Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Considering Tube Doors.....Rancho? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/considering-tube-doors-rancho-246223.html)

PieFace 05-31-2013 09:13 AM

Considering Tube Doors.....Rancho?

1 Attachment(s)
I'm about to pull the trigger on tube doors.

i've done the research and I dont want anything that rattles. And of course it has to look cool.

It looks like im going to end up with Rancho Rock Gear Doors.

Who's got these, Do you love them?

TxJeepDog 05-31-2013 09:20 AM

I'm interested in these also. Wanting to hear feed back also.

alabamajeep 05-31-2013 09:24 AM

I like these because they are U.S. made. I went with the Body Armor doors because I liked the netting but I have had a couple issues with them....

kramer2k 05-31-2013 09:26 AM

I saw them up close at Jeep Beach and liked what I saw. I have Bestop Element tube doors, which are almost idential to the Rancho doors. The thing I like about the Rancho tube doors is that they are partnering with Spidwerwebshade to make some cool screens that can be fastened around the doors.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...24854114_n.jpg

I'm hoping I can get them fitted to my Bestop doors.

PieFace 05-31-2013 09:33 AM

I saw that too. Its what was pushing me over the edge.

I've got spiderwebshade's trail mesh shade on the roof, and have been impressed with the quality. Those door skins look very cool.

TOK 05-31-2013 01:03 PM

I have the Bestop doors and really like the look of the Rancho's... The straight bar design is cooler than Bestops, though I'm not crazy about the way the lock plate just seems to hang at the bottom. Just an aesthetic thing for me, I'm sure its strong.

One thing that'd be a deal breaker for me between them is the Bestops have the limiting straps to keep the mirrors from hammering your cowl if they swing open. Can't tell in the pic if these have that.

PieFace 05-31-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOK (Post 3811705)
I have the Bestop doors and really like the look of the Rancho's... The straight bar design is cooler than Bestops, though I'm not crazy about the way the lock plate just seems to hang at the bottom. Just an aesthetic thing for me, I'm sure its strong.

One thing that'd be a deal breaker for me between them is the Bestops have the limiting straps to keep the mirrors from hammering your cowl if they swing open. Can't tell in the pic if these have that.

I don't think there is a limiting strap. They do have a good rubber dampening system

chcg12 05-31-2013 07:24 PM

Kramer2k, i got the bestop on your recommendation-love them..l like these also-i would be interested in fitting the spiderweb mesh to my doors as well. I also have the spiderweb shade top. let me know when you find out if they are compatible.. and to the op, these look great esp with the mesh addition, looks like a solid choice.

VS1 06-03-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PieFace (Post 3812666)
I don't think there is a limiting strap. They do have a good rubber dampening system

There is no limiting strap [that they come with]. The rubber dampener does great on the rear doors. I ended up wrapping a bit of electrical tape around the door catch loops of the front doors to completely eliminate the metal-on-metal rattle without having to reposition the door catch loops.

I also added the Warrior Products door limiting straps. Great additional but probably a whole lot cheaper to get some footman loops and velcro straps vs. buying the kits. Overall, I really like the doors, would definitely recommend them and am really looking forward to adding the SpiderWebShade screen whenever they come out.

Sinister6 06-03-2013 09:13 PM

I have OR FAB. I like the fact the latch adjusts to limit rattle. No strap but would not be hard to make one...

Sinister6 06-03-2013 09:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinister6 (Post 3822506)
I have OR FAB. I like the fact the latch adjusts to limit rattle. No strap but would not be hard to make one...

Here's a pic...

JKPaul 06-03-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PieFace (Post 3811060)
I'm about to pull the trigger on tube doors.

i've done the research and I dont want anything that rattles. And of course it has to look cool.

It looks like im going to end up with Rancho Rock Gear Doors.

Who's got these, Do you love them?

