Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   TeraFlex Leveling 1155200 Reviews (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/teraflex-leveling-1155200-reviews-246870.html)

ameration 06-03-2013 01:01 PM

TeraFlex Leveling 1155200 Reviews

If you have the TeraFlex Leveling Kit (2" front / 1" rear) installed on your JK, please post your reviews on it. Looks like this is what will be going on my wife's daily driver so I don't want any issues (shakes, shimmies, DW, etc...) for her as she likes the smooth factory ride of the Sahara but wants it a bit higher up.

Any recomendations about adding an adjustable track bar, taller bump stops, etc... that would make it drive / handle better?

Do you get too much roll / lean with the OEM shocks? It has 60k on the OEM shocks now but it still rides great.

Thanks for the help.

(Overall, based on the search feature results, it seems that most that have this installed are pleased with it. Just looking for a few additional details.)

marslim 06-03-2013 01:18 PM

Not sure if you're asking about the spacer kit or spring kit but I've had the spring kit on for the past 4 months and I'm super happy with it, stock shocks limit flexing ability slightly but it still drives great on and off road. The rest of my suspension/driveline is stock and no complaints here, you'll just have to adjust your trackbar slightly to get your steering wheel straight again

Eichster 06-03-2013 01:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I installed mine on a 2012 JKU sport a few montha ago with no problems. Pretty easy install the only thing i would recommend it retorque all the bolt's after around 300 miles or sooner. I found some loose one's which needed a good amount of tightening. As for ride not a change in my book it as good as it was when I first got it. I am very happy with it and the way it improves the stance of my jeep.Attachment 257229

ameration 06-03-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marslim (Post 3820892)
Not sure if you're asking about the spacer kit or spring kit but I've had the spring kit on for the past 4 months and I'm super happy with it, stock shocks limit flexing ability slightly but it still drives great on and off road. The rest of my suspension/driveline is stock and no complaints here, you'll just have to adjust your trackbar slightly to get your steering wheel straight again

The one I am asking about is the spacer kit.

I think you are talking about adjusting the turn buckle on the drag link (steering shaft), not the trackbar.

marslim 06-03-2013 01:44 PM

Yea it's the drag link, I wrote that quick wasn't really paying attention haha anyways the spacer kit should give you the same lift as my coil kit and everything has been good for me with no other modifications

Adam1 06-03-2013 02:06 PM

Installed mine in march on a 12 JKU Sahara. Really easy, took about 4 hrs in my garage with a floor jack and jack stands. I really couldn't tell any difference with the handling. The only issue I had was that it didn't completely "level" the jeep. The front is still noticeably lower than the rear.

ameration 06-03-2013 07:18 PM

Sounds like this will be the kit that I will end up getting.

Big Fran 06-03-2013 08:01 PM

This is the same kit I put on my JKU. Ride seems to be the same as before the leveling kit was on. TeraFlex leveling boost kit. Two one inch spacer pucks for the front and one one inch puck in the rear. It came with longer sway bar links for the front too.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psdb8c7088.jpg

Sanbagn 06-03-2013 09:00 PM

Got mine delivered today, tried to find a you tube video for it but was unsuccessful . Can someone point me in the right direction.

DarksideSix 06-04-2013 12:42 AM

Love mine. No handling issues of any kind.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/...ps09d3fb80.jpg

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1c65f4bc.jpg

Firstimejeep 06-07-2013 09:51 AM

Just purchased a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara and had same question about leveling kit which brought me to this forum. Thanks for info folks. I just ordered this kit and should be ready to install by next weekend. Just one more question; in the description it said that you may need spacers if you stay with the factory wheels, Why?

ameration 06-07-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firstimejeep (Post 3835608)
Just purchased a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara and had same question about leveling kit which brought me to this forum. Thanks for info folks. I just ordered this kit and should be ready to install by next weekend. Just one more question; in the description it said that you may need spacers if you stay with the factory wheels, Why?

You may need wheel spacers if you go with a wider tire. There is not that much clearance using the factory wheels and tires. Most people put larger tires on and the larger tires are usually wider, putting the tire closer to the suspension (or sometimes rubbing the suspension).

Did that answer your question?

