Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Confused about connectivity group (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/confused-about-connectivity-group-245385.html)

Barnburner 05-27-2013 03:28 PM

Confused about connectivity group

I recently ordered a 2013 JKU sport S and was looking over build sheet and noticed what I thought was Connectivity pkg is actually UConnect. Didnt really know what it was at the time but thought I got it. Talked to my dealer friend and he was even a little confused but was gonna see what he could do about getting it added on, but he wasnt real hopeful.
What exactly am I not getting?
The pkg says:
-chrome leather steering wheel
- VEhicle info center
- Uconnect voice command with Bluetooth
- remote USB port
- leather wrapped steering wheel

I got the pioneer upgrade stereo, but not the nav unit, does that affect the connectivity group useage? Max tow with stablilty control that I read could only be turned off through the Vehicle Info Center? Is that correct?
If I'm not mistaking I get all the above except the vehicle info center with the S pkg with included Uconnect. So what exactly am I missing with not getting the connectivity group and is it worth the $400 upgrade and passing on this and ordering a new one?

ohioviper 05-27-2013 07:04 PM

Unless Im mistaken the connectivity group is

Off my window sticker
Connectivity Group $ 485
Uconnect(R) Voice Command with
Bluetooth(R)
Tire Pressure Monitoring Display
Electronic Vehicle Information Center
Remote USB Port

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
Customer Preferred Package 24S $ 2,200
Air Conditioning
P255/75R17 OWL On/Off-Road Tires
17-Inch x 7.5-Inch Aluminum Wheels
Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
Chrome / Leather-Wrapped Shift Knob
Connectivity Group $ 485
Bluetooth(R)
Remote USB Port
Trailer Tow Group $ 295
Trailer Tow with 4-Pin Connector Wiring
Power Convenience Group $ 795
Auto Dimming Mirror with Reading Lamp
Power Heated Mirrors
Power Windows with Front One-Touch-
Down Feature
Power Door Locks
Remote Keyless Entry
Security Alarm
5-Speed Automatic Transmission $ 1,125
Hill Descent Control
Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows $ 300
Black 3-Piece Hard Top $ 795
Delete Sunrider Soft Top
Freedom Panel Storage Bag
Rear Window Defroster
Rear Window Wiper / Washer
Tinted Rear Quarter and Liftgate Windows
SiriusXM Satellite Radio w/ 1-Yr Radio
Subscription
$ 195

PieFace 05-27-2013 08:15 PM

I dont know anything about any of this, but "Barnburner" is a very cool name.

Bensquire66 05-27-2013 08:44 PM

I also recently ordered a 2013 JKU. From what I understand for the extra $485 you are getting the following in addition to what is in the "S" package:

Bluetooth(R)

The "S" package, by itself, only includes the following:

The pkg says:
- Vehicle info center
- remote USB port

I also got the premium Alpine upgrade, which is basically the addition of the subwoofer, with the stock 130 head unit. The head unit will be blue tooth compatible because of the Uconnect upgrade. So I will be able to make and receive calls "hands free." This is accomplished with the addition of two additional buttons that are added to the left side of the steering wheel.

Barnburner 05-27-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PieFace (Post 3798372)
I dont know anything about any of this, but "Barnburner" is a very cool name.

Haha. Thx

Barnburner 05-27-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bensquire66 (Post 3798495)
I also recently ordered a 2013 JKU. From what I understand for the extra $485 you are getting the following in addition to what is in the "S" package:

Bluetooth(R)

The "S" package, by itself, only includes the following:

The pkg says:
- Vehicle info center
- remote USB port

I also got the premium Alpine upgrade, which is basically the addition of the subwoofer, with the stock 130 head unit. The head unit will be blue tooth compatible because of the Uconnect upgrade. So I will be able to make and receive calls "hands free." This is accomplished with the addition of two additional buttons that are added to the left side of the steering wheel.

If I read this right, you are saying I get tire pressure monitoring and voice command with the connectivity group? The Uconnect and bluetooth are included in the 130 head unit already. For the more expensive GPS units they are not included, making the Connectivity Group a more sensible choice.

Big Fran 05-27-2013 10:45 PM

I have a Soprt S and I dont have the connectivity group.

