Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Florida Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f71/)
-   -   Help with purchase of new Jeep! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f71/help-with-purchase-of-new-jeep-245769.html)

riptide09 05-29-2013 07:47 AM

Help with purchase of new Jeep!

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and I'm about to buy my first Jeep and am looking for some recommendations. I know I'm going to be going with a manual Sport S however I wanted to ask you guys who you dealt with and how your experience was with that dealer. I live in Panama City Florida and being that Im military in a military city it seems as though its very hard to work a good deal like I've seen people get on their jeeps on this forum. What dealership would you all recommend that gave you an awesome deal? Im already approved for a loan through USAA for $33k at 3.5% however I'm not looking to spend ALL of it.

In addition i wanted to ask you all what factory options do you all find worth it to get on the wrangler?? Obviously living in the south I'm definitely gettin A/C, but I was also considering the premium soft top, 3.73 gears, alpine sound package, mopar slush mats etc.

Thanks in advance for all your help and I look forward to being a contributing member here!

HCFR-Halligan 05-29-2013 11:05 AM

I used Tread Lightly membership to get the no haggle 2% under invoice pricing. You can also try to work from there to get a lower price but none of the dealers around here (tampa) would come down on that. As far as options I definitely recommend the premium top, it seems to be quieter, and maybe slightly better at insulating as well as being nicer material. Also highly recommend side air bags, 9 years in the fire service made this a must have for me. 3.73 rear can't hurt either unless you plan on a major lift and tires later on. Personally I wouldn't bother with the alpine stereo, stock is ok, but the alpine stereo seems like more work to modify in the future. I added a sub and am pretty happy with the regular stereo so far.

Lastly thank you for your service.

riptide09 05-29-2013 11:27 AM

Yeah i heard the premium soft top is a good buy, and I was on the fence with the alpine system. The way it sounds is a lot of people that go with the alpine still end up replacing it down the road. As for Tread Lightly, i was considering doing that or trying with the USAA car buying service. And us military guys appreciate the support!

damndirtydog 05-29-2013 03:36 PM

With Wrangler being such a hot selling item, dealerships don't tend to cut too much slack on the pricing.
My only needs were, A/C, power windows and locks. Everything else I can add much cheaper. 3.73 gears is a good idea too.

riptide09 05-29-2013 05:47 PM

Yeah im gonna go with the premium top, AC, 3.73 gears and the Mopar mats. I don't really need the power windows and locks. I A/B'd the USAA car buying service and American Express car buying service and I am able to get the Sport with all of those options for $23058 w/o tax/title through American Express (better than USAA surprisingly). That's using the Volkswagen Conquest Cash (I currently have a VW GTI) and the $500 Military discount. Do you guys think I could get a better deal on that or does that seem like a decent price?

HCFR-Halligan 05-29-2013 08:16 PM

Check the 2013 order/info post in th jk forum to see what the invoice is on that build. Not sure on the price. Also I would skip the mopar mats and get the weathertecs, but that is entirely personal.

riptide09 05-29-2013 08:50 PM

I totally forgot about weathertec! For only a few dollars more than the Mopars they seem by far worth it. Good call.