Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   JK 2door Rear Window Storage Bag (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/jk-2door-rear-window-storage-bag-244436.html)

CharlieChuck 05-22-2013 06:15 PM

JK 2door Rear Window Storage Bag
 
I'm looking for a storage bag for my '13 JK rear windows. I'm only finding a smaller size that makes you fold the windows in half. With the windows having 2 hard edges, how can they fold in half? So I want a bag that these will slide right into without folding - they are about 43" long. Any ideas?

gillbot 05-22-2013 06:40 PM

Everyone says you can roll them up so that's what i'm going to try. I guess the bottom edge is pliable enough to be rolled up.

PhotoWrangler 05-22-2013 06:43 PM

http://www.quadratec.com/products/91109_110_07.htm

conwaymac 05-22-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieChuck (Post 3783037)
I'm looking for a storage bag for my '13 JK rear windows. I'm only finding a smaller size that makes you fold the windows in half. With the windows having 2 hard edges, how can they fold in half? So I want a bag that these will slide right into without folding - they are about 43" long. Any ideas?

I'm making some from large , black bath towels. Sewing 3 together so I can slip the side widows into their own spot without getting them scratched up...
Then adding a couple gromlets so I can hang on my garage wall :whistling:

CharlieChuck 05-22-2013 10:47 PM

Wow - thanks for sharing, guys!

Barmanvarn 05-22-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photowrangler (Post 3783140)

x2

Rooster76 05-23-2013 12:11 PM

CHEAPER BETTER WAY (IMO)
I did a write-up how I store mine.
LINK> Soft-Top Window Storage with Towels and a Sleeping Bag Stuff Sack
I personally like it better with towels than have something all sown together. I can easily roll the windows on my hood on the go. The front bumper tow hooks holds the bag's draw strings so it doesn't blow away. I just pull out the towels as I need them. If you roll them without towels it will create scratches unless they are super clean. With towels I have had no problems with them a bit dusty.

ROLLING
You can roll them tight and they will pop back. I have heard warnings not to ever roll the side that tucks into the door. Folding them is probably pretty safe, but I think rolling puts less stress on the hard plastic. A swim noodle cut to size would be nice for the center, but I haven't done that yet.

WARNING DON'T ROLL THE REAR WINDOW
The rear window was made to be rolled up and attached with a couple straps on the top. If you do that it will scratch up your windows pretty good. You might be able to use a beach towel when rolling to get it to work.

CharlieChuck 05-26-2013 11:24 PM

Ok - liking the towel ideas. I'm thinking I make a bag to hold the rear windows without folding them. Since I need to have the windows with me, I should be able to add some straps and hang them behind the back seat out of the way. Pull 'em out if needed.

madeinhb 05-26-2013 11:30 PM

A PVC pipe that you can hang on back of rear seat. Stack the windows with beach towels between and on top and bottom. Roll them together. Then slide into PVC and have caps on each side.

gillbot 05-27-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madeinhb (Post 3795987)
A PVC pipe that you can hang on back of rear seat. Stack the windows with beach towels between and on top and bottom. Roll them together. Then slide into PVC and have caps on each side.

Do you roll the side windows width ways or long ways? Width would roll up the part that tucks behind the door, long would roll up the seam that tucks up into the body.

Rooster76 05-27-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillbot (Post 3797233)
Do you roll the side windows width ways or long ways? Width would roll up the part that tucks behind the door, long would roll up the seam that tucks up into the body.

Long ways. Don't roll the door side or you can damage the 90 degree bend.

Rooster76 05-27-2013 01:05 PM

double post sry

Jwc 05-27-2013 01:09 PM

Good info

krawdaddy 05-27-2013 04:22 PM

I had a clover patch for my TJ but decided to make my own for my jk. I bought a few yards of felt from hobby lobby, cut to fit and sewed along the long edge. Bought some stretchy Velcro straps from Walmart to hold it all together. Cost less than $20.

I will try to find item numbers/cost and post inf/pics later if anyone is interested.

gillbot 05-27-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster76 (Post 3797269)
Long ways. Don't roll the door side or you can damage the 90 degree bend.

That's what I thought as well, but somewhere on here or another forum they suggested rolling that 90 bend. I thought it would break before it rolled myself.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 AM.