Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   CJ Pics Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f378/)
-   -   Thought y'all might like this (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f378/thought-yall-might-like-this-245343.html)

Oz82 05-27-2013 11:21 AM

Thought y'all might like this
 
Got parked at the beach on our river and heard history coming up behind me.

http://i.imgur.com/nHQ0pZZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/l5NbwSc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FkFodZ9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NNSUIyK.jpg

The driver said it was his grandfather's since the 40's, and the driver's now that his grandfather had passed a few years ago. He said the engine and trans is original.

faultymechanics 05-27-2013 01:02 PM

I think, its a cj-3....think based on the front but boy is that gorgeous. Love the classic front and the little truck bed. When Jeeps were Jeeps and men were men.

NHflannelman12JK76CJ5 05-27-2013 05:40 PM

pants tent.

Oz82 05-27-2013 07:09 PM

The driver said it was a '42. I think it's pretty cool that it's been in the family since new and is still in that condition, and that they still run it on trails.

Tarby 05-29-2013 01:40 PM

Ford GPW or Willys MB by the looks of it.

Dusty Rhodes 07-11-2013 12:03 AM

Yep, a GPW. Cant tell for sure but it looks like a Ford. Windshield has been swapped.

CJ7nvrstk 07-11-2013 10:09 AM

Nice!

harleydragon 07-11-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faultymechanics (Post 3797272)
I think, its a cj-3....think based on the front but boy is that gorgeous. Love the classic front and the little truck bed. When Jeeps were Jeeps and men were men.

it is a MB Military , built from 41-45

nyoungblood 07-11-2013 04:25 PM

That's awesome!

motorhedfred 11-12-2013 06:03 PM

< Wondering how it could have been "in the family since it was new" if it's a 1942. Unless of course he has an Uncle Sam in the family. Gotta be a CJ2 or 3 with a GPW style grille and windshield. All Jeeps 1941-1945 with that style grille were government property and went to the armed forces.

harleydragon 11-12-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhedfred (Post 6074586)
< Wondering how it could have been "in the family since it was new" if it's a 1942. Unless of course he has an Uncle Sam in the family. Gotta be a CJ2 or 3 with a GPW style grille and windshield. All Jeeps 1941-1945 with that style grille were government property and went to the armed forces.

yeah,probably had not been in the family since new.lots of government surplus has been sold over the years.I had a couple of those years ago

Onhigh 11-13-2013 05:52 AM

Old Jeep
 
That is a beauty! My Grandfather had one similar and my family sold it before I was driving but would have loved it today! Old stuff is cool!

motorhedfred 11-15-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harleydragon (Post 6074738)
yeah,probably had not been in the family since new.lots of government surplus has been sold over the years.I had a couple of those years ago

Having said that, I just watched "Patton" last night. I've never seen so many CJ2As, CJ3As and CJ3Bs in one movie...damn few MB/GPWs though. Hollywood's version of reality.

MHF

AudiSportB5S4 11-16-2013 07:35 AM

Awesome

sweetwillyswrangler 11-16-2013 10:14 PM

Sweet!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 PM.