Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Any debadged Jeeps out there? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/any-debadged-jeeps-out-there-245239.html)

Bar01 05-26-2013 08:28 PM

Any debadged Jeeps out there?

Soon to be a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited owner and I'm thinking of taking off the Sport Wrangler Unlimited badge. Would it look weird to leave the Trail Rated badge on? Or should that be removed as well? I just don't want it to look awkward. Thoughts?

NeoJeep 05-26-2013 08:31 PM

Purely a matter of taste. I removed all badging except the Trail Rated badge and the Jeep emblem on the grille. Plasti-dipped them both black and it looks great on my Dozer.

Bamyrick226 05-26-2013 08:31 PM

I debadged mine and left the trail rated on. I like the way it looks. Like you'll hear a million times. It's your jeep do what you like

Jlmo 05-26-2013 08:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine is completely void of all decals and badges. Agreed with previous post, it's all about personal taste.

MichaelEdwardsDO 05-26-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jlmo (Post 3795358)
Mine is completely void of all decals and badges. Agreed with previous post, it's all about personal taste.

Did you need a heat fun or anything special to get them off?

Jlmo 05-26-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelEdwardsDO (Post 3795383)

Did you need a heat fun or anything special to get them off?

I did not use any heat. I used fishing line for removing the trail rated badge and the Jeep letters on the grill. I used goo gone to clean/remove residue.

okcscott 05-26-2013 08:57 PM

used a hair dryer and wd40 not a real good photo

http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/l...t/IMG_0280.jpg

boilermaker_yv 05-26-2013 09:39 PM

Goo-off will do the job....I left the trail rated badge and added a Punisher decal

ONETANGO 05-26-2013 09:43 PM

I took off the Sport and the Wrangler stickers and left the Trail Rated badge on. I like it.

JK-Uknowit 05-26-2013 10:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Left the badge, trashed the rest.

Attachment 254082

RKracing 05-26-2013 10:23 PM

I did take off most of my stickers.... including the famed "RUBICON" stickers.
That made a few people go nuts....LOL

Fullback40 05-26-2013 10:29 PM

Pressure washer takes the stickers off just fine. Little goo gone to finish the job and your golden

1Topp 05-27-2013 07:16 AM

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7241/7...2436607420.jpg

SETI1x 05-27-2013 09:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Removed factory lettering and added my own.

FXnut 05-27-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKracing (Post 3795795)
I did take off most of my stickers.... including the famed "RUBICON" stickers.
That made a few people go nuts....LOL

I'd rather see someone remove Rubicon stickers from a Rubicon than add Rubicon stickers to a non-Rubicon any day.:rofl:

Kudos to you for doing what you want and not listening to people.. :punk:

BTW, I wasn't a fan of the new style Rubi rims until I saw them on your ride, looks sweet!

Jaker jk 05-27-2013 09:09 AM

Usually No trail rated badge means you have a 2wd jeep , that is the first thing you can look for to tell a 2wd from a 4wd

I run no decals or badges
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...ps6ab549dc.jpg

JKPaul 05-27-2013 09:56 AM

Removed all and replaced as per below.

RKracing 05-27-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FXnut (Post 3796687)
I'd rather see someone remove Rubicon stickers from a Rubicon than add Rubicon stickers to a non-Rubicon any day.:rofl:

Kudos to you for doing what you want and not listening to people.. :punk:

BTW, I wasn't a fan of the new style Rubi rims until I saw them on your ride, looks sweet!

Thank you.

FuzzyStig 05-27-2013 10:04 AM

These jeeps look great!

legitposter 05-27-2013 10:20 AM

Dont de-badge your Jeep, OP, it's a glaring statement that you think you're too good for your own kind and that you bought a vehicle that you don't even think is in your 'high' class of taste.

Jeep and Wrangler are American icons and the current wrangler is an expensive purpose-built vehicle to be proud of. There aren't many people who can afford it that actually want it, if you know what I mean. People who can get $35k-$45k vehicles buy luxury poser names. People that spend that sort of cash on a Jeep are much more down to earth. Don't be ashamed of it.

