Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Got stuck, really funny story(with pic)

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  01blackws6 
#1 ·
Okay, so we get home from work tonight and I'm like we should go play in the jeep. We head down the usual trail and go through the mudholes and down around the trail and play a little bit. I stopped in the mudholes that were about as high as my tires and pull straight out no problem. I'm like, this is too easy, we need something challenging....bad idea...lol. Theres this really deep ditch I always go around when we go down the trail, so I was like, I wonder if it will go through that.........NO...lol. After about 15 minutes of going back and forth trying to get it out, I'm like okay, we're stuck. So we get out of the jeep, walk the 1/4 mile or so back to the house to get some boards and a shovel. Walk the 1/4 mile back and the battery is dead.....DAMNIT..... So now, we're off to wal-mart to get a battery. Go to wal-mart, get the battery, carry the battery back down the 1/4 mile of trail to where the jeep is at, put the battery in it, and wa-laaa, she's alive. Stick the boards under the front tires so I can try to back out of it, after about 3 or 4 tries, out she comes finally...lol. We went back on the trail at 11:15 or so and when we got back home and done and saved the jeep, it was about 2:30am...lol. I'll sleep easy tonight though knowing that my jeep isn't sitting in a hole in the woods with a dead battery...lol. You can't tell really good by the picture, but the hole was a lot bigger than I thought it was. I'm still a noob, so that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. In all fairness, I did get it out without anyone having to pull me out. I don't have a winch either. Guess I should invest in one. Heres the picture of my poor jeep stuck in the hole. The picture makes the hole look a whole lot smaller than it actually is too. My front bumper was running into the other side of the hole, that's why I had to try and back it out. It's hard to tell in the picture, but the body, under the door, was about an inch off the ground...lol. Hope you enjoyed my story. I thought it was pretty funny.

See less See more
#2 ·
nice, you need a little experience on ditch crossings. you want a slight angle so you don't just dig your front wheels and bumper down. you want one wheel at a time to go down and over, let the suspension flex. BUT with those stock looking wheels and tires, i think you would've been stuck no matter what.

good job getting out, and wheeling alone is a bad idea. and i have had to leave my jeep in a hole over night before, really sucks. had to have an off road tow truck pull it out, and it cost over 300 dollars like 8 yrs ago. we were wheelin alone, but then called in 3 other trucks to help, including an f250 on 35's that couldn't pull it out.

never wheeled alone again.

#5 ·
+1
my highlift has got me out of a ditch befor, and do never wheel alone. i have 35's locked front and rear it was raining and i was playing in the mud. whoo. that was a deep ditch lined with some slick ass rocks.

#4 ·
A winch and a pair of 1"x12" short boards would help too thats what we used to get my buddies 79 F150 out of the river, my old winch on my pathy and the boards under his fronts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.