So I have no...
Bluetooth(R)
Remote USB Port

but I do have...
Air Conditioning
P255/75R17 OWL On/Off-Road Tires
17-Inch x 7.5-Inch Aluminum Wheels
Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
Chrome / Leather-Wrapped Shift Knob
Auto Dimming Mirror with Reading Lamp
Power Heated Mirrors
Power Windows with Front One-Touch-
Down Feature
Power Door Locks
Remote Keyless Entry
Security Alarm

woansleftpeg 05-27-2013 11:12 PM

I didn't get the connectivity group, and it annoys me every day that I don't have EVIC.

chum1600 05-28-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woansleftpeg (Post 3798948)
i didn't get the connectivity group, and it annoys me every day that i don't have evic.

x2

greatermn 05-28-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnburner (Post 3797555)
I recently ordered a 2013 JKU sport S and was looking over build sheet and noticed what I thought was Connectivity pkg is actually UConnect. Didnt really know what it was at the time but thought I got it. Talked to my dealer friend and he was even a little confused but was gonna see what he could do about getting it added on, but he wasnt real hopeful.
What exactly am I not getting?
The pkg says:
- VEhicle info center
- Uconnect voice command with Bluetooth
- remote USB port

I got the pioneer upgrade stereo, but not the nav unit, does that affect the connectivity group useage? Max tow with stablilty control that I read could only be turned off through the Vehicle Info Center? Is that correct?
If I'm not mistaking I get all the above except the vehicle info center with the S pkg with included Uconnect. So what exactly am I missing with not getting the connectivity group and is it worth the $400 upgrade and passing on this and ordering a new one?

So my 2013 JKUR came in last month, which was a replacement vehicle to one I purchased in FEB. ( search for lemons and see my post for the gory details...). But one of the problems I had with the old JKUR was the EVIC controls didn't work. This prevented easy access to the in dash menus which would allowed for settings changes and info like; TPMS, Current fuel economy, settings, etc. However, I'm not sure not having these easy controls prevents you from getting the information. I believe the dashboard computer is the same in every model and is enabled for your selected options. But I don't recall if the left side steering shell controls are enabled on the sport ( or even there...) or if the sport has a digital display at the bottom of the TAC. If the controls are missing... Then you would need a code reader/program to get that information. Personally I like the EVIC and would pay 400 for it again. I believe the remote USB port is the one inside the console ( there's one on the radio as well.). Voice command and Bluetooth are fairly self explanatory.

Lusus_Naturae 05-28-2013 08:55 AM

^ The controls on the wheel are blanked out, there are no buttons if the option wasn't installed. You would need to upgrade a lot of stuff to get it to work, easier to buy it than create it - if it's even possible.

jwilson2598 05-28-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnburner (Post 3798733)
If I read this right, you are saying I get tire pressure monitoring and voice command with the connectivity group? The Uconnect and bluetooth are included in the 130 head unit already. For the more expensive GPS units they are not included, making the Connectivity Group a more sensible choice.

Not quite. For the base radio (130) and 430N nav, you have to order Connectivity to get bluetooth, voice command, USB port in console, and EVIC with TPMS monitoring. If you don't order connectivity on either of these radios, you will not have the features. One the 730N, bluetooth is built in, so you get it as part of the radio. To get the EVIC and TPMS monitoring, you have to get connectivity, but since bluetooth is include already, it only costs $160 on the 730N.

Bottom line, on a Sport S nav is not an option, so you'll have the 130 base radio, so if you want Bluetooth and the other features, you must order the connectivity group.

DC Dennis 06-03-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woansleftpeg (Post 3798948)
I didn't get the connectivity group, and it annoys me every day that I don't have EVIC.

Kind of sad that my wife's Volvo that was a few grand less than my JKU will be has everything the EVIC has, as standard equipment.

Cagmo 06-04-2013 10:49 AM

Need help guys. getting ready to buy (weather has been so nice) but the JK I'm looking at doesn't have Connectivity Group. Not sure I care because I'd tear out the entire audio system anyways and replace with aftermarket. I realize it has no EVIC. My question that I need answered are:

1) With NO connectivity - do you still have the compass and outside temp displayed (important to me...goofy I know) :redface:
2) With NO connectivity - do you still have the audio volume controls on back of steering wheel?

