Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   squeaky Clutch new to form (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/squeaky-clutch-new-to-form-245465.html)

Willshire 05-27-2013 10:01 PM

squeaky Clutch new to form
 
Hi new to the form have a question 09 jeep jk 6 speed and after driving for 20 minutes to half when i depress the clutch it makes an awfull squeak noise. Only does it after i have driving it. Have taken into dealer when it was under warranty and the said it was normal wear and tear on the clutch was wondering if anyone has experienced this as well

jkjeeper06 05-27-2013 10:13 PM

Mine chirps sometimes when I let the clutch out? Is that what you're talking about? Or is it a prolonged squeal?

Willshire 05-27-2013 10:18 PM

no its a continuos thing as soon as the jeep gets warm and its stays there until i let the jeep cool down for a couple of hours. then starts again when i drive for 20 mins

jiminmanjr 06-12-2013 10:10 AM

My 2003 Wrangler has started doing this as well. Any time I press the clutch to the floor, there is a creaky-squeak. It does not squeak when I release the pedal. It is constant... and getting frustrating.

Long trips, short trips, slow or fast, it is there.

Any suggestions?

Greg__Berger 06-12-2013 10:38 AM

Mine does this as well. Only after it's been driven a little while and then it's consistent. Funny thing is that I only hear it from the outside, but I'll tell you - when the windows or open, or top and doors off - it's embarrassing. It sounds like I'm driving a beater to hear it "squeeeeekk" every time I press and release the clutch. I'm headed into the stealership this afternoon to see if I can get them to do something about it.

Willshire 06-12-2013 07:04 PM

The dealer has replaced the slave cylinder on mine worked for about a month then it came back. Glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue.

jaxs1984 06-12-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willshire (Post 3854419)
The dealer has replaced the slave cylinder on mine worked for about a month then it came back. Glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue.

I have an 09 and took it to dealer, they too replace the slave cylinder. It's been about a month and so far so good. If it squeaks I'll take it right back since I paid about 275. for the parts/labor.

Willshire 06-12-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxs1984 (Post 3854463)

I have an 09 and took it to dealer, they too replace the slave cylinder. It's been about a month and so far so good. If it squeaks I'll take it right back since I paid about 275. for the parts/labor.

Ya I have taken it back couple of time and say normal ware and tear but it shouldn't be doing that. And now mine is not under Warrinty so will wait to the clutch stops working and replace everything.

Greg__Berger 06-12-2013 09:21 PM

The dealership drove mine today and drove two brand new ones off the lot. Said they all did it and it was normal. I said we'll it may be normal, but that doesn't make it right - it sounds like a clunker! Looked at the notes from the mechanic and although he stated that it was operating as it should, he did lube the clutch spring. Didn't hear the noise on the way home. We'll see how it pans out.

Willshire 06-12-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg__Berger (Post 3855114)
The dealership drove mine today and drove two brand new ones off the lot. Said they all did it and it was normal. I said we'll it may be normal, but that doesn't make it right - it sounds like a clunker! Looked at the notes from the mechanic and although he stated that it was operating as it should, he did lube the clutch spring. Didn't hear the noise on the way home. We'll see how it pans out.

Hope that works for it maybe that's all it needs. I come to live with it but still annoying as hell.

RB-10rubicon 06-13-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willshire (Post 3854419)
the dealer has replaced the slave cylinder on mine worked for about a month then it came back. Glad to know i'm not the only one with this issue.

same as mine sometimes i hear it if i dont have the radio on

Willshire 06-13-2013 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RB-10rubicon (Post 3856194)
same as mine sometimes i hear it if i dont have the radio on

Ya I usually just turn up the tunes now.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 AM.