Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Georgia Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f70/)
-   -   Looking for local Jeep clubs in west GA (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f70/looking-for-local-jeep-clubs-in-west-ga-246760.html)

AnthonyDenson 06-02-2013 10:16 PM

Looking for local Jeep clubs in west GA

Hello Guys and Gals,

Looking for a local Jeep club in the Paulding County area.? Thanks

cleveland99 06-02-2013 11:13 PM

Where u at in west ga

AnthonyDenson 06-03-2013 01:47 PM

I live in the Hiram area.

Legomyjeep 06-04-2013 10:58 PM

If u find one let me know..I'm in dallas ;) Maybe we should start a paulding group...if one doesn't exist anyway.

big-daddy-dumas 06-05-2013 03:41 PM

i live in douglasville and haven't heard of any in would be nice to have 1 close

JanaLD 06-05-2013 04:26 PM

Check out BCH OffRoad in Vllla Rica they have a group that goes on rides.

Legomyjeep 06-05-2013 04:34 PM

So...how do we start a group?

bushey 06-07-2013 08:46 AM

I'm in Hiram as well looking for a group, though I'm a novice at best.

big-daddy-dumas 06-07-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanaLD (Post 3829071)
Check out BCH OffRoad in Vllla Rica they have a group that goes on rides.

bch is having a grand opening in their new place in carrolton june 22

MosesTJ 06-07-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legomyjeep (Post 3829099)
So...how do we start a group?

Starting a group needs people who want to ride together or give support during shop days. Havering a club is overrated in my opinion as its the same thing just not official. Get people around you that like to ride and go. It's that easy.

Legomyjeep 06-07-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MosesTJ (Post 3837404)

Starting a group needs people who want to ride together or give support during shop days. Havering a club is overrated in my opinion as its the same thing just not official. Get people around you that like to ride and go. It's that easy.

I agree with what ur saying...I haven't had a chance to meet any folks on this forum, things have just been so crazy lately I can't keep up with when people go and trying to insert myself in their rides seems awkward (on my part, like inviting urself to a party u werent invited to, lol). I don't know a lot of folks with Jeeps much less who like to ride. But I'm crazy in love with my Jeep and love the trails and mud. But then I'm also a newbie too. I'm pretty much dragging folks I know to trails (made some new Jeep fans, but they arent as into it as me and I def can't learn a lot from them yet). I'd love to meet and ride with and learn from other more experienced riders and ride with newbies like me sharing in the experience. It may be easier to meet up with those closer for more frequent rides as well as those farther away for adventures too. Maybe not an actual club, but some locals getting together to talk, ride and help each other with mods/repairs would be good. Nothin looks better than a string of Jeeps whether riding down the road, on a trail or posted in a parking lot. And nothin feels better than knowing u can call on each other for help and advice.

Amanda30605 06-08-2013 08:26 AM

Where do you live?

Legomyjeep 06-08-2013 08:00 PM

I'm in Dallas

Wranglergirl48 06-12-2013 09:03 PM

I got family in Dallas area I am in canton

Wranglergirl48 06-12-2013 09:05 PM

I'd love to go out riding some weekend

Legomyjeep 06-13-2013 01:11 AM

I'm always game for a ride! Ill be out at durhamtown, not this weekend but the next...planned a camping, trailing mudding trip ALL weekend long ;)

kappaknight 06-13-2013 11:16 AM

Honestly - if you can see the ride announcements, you are welcome to go. Don't feel weird about inviting yourself to an event. It's only weird if you show up in a Prius. :)

Legomyjeep 06-13-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kappaknight (Post 3856940)
Honestly - if you can see the ride announcements, you are welcome to go. Don't feel weird about inviting yourself to an event. It's only weird if you show up in a Prius. :)

Rofl....how about a lowered truck, can I come in that? Jk...I don't leave home w/o my Lego. (Thinking of adopting two four wheelers and name them Mega Block and Kreo, her babies, tehehe)