Thanks so much. I love this forum :)

woansleftpeg 06-04-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cagmo (Post 3824278)
Need help guys. getting ready to buy (weather has been so nice) but the JK I'm looking at doesn't have Connectivity Group. Not sure I care because I'd tear out the entire audio system anyways and replace with aftermarket. I realize it has no EVIC. My question that I need answered are:

1) With NO connectivity - do you still have the compass and outside temp displayed (important to me...goofy I know) :redface:
2) With NO connectivity - do you still have the audio volume controls on back of steering wheel?

Thanks so much. I love this forum :)

Yes to both.

Cagmo 06-04-2013 11:18 AM

Thank you Sir! Much appreciated!

ChopperCharles 07-12-2013 12:48 AM

Does connectivity group give me on-the-steering-wheel audio controls?

Charles.

panthermark 07-12-2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChopperCharles (Post 3953334)
Does connectivity group give me on-the-steering-wheel audio controls?

Charles.

Steering audio controls are standard, even without Connectivity.

RuffMuttK9z 07-20-2013 06:34 PM

I recently bought a 2012 JKU and I logged into Jeep.com with my VIN to find out everything that it had installed. It says it has the connectivity group, Alpine premium audio system, SIRIUS satellite radio, UConnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth and and REMOTE USB PORT.

But I cannot find the dang USB PORT anywhere!! It's not in the glovebox, it's not on the console...I want to use the darn thing and I cannot find it!!! Anyone know where it might be? And if it truly isn't there, but it is listed in my optional equipment, would the dealer still be responsible to adding it on even though I bought the vehicle (from a dealer) used? Thanks!!

Dnjn123 07-20-2013 07:20 PM

Look for USB port inside console

RuffMuttK9z 07-20-2013 07:27 PM

Aha!! I had to look again and there it is! It hides well!! Thanks!!

WranglerMark69 07-24-2013 11:52 AM

Its interesting, I've got a 2013 Unlimited Sahara with 430N, Uconnect, Bluetooth and what I thought was connectivity group.

I do have:
1. USB Port in Centre Console
2. EVIC which shows fuel economy, tire pressures, dte, personal settings, etc
3. Bluetooth

I don't have:
1. Extra buttons on steering wheel to control the EVIC. I only have a "STEP" and "RESET".

I wonder if I received the wrong steering wheel from the factory, as I have everything else listed on the connectivity group and the dealer's website showed the vehicle as having connectivity group.

Thoughts?

Thanks as I'm new here!!

WranglerMark69 07-24-2013 11:59 AM

I did phone Chrysler customer assistance and they didn't even think I had EVIC based on my vin.

panthermark 07-24-2013 12:11 PM

^Sounds like a mess coming up....
Did you pay for it (on your build sheet or window sticker)?

WranglerMark69 07-29-2013 12:45 PM

panthermark, I dont know what the build code is for connectivity group? Do you know?

I bought the jeep off the dealers lot. I guess I"m to the point where I could live with not having it, but based on the equipment that I have, I sure think its in there somewhere but with the wrong steering wheel.

For those that have added the buttons, how do you order them and did the dealer just flash the uconnect system to activate the new buttons?

jwilson2598 07-29-2013 08:11 PM

I would think if it has everything connectivity except the steering wheel buttons, you should be able to get the switch and it would be plug and play.

loudvegas 07-29-2013 08:20 PM

I don't THINK I have the connectivity group, but I DO have Sirius installed. When I turn the key on the TPMS light comes on and goes off.

I know it does not have bluetooth or the EVIC (the only thing I really liked about the connectivity package)

Do I even have TPMS?

lysol 07-29-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loudvegas (Post 4017345)
I don't THINK I have the connectivity group, but I DO have Sirius installed. When I turn the key on the TPMS light comes on and goes off.

I know it does not have bluetooth or the EVIC (the only thing I really liked about the connectivity package)

Do I even have TPMS?

Drop a tire to 15 psi and drive around the block.

KP50 07-29-2013 09:06 PM

TPMS is standard, when a tire goes under 30psi without the EVIC (if it says 35psi on the door sticker) it will chime, light up the tire indicator light, say 'low tire' where the odometer is and then it will say lr, rf, rr or lf depending on which tire is low.

ChopperCharles 07-30-2013 09:32 AM

Question: If I buy a set of Rubicon wheels off of craigslist, and those wheels have sensors in them still, can I do something to make the wheels work with my jeep? Or am I better off swapping over my sensors?

Charles.