 05-24-2013 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueRidgeYJ (Post 3787067)
You'd certainly get a better repesentation of the population than what we currently have.


ain't that the darn truth.

Nowadays the only difference in the 2 parties is how you spell the names.

dadrunamok 05-24-2013 07:10 AM

In most (but not all) things, I am conservative. However, as has been said above, I am pretty fed up with everybody in Washington. I typically vote Republican, but only because they seem more "hands-off" than the Dems.

G54 05-24-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueRidgeYJ (Post 3783421)
If you ask me, I am an independent with fundamental beliefs similar to Jefferson and Franklin. So I can't really support either side of our current isle.

My brother says I am either so far Right, I am in fact left, or am so far Left I am in fact Right. Lol. But he was educated at a fancy university, so his spectrum has ends.

According to the wheel theory, I am closest to a Constitutional Libertarian. So I'll go with that, final answer. :)

Exactly what I was gonna say...except the brother part, I dont have a brother.

And to the OP, remember this is NOT a democracy, it's a Constitutional Republic...or at least it's supposed to be.

R4D4R 05-24-2013 07:31 AM

I find that my beliefs are contradicted by both parties, so I have a hard time putting my vote down for either
I am a fiscal conservative; I want a smaller government to stop propping up so many special interests
I am a social liberal; let the gays marry and the women be pro choice
I like guns; guns dont kill people all by themselves, why restrict what I can buy because of a few rotten eggs spoiling it for the rest of us
I want religion out of my government. Some of us dont believe in Jesus, so dont govern that way
I like scientific and engineering advances like exploring outer space, alternative energy sources and stem cells

So half of what I like one side of the "aisle" will vote for and the other stuff will come from another guy
Good luck finding a Democratic candidate for any office that will make common sense gun laws
And Ill be damned if I can find a Republican candidate that is for stem cell research and doesnt care who sleeps with who

SpoiledRotten 05-24-2013 08:21 AM

Just remember that those who straddle the fence get nothing but splinters in their crotch.

I'm a leaner to the right. I'm tired of big government trying to take all of my money, give it to the non-working class and then tell me what I can do.

KC_Hawker 05-24-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R4D4R (Post 3788325)
I find that my beliefs are contradicted by both parties, so I have a hard time putting my vote down for either
I am a fiscal conservative; I want a smaller government to stop propping up so many special interests
I am a social liberal; let the gays marry and the women be pro choice
I like guns; guns dont kill people all by themselves, why restrict what I can buy because of a few rotten eggs spoiling it for the rest of us
I want religion out of my government. Some of us dont believe in Jesus, so dont govern that way
I like scientific and engineering advances like exploring outer space, alternative energy sources and stem cells

So half of what I like one side of the "aisle" will vote for and the other stuff will come from another guy
Good luck finding a Democratic candidate for any office that will make common sense gun laws
And Ill be damned if I can find a Republican candidate that is for stem cell research and doesnt care who sleeps with who

I am kinda the exact opposite of you in a few things.

I consider myself a fiscal liberal. I believe in a living wage for working people and believe unions did a lot of good for America. I have no problem with job programs to rebuild America and like Keynesian economics. But make a flat tax. Same % for everyone and that includes businesses, investors, trust funders. If you have income, you pay the same rate.

I am a social conservative. I want government out of marriage, but let them do civil unions for everyone. Let marriage be a religious ceremony as I believe it always had been. I also pro life but not militant about it.

I am religious and think this country was a better place when people had a healthy respect for a higher power. Less mass shootings, less deranged people doing harm to others simply because they believe its their right to not respect any others.

I am 100% pro gun and support the original intent of the constitution on that topic. Since most gun deaths occur in high population areas, let's outlaw cities over a certain size :-) make everyone leave NY and CA.

I would like a smaller govt as well. We should stop being the policemen of the world. The world doesn't like it when we do and I don't want to pay for it. Carry a big stick and keep enough military to defend us, but stop using it as a jobs program. If we can pay to rebuild the countries we bomb, we can stop doing that and rebuild our own infrastructure so our country doesn't continue to crumble.

Cut out the funding for things like obscene art and such. Keep the science and engineering advances and explore space again.

I really don't fit any normal category....

fan of fanboys 05-24-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miser (Post 3782006)

I have asked this question on 6 other Forums and never had a issue!
Most are adult's and respect each other..........;)

That's not reflective of this forum though


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 AM.