Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Finally Settled on a Lift and Tires (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/finally-settled-on-a-lift-and-tires-246818.html)

njskater59 06-03-2013 10:31 AM

Finally Settled on a Lift and Tires

So after much research I think I have finally settled on a lift and tires that are within my budget.

Lift: Ill be going with the Rancho 2 inch Sport Lift with 9000XLs. It will give me about 2.25 inches in the front and about 1.75 inches in the back for a level and a lift. I am just curious if I will need anything else. A new trackbar, stabelizer, longer swaybars? Will I need longer brake lines if I buy discos and get a lot of articulation?

Wheels and Tires: I have been looking at 15x8 Level 8 Trackers and 33x12.5x15 duratracs. I don't know the exact bolt pattern and specs i need to buy on DTD for the trackers. Also I would just like to know what others think of this setup. I need a tire thats good for about 400 miles of driving for school, highway speeds, around town, wet and rainy, snow, and of course trails and mud. I usually only drive in about 3 inches of snow but I have driven in 6-8 inches of storm if I NEED to get around. I am about 99% on road but trying to get more off road.

If anyone can think of anything else I might need for this setup, what they think of it for a first time jeeper, etc etc.

Thank you WF

dadrunamok 06-03-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njskater59 (Post 3820168)
Wheels and Tires: I have been looking at 15x8 Level 8 Trackers and 33x12.5x15 duratracs. I don't know the exact bolt pattern and specs i need to buy on DTD for the trackers. Also I would just like to know what others think of this setup. I need a tire thats good for about 400 miles of driving for school, highway speeds, around town, wet and rainy, snow, and of course trails and mud. I usually only drive in about 3 inches of snow but I have driven in 6-8 inches of storm if I NEED to get around. I am about 99% on road but trying to get more off road.

I'm about 400 miles into my Duratracs and I love 'em. I haven't had them in snow yet, but they are nice and grippy on wet roads. And they aren't terribly loud. There is a hum, but it's very faint, even at 70 mph with the doors off. I've wheeled them very lightly and I'm happy with that performance so far.

The bolt pattern for a stock JK is 5 on 5" or 5-127. If you call DTD, they will make sure that you end up with something that will work.

njskater59 06-03-2013 11:09 AM

Also, I bought my jeep in November with a 3 year extend warranty. I then had it fixed for JOG in December. What parts will be the most strained by the lift and tires and should I be worried about running into and warranty issues or a fight with the dealer to replace warrantied parts? My fried has a 4dr with a 2.5 in lift and 33s and he blew his front 30 and rear 44 and got them replaced under Chryslers limited lifetime drive terrain.

njskater59 06-04-2013 11:28 AM

Bump for more info. Also, any vendors selling this for a good price?

dawhitesJKU 06-04-2013 12:45 PM

amazon...total w/ shipping to my area is 455.00, and an employee from 4wp says their gonna have sales this weekend during jeep truck fest. i'm getting the same lift and spending $$ this weekend.

you won't need anything else with this kit, maybe some quick discos if u plan to go offroad. contact "jeep matt" for more personal questions since he takes his rig offroad very often and has the same kit.

Rancho 06-04-2013 12:49 PM

Make sure you get the correct P/N for the 2 door. There are a lot of good deals out there on this system, FYI. The one on Amazon maybe/could be for the 4 door. We are still trying to get this sorted out with Amazon, FYI.

RS66108BR9