Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Power Inverter on JKU Sport question (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/power-inverter-on-jku-sport-question-246424.html)

flharleycop 06-01-2013 10:02 AM

Power Inverter on JKU Sport question

Have any of you added the power inverter on the console of a sport like the Rubicon has? If so are the power points already there and did you just buy the part and plug it in? I would like to do this if its just a plug and play part. I have an inverter now but it is stays in the rear Id like a clean look one up front.

Thanks

flharleycop 06-01-2013 07:44 PM

anyone?

PecosRiver 06-01-2013 07:46 PM

While I have no first hand knowledge of this, I believe I read somewhere that the power port is only available if you have the heated seats. I'm guessing that they both have a serious power draw and share the same circuit.

mattdaddy71 06-01-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PecosRiver (Post 3815633)
While I have no first hand knowledge of this, I believe I read somewhere that the power port is only available if you have the heated seats. I'm guessing that they both have a serious power draw and share the same circuit.

My '13 JKU Sahara has the inverter, but I don't have heated seats

Z-TJ 06-01-2013 08:56 PM

Comes with Conectivety Group

Bigbeard26 06-01-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flharleycop (Post 3814257)
Have any of you added the power inverter on the console of a sport like the Rubicon has? If so are the power points already there and did you just buy the part and plug it in? I would like to do this if its just a plug and play part. I have an inverter now but it is stays in the rear Id like a clean look one up front.

Thanks

What year mod?I have a 2011 with the inverter in the console,I have heated seats and mirrors.One thing I would suggest adding to your jk is a Banks ram air cold air intake.It makes it sound mean and increases horse power and gas mileage

jwilson2598 06-01-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z-TJ (Post 3815821)
Comes with Conectivety Group

This is not correct. The inverter is only standard on Sahara and Rubicon models, as a well as a couple especial editions that came with it. It's not ties in any way to Connectivity or other options.

flharleycop 06-01-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigbeard26 (Post 3815845)
What year mod?I have a 2011 with the inverter in the console,I have heated seats and mirrors.One thing I would suggest adding to your jk is a Banks ram air cold air intake.It makes it sound mean and increases horse power and gas mileage

Really I have only read that those things really didnít add much HP or MPG gains in other vehicles. How well did it live in up the JKU?

panthermark 06-02-2013 09:50 AM

115V outlets are standard on the Sahara and Rubi models (and thus the special edition vehicles that start from those models like the Arctic, Altitude, COD, Moab, 10A, ect)...

However, it was, and is, available on a couple of Sport models, and it does seem to be attached to heated seats.

During the middle of the 2012 model year, Jeep offered Katzkin leather as a factory installed option on all three models. When a Sport was equipped with factory Katzkins, it automatically included heated seats and the 115V outlet.

For the 2013 Freedom Edition (which is based on a Sport), partial leather seats became a standard, and heated seats became an option. When you include heated seats on a 2013 Freedom Edition, that also includes the 115V converter.

So basically, all Sahara's and Rubi's have it, regardless of leather or heated seats. But if you manage to get one on a Sport, they are usually attached to heated seats with leather of some sort, which is rare to find on a factory Sport.