Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   XHD Snorkel and 50" rigid light bar help (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/xhd-snorkel-and-50-rigid-light-bar-help-246773.html)

AGGIE_Rubicon 06-02-2013 11:03 PM

XHD Snorkel and 50" rigid light bar help

I currently have a 50" rigid light mounted above the windshield and would like to had the rugged ridge snorkel. Does anyone know if the two will work together and if you have this setup pictures would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Cyprus Mike 06-03-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGGIE_Rubicon (Post 3819256)
I currently have a 50" rigid light mounted above the windshield and would like to had the rugged ridge snorkel. Does anyone know if the two will work together and if you have this setup pictures would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I would like to know the same, as I have same plan to fit both

AGGIE_Rubicon 06-03-2013 09:33 PM

Bump. I am still looking for help.....anyone have some information?

Darkfire 06-03-2013 09:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Do you mean this setup?

AGGIE_Rubicon 06-03-2013 09:56 PM

Yes! where did you find that picture at?

Darkfire 06-03-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGGIE_Rubicon (Post 3822660)
Yes! where did you find that picture at?

It's my wife's jeep, it's build thread 2 on my signature, and it's on the cover of 4wd.coms summer parts catalog :-)

Darkfire 06-03-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGGIE_Rubicon (Post 3819256)

Thanks

So then to answer your question I'm not totally sure. The pics above have the 50" mounted to the garvin rack. It is a little higher on the jeep then the standard pillar mount like on my jeep (build thread 1 below) also the intake can me cut down some to lower it. Which I did because the snorkel blocks part of the light bar if you do not trim it. Thursday I do some measuring of my wife's jeep and mine to see what exact issues there might be with installing it like you want.

AGGIE_Rubicon 06-03-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkfire (Post 3822690)
It's my wife's jeep, it's build thread 2 on my signature, and it's on the cover of 4wd.coms summer parts catalog :-)

I didn't realize that was your wifes :doh: I came across the jeep on your build thread and sent a message asking for some close up pictures but I guess since you have access to it then I would love to have a close up if at all possible. Except I am not sure how much that will help since you said yours is mounted to the garvin rack..... I am in the process of a build and just dont want to order things that I am not going to be happy with. My jobs is fitting the bill for parts and I am doing all the labor so I just am trying to save time and money if possible. Both of your jeeps look great BTW! What part are you talking about that can be trimmed? I would rather not block the light it will look funny to me I think.

AGGIE_Rubicon 06-03-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkfire (Post 3822701)
So then to answer your question I'm not totally sure. The pics above have the 50" mounted to the garvin rack. It is a little higher on the jeep then the standard pillar mount like on my jeep (build thread 1 below) also the intake can me cut down some to lower it. Which I did because the snorkel blocks part of the light bar if you do not trim it. Thursday I do some measuring of my wife's jeep and mine to see what exact issues there might be with installing it like you want.

Are you referring to the top of the intake where the ram air connects can be cut?

Darkfire 06-04-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGGIE_Rubicon (Post 3822791)
I didn't realize that was your wifes :doh: I came across the jeep on your build thread and sent a message asking for some close up pictures but I guess since you have access to it then I would love to have a close up if at all possible.

she does not surf this like I do so I am sure our request is still sitting there un read. :whistling: I will take some pics Thursday and get them posted here.

Quote:

Both of your jeeps look great BTW! .

Thank you :thumb:

Quote:

What part are you talking about that can be trimmed? I would rather not block the light it will look funny to me I think.

where the top of the snorkel attaches to the scoop, is 2 pieces with a clamp. you can shorten that piece a little to lower that scoop down. I was the same, I did not want to block the light either.

AGGIE_Rubicon 06-04-2013 12:27 PM

Well thanks for the replies I will be looking for the additional pictures soon.

Darkfire 06-07-2013 07:26 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Sorry got tied up.

Here are close ups of my jeep and the wife's with the snorkel from what I can see and what the tape measure shows the 50" will not work with a snorkel using the standard mounts.
Measurements are from the bottom of the windshield

ltsrapcon 06-07-2013 07:36 PM

Darkfire I'll have to say I like your wives set up better. Now if was Dozer yellow... That would be the Heat.

lemitone 06-07-2013 07:40 PM

how do you guys route the cable into the car w/o leaking issues?

Darkfire 06-07-2013 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I like hers but I like mine better :-)

Darkfire 06-07-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemitone (Post 3837391)
how do you guys route the cable into the car w/o leaking issues?

They are both wired to an SPod

highwayman 06-08-2013 02:50 AM

Through the cowl. These things leak enough, I never even attempted to run it through the top like some have.

AGGIE_Rubicon 06-08-2013 11:22 PM

Thank you for the pictures I am think that your right looking at the measurements. The only thing that might work is if I let it cover the light but it depends on how far off the snorkel sits from the cab. I see the measurement for the light off the cab but not the snorkel.

AGGIE_Rubicon 06-08-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highwayman (Post 3838370)
Through the cowl. These things leak enough, I never even attempted to run it through the top like some have.

Mine is wired down the window and into the cab through a hole the enters the cab from the door jam it is sealed with expanding foam and covered by the plastic piece that pops off on the side of the dash when the door is open. I cut the plug off the light and extended the wiring so that it plugs in under the hood. I used two wires that fit between the body and the window then used black silicone to seal it into place so they don't come out. I have a Black Forest green so you can tell its there unless you look really close. (Black silicone)

Darkfire 06-09-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGGIE_Rubicon (Post 3840707)
Thank you for the pictures I am think that your right looking at the measurements. The only thing that might work is if I let it cover the light but it depends on how far off the snorkel sits from the cab. I see the measurement for the light off the cab but not the snorkel.

I will check it Tuesday but if I remember it was like 4" so the light bar would hit the snorkel.

AGGIE_Rubicon 06-09-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkfire (Post 3840920)

I will check it Tuesday but if I remember it was like 4" so the light bar would hit the snorkel.

Thanks for all your help it will save me a good amount of time and money!

Jou 06-22-2013 10:20 PM

brackets

Brothe can u tell me what kind of brackets u installed on the red jk to made this set up work? Thanks

Darkfire 06-22-2013 10:38 PM

there the standard ones that come with the RIGID lights. the mounts are drilled and bolted to the Garvin rack.