I looked and looked and read and read then bought the Body Armor Trail doors. They fit great on my 2010, moved them to my 2012 without a hitch. No rattle, good fit, have limiting straps, adjustable latch, look good as well. Good Luck with whatever ones you go with.

brighton 06-03-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinister6 (Post 3822506)

I have OR-FAB tube doors also, admittedly I bought them because I just liked the way they looked. Definitely no rattles.

Having said that, if I were buying today, I'd be tempted to go with Body Armor Trail doors which look sweet.

PieFace 06-12-2013 07:25 PM

thanks for the replies,

here is a video from spiderwebshade where you can see the rancho doors with their skins on them.

Super sexy.

SPIDERWEBSHADE /// JK4D /// INSTALL on Vimeo

Hammer One 06-12-2013 09:09 PM

I have the Bestop Element doors too, the spiderwebshade skins are exactly what I want for my doors. Please let me know if the Rancho ones fit! Need a bit of protection for my family on the road. Thanks

PieFace 06-16-2013 08:03 PM

Rancho Doors Spiderwebshade Skins

3 Attachment(s)
Here they are installed.

I love the look matching everything with the spiderwebshade top.

came out hot.

VS1 06-17-2013 06:46 AM

Where did you source the shades for the doors? Can't find any information on spiderwebshade.com on those.

kramer2k 06-17-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PieFace (Post 3867241)
Here they are installed.

I love the look matching everything with the spiderwebshade top.

came out hot.

That looks great Ross. How'd you get them? Are they officially released or did you get a pre-release hookup from SWS?

MudRunner 06-17-2013 06:49 PM

Those Rancho tube doors with the spiderwebshade look kicka$$.

kjeeper10 06-17-2013 06:53 PM

Holy kick ass batman

woah_amie 06-17-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer2k (Post 3811105)

sexy doors.

PieFace 06-17-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer2k (Post 3870522)
That looks great Ross. How'd you get them? Are they officially released or did you get a pre-release hookup from SWS?

They are available now, If they aren't on the regular Spiderwebshade site, Call them.

I got mine early, but only because I had contacted them about the roof and mentioned the Rancho doors I was planning.

There was a eureka moment, where I was told, "we've got skins coming for those". Then I begged and pleaded. LOL

kramer2k 06-18-2013 09:47 AM

Great! Thanks for the info.

Now we need someone to be a guinea pig and
test the door skins on some Bestop Element doors.

cmaggi2 06-18-2013 09:52 AM

Seems like you could make your own shades for the bestop doors. Would this be any harder than getting the dimensions and using one of the DIY methods ppl are using for homemade Spider shades?

chcg12 06-19-2013 01:56 PM

other tube doors

So i just got off the phone with spiderweb- i have the bestop doors and he said they only have made them specifically for the rancho doors. He was not familiar with the bestop element door but they had no plans to make them for other doors at this time. That being said the doors are similar-maybe somebody should be the guinea pig and try them...:rolleyes:

PieFace 06-25-2013 05:01 PM

heres some video

here's a walk around -

Rancho ROCK Gear Tube Doors with SpiderWebShade Skins - YouTube

Timjeep 06-25-2013 06:39 PM

Come on Spiderwebshades. I bought one of your spider web shades and have sold at least 5 more shades that my friends bought after my recommendation. Build me some to fit Bestop Element Doors and I'm in on buying one from you!!!! Go ahead, take more of my $$$$. A lot of Jeepers have Element doors.

Hammer One 06-25-2013 07:04 PM

Timjeep,

I'm there with you!! Add my to the list wanting some for the Bestop doors.

HAFICON 06-25-2013 07:46 PM

Man those are nice.. Hard choice between these and Body Armor trail doors.

PieFace 06-25-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAFICON (Post 3899203)
Man those are nice.. Hard choice between these and Body Armor trail doors.

body armor is a waste. I think its done more for the look than anything else. Adds weight and really, what are you hitting that's not going to hit your flare first?

If your talking about rocker armor, that's weight well spent. you can cheap out with rubi take off rock rails and have the tube doors.

Definatly doors over body armor.