The 'trail rated' badge is a statement in itself about the functionality of the Jeep.

To be honest... You should add badges. Since I know you won't, at least don't de-badge!

Bar01 05-27-2013 10:25 AM

I'm not ashamed at all. I would keep the Jeep on the front grill. I'm just not a fan of stickers on my vehicles.

SETI1x 05-27-2013 10:54 AM

I don't think having a Jeep logo on your Jeep means that much. People can clearly see it's an iconic piece of machinery. Personalize away.

JKPaul 05-27-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bar01 (Post 3796914)
I'm not ashamed at all. I would keep the Jeep on the front grill. I'm just not a fan of stickers on my vehicles.

I've seen the chrome Jeep on the grill as well as the trail rated badge blacked out and both do look good, I did leave and black out the badge only. You just gotta go with what you like and what suits you, not what any body else says they like because they dont matter, it's not their ride, it's yours!
Keep on Jeep'n and Love your Jeep!!
:thumb:

jklarry 05-27-2013 11:00 AM

I don't need a decal on my Jeep to tell me it's a Jeep, the Jeep it's self says Jeep so a decal is redundant. I know it's a Jeep, you know it's a Jeep, your sister knows it'w a Jeep, the guy two blocks down knows it'w a Jeep. :popcorn:

JKPaul 05-27-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SETI1x (Post 3796990)
I don't think having a Jeep logo on your Jeep means that much. People can clearly see it's an iconic piece of machinery. Personalize away.

You are spot on sir! If someone doesn't know their driving a Jeep without it saying so, well..........'nuff said!:punk:

JackedUpMedic 05-27-2013 11:56 AM

The one thing that I don't get is all the company brand names plastered all over the jeep. I mean unless you're sponsored in some way. It's just not for me, but to each their own.

Raiderfan001 05-27-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legitposter (Post 3796893)
Dont de-badge your Jeep, OP, it's a glaring statement that you think you're too good for your own kind and that you bought a vehicle that you don't even think is in your 'high' class of taste.

Jeep and Wrangler are American icons and the current wrangler is an expensive purpose-built vehicle to be proud of. There aren't many people who can afford it that actually want it, if you know what I mean. People who can get $35k-$45k vehicles buy luxury poser names. People that spend that sort of cash on a Jeep are much more down to earth. Don't be ashamed of it.

The 'trail rated' badge is a statement in itself about the functionality of the Jeep.

To be honest... You should add badges. Since I know you won't, at least don't de-badge!

And making stupid generalized statements about the simple act of removing vinyl stickers and pieces of plastic from someone's own vehicle makes you look like an idiot.

You should try caring less about what other people do with their Jeeps and assuming that debadging their Jeep makes some kind of "glaring statement" :rolleyes:

DC Dennis 05-27-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

If Chrysler was so proud of Jeep and its history, they would know there was no need to have the Jeep logo on the grille. The Jeep grille is so iconic, no nake is needed up front. The only needed Jeep name should have been stamped on the sheet metal on the sides. The trail rated badges were so the marketing folks could get away with defacing the Jeep name with POSs like the Compass. The Jeep name SHOULD be the only "trail rating" a Jeep needs.

it_felt_so_good 05-27-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

This gave me the biggest laugh this morning. Lol. Thank you.

This is a really judgmental statement. Debadging doesn't make you ashamed of anything. Some people just think it makes it look cleaner without all the badges & logos everywhere. I know plenty of people who own modified Jeeps and, "luxury loser name," vehicles at the same time. Just because someone opts for a $45,000 Mercedes-Benz ML350 over a Rubicon doesn't mean they're not down to earth.

Other Jeep drivers will always know other Jeeps when they see them on the road. But at the same time, some people could care less when they see a Jeep on the road.

OP - debadge away, :).

t.schabel 05-27-2013 03:41 PM

I just used turtle wax decal and sticker remover. Spray it on, let it sit, and start peeling away. I used an old credit card to get an edge started on the stickers. Left trail rated badge and Jeep grille emblem.

Attachment 254386

Attachment 254387