I'm a complete ditz....I cannot figure out where rides r posted on this forum.

jkdreams 06-13-2013 02:56 PM

[QUOTE=I cannot figure out where rides r posted on this forum.[/QUOTE]

Not a joke: Start by watching the Georgia Jeep Forum. One of us will start a thread called "_____ this weekend". And then start talking about going. The way to stay informed is to comment on the thread. It doesn't have to be much. Some people just type "subscribed", others make smart ass comments, either way, that thread shows up in your "subscribed threads". If you're using the app, it has a special place. If you're on the website, just use the "Quick Links" tab and go to "subscribed threads". Then, new comments show up and the thread is bold.

jkdreams 06-13-2013 02:57 PM

OR...
Post a new thread called "who wants to ride this weekend?" and watch how many responses you get"

kappaknight 06-13-2013 03:13 PM

...or if you have Facebook, add some of us to your Friends list and you can see the groups we follow on there that post rides. :)

Michigunman 06-13-2013 03:34 PM

Just don't ride with Kappa, he's weird.:p

Legomyjeep 06-13-2013 03:35 PM

Thx...Im a lil slow on the uptake at times. So I'm in the right places...just not playin by the rules ;)

Legomyjeep 06-13-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kappaknight (Post 3857657)
...or if you have Facebook, add some of us to your Friends list and you can see the groups we follow on there that post rides. :)

Facebook eh...since everyone uses a username...oh this is where technology is not my friend. R there links or just straight up ask folks? (This is why I was okay given up a vehicle with every bell and whistle for an X...I'm cranking my windows and super happy about it)

I'm on fb...but my name is so common I'm hard to find. I mean my mom wasn't incredibly original...Jenni Jones...how hard is that, LOL.

kappaknight 06-13-2013 04:05 PM

I'm at https://www.facebook.com/wnyang - feel free to add me. This is for anyone else in GA who can see this message as well. :)

Legomyjeep 06-13-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michigunman (Post 3857705)
Just don't ride with Kappa, he's weird.:p

Tehehe...they say I'm not normal, soooo...r u actually in michigan or is that just a play on words?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kappaknight (Post 3857782)
I'm at https://www.facebook.com/wnyang - feel free to add me. This is for anyone else in GA who can see this message as well. :)

Done.

Michigunman 06-13-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legomyjeep (Post 3857817)
Tehehe...they say I'm not normal, soooo...r u actually in michigan or is that just a play on words?

Done.

Moved to Georgia last year from Michigan. This has been my forum name for about 10 years on multiple forums, so keeping it.

For the record, i'm sure you got my humor but for the sake of others misinterpreting.....the only thing wrong with riding with kappa is you might get Jeep envy, and he does his part too. :punk:

Legomyjeep 06-13-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michigunman (Post 3857950)

Moved to Georgia last year from Michigan. This has been my forum name for about 10 years on multiple forums, so keeping it.

For the record, i'm sure you got my humor but for the sake of others misinterpreting.....the only thing wrong with riding with kappa is you might get Jeep envy, and he does his part too. :punk:

I got nothin but humor...so I gotcha. ;)

I aske about Michigan bc my hubby is from Michigan. Hope Ga is treating u good. We got ur humidity and heat, just longer. No snow, well rarely. But we ain't got that beautiful green grass Michigan has. Oh that grass!

Michigunman 06-13-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legomyjeep (Post 3858143)
I got nothin but humor...so I gotcha. ;)

I aske about Michigan bc my hubby is from Michigan. Hope Ga is treating u good. We got ur humidity and heat, just longer. No snow, well rarely. But we ain't got that beautiful green grass Michigan has. Oh that grass!

Figured you got it :). Wife and I grew up in Ohio then moved to Michigun for 13 years before moving to Georgia. Not missing the snow and single digit temps for sure. I will take the heat. And yes GA is treating us well, loving it here.

Wranglergirl48 06-13-2013 07:20 PM

Moved from tenn to Michigan and now ga. Would love to be out west