Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Installed 33x12.5-15 Duratracs on Level 8 Trackers (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/installed-33x12-5-15-duratracs-on-level-8-trackers-246650.html)

maleman876 06-02-2013 11:49 AM

Installed 33x12.5-15 Duratracs on Level 8 Trackers
 
Just awesome. Haven't had them offroad yet though...

Ace side rails, Teraflex 2/1" leveling kit, Gorilla locking lugs.

Anyone want to buy a set of sport S wheels/tires with 6500 miles :whistling:

Bumper is getting chopped next I think

http://i.imgur.com/xijdN9ch.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/j9bqjfTh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kzlOiW4h.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HpfT9Moh.jpg

vt16 06-02-2013 12:53 PM

Looks awesome.

BigManAndy 06-02-2013 01:01 PM

Very nice!! You'll love the tires.

Deceptionz99 06-02-2013 01:09 PM

Got the same rims and tires as you :). You will love them I promise!

Big Fran 06-02-2013 05:04 PM

Look GREAT!!!

I've got the same combo on my JKU.

Nice choice. :)

brighton 06-02-2013 05:08 PM

Looks good!

Cajunjeep 06-03-2013 12:50 AM

Holy Smokes
 
Bought daughter 12 Gecko Sport Soft Top 2 weeks ago. Been looking for right wheels/tires.

After spending hours and hours looking and reading just bought Level 8 Trackers, Teraflex, and Nitto Grappler ( Duratracs on list but won't be used off road much). I'm buying the rock slider this week.

Hilarious--small world.

Thanks for the advanced look. It looks great!

Biz21 06-03-2013 04:01 AM

Looks really good

Justin_Griffith 06-05-2013 03:42 PM

Anyone know if I will have any issues putting a 33x12.50r15 duratrac on the spare holder? As far as weight issues?

tab22092 06-05-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin_Griffith (Post 3828945)
Anyone know if I will have any issues putting a 33x12.50r15 duratrac on the spare holder? As far as weight issues?

Curious as to the weight problem as well

joeg679 06-05-2013 03:59 PM

Very nice. What does the leveling kit do?

Lil Black JK 06-05-2013 04:20 PM

You'll probably need to extend your bump stops out a couple inches. I used a couple golf balls to make contact with the tires. Others have used 1 1/4 inch hose. This should keep the spare from shaking and cracking the spare mount.

kenb1023 06-05-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin_Griffith (Post 3828945)
Anyone know if I will have any issues putting a 33x12.50r15 duratrac on the spare holder? As far as weight issues?

I think it weighs about the same as the stock Rubi or Sahara spares. At least when I took off the Sahara spare and put on the Chaos 5 with DuratrackI got the Daystar bump stop spacers. They work great.

maleman876 06-05-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin_Griffith (Post 3828945)
Anyone know if I will have any issues putting a 33x12.50r15 duratrac on the spare holder? As far as weight issues?

I am extending the bumpstops with a heavy piece of radiator hose i bought at auto zone for $9. Weight wise they felt about the same, and someone weighed this set before and they are within a couple pounds of the stock ones.

maleman876 06-05-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeg679 (Post 3828983)
Very nice. What does the leveling kit do?

adds one inch in the rear and 2 inches in the front. gets rid of the rake in the factory setup. it's just a spring spacer kit with longer swaybar links. easy stuff.

| TeraFlex Suspensions

maleman876 06-05-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajunjeep (Post 3819482)
Bought daughter 12 Gecko Sport Soft Top 2 weeks ago. Been looking for right wheels/tires.

After spending hours and hours looking and reading just bought Level 8 Trackers, Teraflex, and Nitto Grappler ( Duratracs on list but won't be used off road much). I'm buying the rock slider this week.

Hilarious--small world.

Thanks for the advanced look. It looks great!

Awesome, glad to help :thumb:

michiganadam 06-05-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil Black JK (Post 3829057)
You'll probably need to extend your bump stops out a couple inches. I used a couple golf balls to make contact with the tires. Others have used 1 1/4 inch hose. This should keep the spare from shaking and cracking the spare mount.

What bump stops? Mine never had any?

joeg679 06-05-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maleman876 (Post 3829586)
adds one inch in the rear and 2 inches in the front. gets rid of the rake in the factory setup. it's just a spring spacer kit with longer swaybar links. easy stuff.

| TeraFlex Suspensions


Thanks!

kenb1023 06-06-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michiganadam (Post 3829718)
What bump stops? Mine never had any?

Right behind the tire at 9 and 3 oclock there should be two rubber bump stops that the spare pushes against. If they are missing there will be two 1/2" holes in the tail gate.

michiganadam 06-06-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenb1023 (Post 3832126)
Right behind the tire at 9 and 3 oclock there should be two rubber bump stops that the spare pushes against. If they are missing there will be two 1/2" holes in the tail gate.

I wondered why there was two 1/2 inch holes in my tailgate....

GreenRubi 06-06-2013 02:44 PM

Looks really nice.

ramu3527 07-30-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maleman876 (Post 3817336)
Just awesome. Haven't had them offroad yet though...

Ace side rails, Teraflex 2/1" leveling kit, Gorilla locking lugs.

Anyone want to buy a set of sport S wheels/tires with 6500 miles :whistling:

Bumper is getting chopped next I think

http://i.imgur.com/xijdN9ch.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/j9bqjfTh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kzlOiW4h.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HpfT9Moh.jpg

REALLY good looking setup! May I ask, any change in the ride from stock at all? Also, what was the change in the mileage, if you cared to check?

marslim 07-30-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tab22092 (Post 3828982)
Curious as to the weight problem as well

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin_Griffith (Post 3828945)
Anyone know if I will have any issues putting a 33x12.50r15 duratrac on the spare holder? As far as weight issues?

I guess maybe you guys didn't do the swap yourselves but the 15" level 8's with 33" duratracs are noticeably lighter than the stock 17 combo:thumb:

GreggNY 07-30-2013 08:50 PM

Looks great man. Any chance you could measure the Duratracs to see what they actually measure on the car?

ESP 07-30-2013 08:51 PM

Like the level 8s too, here's mine with the same size but km2s.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...75827313_n.jpg

keepitsimple 07-31-2013 10:26 AM

Size of the level 8s?

Derrick_Merwin 11-18-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maleman876 (Post 3817336)
Just awesome. Haven't had them offroad yet though... Ace side rails, Teraflex 2/1" leveling kit, Gorilla locking lugs. Anyone want to buy a set of sport S wheels/tires with 6500 miles :whistling: Bumper is getting chopped next I think

What backspacing do the level 8s have?

MSpiegel00 11-18-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derrick_Merwin (Post 6221018)

What backspacing do the level 8s have?

Im wondering this as well. This is the combo I wanted to go, and was wondering about spacers.

MSpiegel00 11-18-2013 09:34 PM

Can't edit through my phone. Saw another post with similar set up, and he was running the 33x12.50r15 Dura's on15x8's with a -30 offset and a Tera leveling kit, no spacers needed.

mcgee10 11-19-2013 05:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin_Griffith (Post 3828945)
Anyone know if I will have any issues putting a 33x12.50r15 duratrac on the spare holder? As far as weight issues?

Mine are 285/70/17 a little heaver and I really wheel my jeep so it has had a bunch of hits and bangs and my spare hasn't moved. I think the stock carrier is stronger than most people give it credit for. I was sure it would have broken by now not even a crack yet


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 AM.