Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Do tj exhaust systems increse preformance? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/do-tj-exhaust-systems-increse-preformance-246269.html)

GingerTJ 05-31-2013 01:51 PM

Do tj exhaust systems increse preformance?
 
What's your take, gimmick or legit?

Rayko 05-31-2013 01:57 PM

Gimmick

s14sh3r 05-31-2013 02:01 PM

Legit, but not anything noticeable.

Rubi513 05-31-2013 02:14 PM

I am sure I gained a half horse power when I upgraded my exhaust:)

Trailsnail 05-31-2013 02:27 PM

I recently put the Bank's Monster on with the short pipe. My throttle response is marginally better. The big surprise, it runs 5 degrees cooler in stop and go traffic and on the trail. I guess it's the straight through design allowing heat to be pulled out faster along with the 2.5" diameter pipe

GingerTJ 05-31-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trailsnail (Post 3811983)
I recently put the Bank's Monster on with the short pipe. My throttle response is marginally better. The big surprise, it runs 5 degrees cooler in stop and go traffic and on the trail. I guess it's the straight through design allowing heat to be pulled out faster along with the 2.5" diameter pipe

Just did mine, 2.5 pipe, and a High flow muffler stainless tip. Sounds good and I might get 1 more HP tops.. But I doubt it. At least I got rid of the shitty rusted pipe I had.. That downturn at the end is ugly.

Atthehop 05-31-2013 03:43 PM

If its louder then I won't do it, don't want want to warn the wife's boyfriend I am home.

GoldenSahara00 05-31-2013 03:47 PM

Legit. Just not engine performance. Only clearance :thumb:

Dextreme 05-31-2013 04:12 PM

The stock muffler is heavy. Going aftermarket will increase the power to weight ratio. Plus chicks dig it.:thumb:

Rayko 05-31-2013 05:40 PM

Gimmick. They offer anywhere from a 10 to 20 HP increase. Total Bull.

GingerTJ 05-31-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayko (Post 3812436)
Gimmick. They offer anywhere from a 10 to 20 HP increase. Total Bull.

I figured, just like "cold air" intakes.. But that's the biggest gimmick ever..

LiftedTj 06-01-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atthehop (Post 3812171)
If its louder then I won't do it, don't want want to warn the wife's boyfriend I am home.

Lmao

blackrublj 06-02-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GingerTJ (Post 3811878)
What's your take, gimmick or legit?

Ginger Tj I put an AEM cold air and banks monster exhaust on my rub LJ got a little more power and mileage went from 15 to 18 on a long trip to high Sierras two trips actually before and after. And if you take care of your wife there are no boyfriends!

GingerTJ 06-02-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackrublj (Post 3816394)

Ginger Tj I put an AEM cold air and banks monster exhaust on my rub LJ got a little more power and mileage went from 15 to 18 on a long trip to high Sierras two trips actually before and after. And if you take care of your wife there are no boyfriends!

Maybe it does work :)

UnlimitedRubicon 06-02-2013 05:02 PM

  • increase performance - no
  • "better" sound - possibly
  • replace damage - yes
  • improve clearance - yes

THE JAMMER 06-05-2013 01:59 PM

Think a cold air intake will give more hp than exhaust.

5spdftw 06-05-2013 06:51 PM

My stock tip and hangers were effed after a trip through JV so I swapped it out for a Bank's and it's ok I guess, just glad to be rid of my mangled stocker that was constantly smacking my gas tank skid.

UnlimitedLJ04 06-05-2013 07:10 PM

what kind of performance?

sound, horsepower, torque, clearance for custom suspension, clearance for off-road, corrosion resistance, for an engine swap....or some other metric?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 AM.