Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   New TrekTop NX have to vent! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/new-trektop-nx-have-to-vent-246036.html)

Jvarricchio4 05-30-2013 10:12 AM

New TrekTop NX have to vent!

I just wanted to come on here and vent about my new trektop. I know the top is supposed to fit tight, but I have had it on for over a week now in 85 degree weather and keep having leaks everywhere. In many spots the stiching has stretched leaving small holes that water comes through when the jeep sits, and the rear straps that hold the safari top on are starting to pull the stitches out of the top where they attach. I dont know if this is common and others that have this top had to seal them or did I just get a dud? Also I still cant get the top of the quarter window to stay in the channel on the door surround and that is causing me a leak as well. On top of that after a week I still cant get the rear window zipper all the way down. I know its a jeep, and im okay with one small leak or a couple small issues, but I feel paying all that money for a top that I should get something of a little better quality. If anyone with this top can help me out I would appricate it. I really dont want to get a factory style top, because I love the safari option on the Trektop.

XTRyan 05-30-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jvarricchio4 (Post 3807851)
I just wanted to come on here and vent about my new trektop. I know the top is supposed to fit tight, but I have had it on for over a week now in 85 degree weather and keep having leaks everywhere. In many spots the stiching has stretched leaving small holes that water comes through when the jeep sits, and the rear straps that hold the safari top on are starting to pull the stitches out of the top where they attach. I dont know if this is common and others that have this top had to seal them or did I just get a dud? Also I still cant get the top of the quarter window to stay in the channel on the door surround and that is causing me a leak as well. On top of that after a week I still cant get the rear window zipper all the way down. I know its a jeep, and im okay with one small leak or a couple small issues, but I feel paying all that money for a top that I should get something of a little better quality. If anyone with this top can help me out I would appricate it. I really dont want to get a factory style top, because I love the safari option on the Trektop.

If you're having issues with the top, I would either contact Bestop, or the vendor you got it from. Bestop is known for their customer service. They are usually more than willing to help a customer out with an issue with their products.

I have heard of people having this issue, but it went away within a few days. I know some of the early Trektop's had this problem, but they fixed it and there are a good bit of people who swear by this top. My self included, I love my Trektop NX and run it year round.

-Zach

ThermalFZ6 05-30-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XTZach (Post 3808185)
If you're having issues with the top, I would either contact Bestop, or the vendor you got it from. Bestop is known for their customer service. They are usually more than willing to help a customer out with an issue with their products.

I have heard of people having this issue, but it went away within a few days. I know some of the early Trektop's had this problem, but they fixed it and there are a good bit of people who swear by this top. My self included, I love my Trektop NX and run it year round.

-Zach

I second Zach's comments. I just got mine about 2 months ago and I have zero leaks. Though it was tough to install at first, I have no issues with it at all now. I have taken the windows in and out a couple times and I open and close the top frequently.

JanaLD 05-30-2013 03:47 PM

I installed my Trektop NX a couple of months ago and it was a PITA! I did have a problem with the j channel (think that is what it is called) on the back of the top, it would not stay in place with the windows out and caused alot of flapping and had a bad air leak at the front header. I called Bestop and they shipped me a new top piece. I have not notice any water leaks but I do have some places in the windows where the stitching looks pulled. I love the look of the top and also wanted it for the safari option, summers in Georgia are really hot!! Overall I am happy with the top but, the windows are still a pain to put back in!

Robert C. 06-01-2013 09:44 AM

I just put mine on thur and the rear window has a small rip in the lower right hand side it looks like the stitching came apart . How does your top do with the front windows down does it flap above your head? And i called bestop and there sending me a new window and a new top fabric

JanaLD 06-01-2013 03:32 PM

I haven't noticed any extra flapping with the front windows down but, if I am on interstate 70 - 80 mph I put my windows up. AC on!! lol I do have safari straps on so I have some flapping noise coming from back where the top hits the straps. Been experimenting with black foam pipe insulation weaving between straps and top, seems to help.

JanaLD 06-01-2013 03:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 256391

Picture with Safari Straps and TrexTop. Not a great pic but, all I have at the moment.