Utm18 06-07-2013 10:43 AM

Installed the leveling kit on my 2012 jku Sahara, easy to install for the do it yourselfers. Happy with the results for $130.
No change in the ride.

TASARCTIC12 06-07-2013 10:47 AM

Had mine done a week ago..Really like it...

DozerJeeper 06-07-2013 11:58 AM

I put in the coil version and noticed the front sat a tad higher than the rear. The steering also felt a bit tighter. I agree with the re tightening the bolts after 300 miles as mine were coming loose as well. The springs do feel a bit stiffer than the stock springs, but it helps make the Jeep feel more connected to the road.

TeraFlex 06-07-2013 12:32 PM

Glad you guys are liking the kits. The spring kits will sit a little higher and the main reason for that is we spec our springs to be able to accept the additional weight of a winch and bumper with out falling below the published lift height.

DozerJeeper 06-07-2013 12:50 PM

True as advertised. It now sits level with the aftermarket plate bumper and winch installed. The front end dropped by barely 3/8th to 1/2 inch with 160+ lbs of winch and bumper.

Firstimejeep 06-07-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ameration (Post 3835736)
You may need wheel spacers if you go with a wider tire. There is not that much clearance using the factory wheels and tires. Most people put larger tires on and the larger tires are usually wider, putting the tire closer to the suspension (or sometimes rubbing the suspension).

Did that answer your question?

Yes, thanks alot. I wasn't really thinking of the width. I do plan on going a little larger in tire size when these wear out, but I was only thinking hight. When and if I do need spacers are there any you could recommend? I was checking into a full 2.5" lift at first but decided because of the miles I put on to just stick with the leveling kit, but while checking I heard some people don't recommend the spacers.

TeraFlex 06-07-2013 03:15 PM

If you put on a lot of miles a leveling kit is a good choice. The more you lift the Jeep the more air disturbance you have under the Jeep and the worse gas mileage you get.

931JK 06-08-2013 06:37 PM

Does this kit give you any added ground clearance or is it just for looks?

ESP 06-08-2013 06:40 PM

TF rep has some good info here.

Big Fran 06-08-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 931JK (Post 3839867)
Does this kit give you any added ground clearance or is it just for looks?

It lifted mine. Here are the pics...

Before...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps08ecad4d.jpg

After...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psdb8c7088.jpg

931JK 06-08-2013 07:04 PM

Great. Thanks big Fran

tomthbomb 06-09-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

If you have the TeraFlex Leveling Kit (2" front / 1" rear) installed on your JK, please post your reviews on it.
If you want to level your Jeep why raise it 2" front / 1" rear when you could raise it 1" in the front? Sounds like a low buck lift kit to me.

I just want the front raised 1". Do I have to get a kit that raises front and back or is there another alternative?

Big Fran 06-09-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomthbomb (Post 3842636)
If you want to level your Jeep why raise it 2" front / 1" rear when you could raise it 1" in the front? Sounds like a low buck lift kit to me.

I just want the front raised 1". Do I have to get a kit that raises front and back or is there another alternative?

TeraFlex calls it a leveling boost kit. You can just add one inch puck to the front if you just want to level your JK.

TeraFlex leveling kit,http://www.teraflex.biz/leveling-kit-2007-wrangler.html

Peter T 06-09-2013 05:40 PM

I put the hole kit on. Did it in the driveway. Have had no problems. I like the look of it better

Attachment 259563

Attachment 259564

Son in laws Rubi mine is just a bit taller than his factory stance.

nickgbp 06-09-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomthbomb (Post 3842636)

This is what I did for my 13 JKU Sahara, installed the 1 inch pucks in the front...it still is lower in the front, but not by much. No pic, sorry. :hide:
Teraflex 1953075 - TeraFlex 1" Front Coil Spacer for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

tomthbomb 06-09-2013 06:46 PM

Is it possible to buy just the front pucks or do I have to buy the whole kit and chunk the others?

nickgbp 06-09-2013 06:52 PM

You can just buy the pucks... click on my link above... that price is for each puck.

Big Fran 06-09-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomthbomb (Post 3842874)
Is it possible to buy just the front pucks or do I have to buy the whole kit and chunk the others?

This is the TreaFlex kit with just 2 one inch pucks.
http://www.teraflex.biz/leveling-kit-2007-wrangler.html