Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Delaware Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f95/)
-   -   Off-Roading idea.... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f95/off-roading-idea-245222.html)

NSDR 05-26-2013 07:00 PM

Off-Roading idea....

So this is a total stretch but it was a thought that maybe some of you from DE would also find interesting. So I live in Pike Creek and Three Little Bakers golf course has been shut down for years now. It is owned by the ONYX Group (I am pretty sure). They originally purchased the property to build houses on it. However the community petitioned and the development has been at a stand still for years. The golf course is just over grown and mainly unused. I am under the understanding that the entire plot of land was purchased for 1.2 million dollars.

I think it would be really awesome if someone were to buy this property and turn it into a 4x4 playground. It would be perfect since there aren't many places close to Delaware that you can go Off-Roading. I live right by there and would use it all the time. Who knows maybe the right person with more money and connections then myself will read this and make it happen. I personally think it would be awesome, and something that DE Wrangler owners (along with other Off-Roading enthusiasts) would kill for in DE.

This will most likely never happen. But what can I say I am a dreamer.....

Hoagie. 06-01-2013 11:55 AM

I would pay to go somewhere closer to home that i have a shorter tow if something breaks

NSDR 06-03-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoagie. (Post 3814557)
I would pay to go somewhere closer to home that i have a shorter tow if something breaks

I would pay too, and I am sure there are lots of people who feel the same way as us.

Jmess 06-03-2013 12:49 PM

I dream constantly of having somewhere I can just get in and go to wheel. With out having to worry about all the gas driving 4 hours and finding a place to camp or a hotel. It would be great to have something, well with less mud maybe.

YJeep91 06-12-2013 05:35 AM

I would! Great idea!

go8earn 06-12-2013 08:29 PM

:thumb:

MagicStallion 09-03-2013 02:01 PM

I know Eastern Shore Jeep Alliance has land they only charge $40 for basic membership and $150 for full. Those guys did a great job of setting up an 80 acre playground.
you can find their info at ESJA - Eastern Shore Jeep Association

NSDR 09-28-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicStallion (Post 4249537)
I know Eastern Shore Jeep Alliance has land they only charge $40 for basic membership and $150 for full. Those guys did a great job of setting up an 80 acre playground.
you can find their info at ESJA - Eastern Shore Jeep Association

Good stuff! Wish it was closer. But I am definitely going to look into this.

Ncarrier19 10-11-2013 12:23 PM

I know exactly where you're talking about. I've turfed it a few times lol!

sectmonster 10-25-2013 03:26 PM

I'm def diggin this one.

GSE Nick 11-09-2013 10:35 PM

Way to small and would never get approved lol. These a hand full of other places to play off the grid for the most part if your looking for a little Sunday fun and get muddy. I live right across from the course myself. I do often think about that little water hole just across from the fire station tho lol. Prolly deep and mucky. Lol