Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Colorado Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/)
-   -   Childrens Hospital- (West) Contingent (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/childrens-hospital-west-contingent-247297.html)

Colo-TJ 06-05-2013 08:30 AM

Childrens Hospital- (West) Contingent

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/chi...un-242631.html
I am thinking that any of us that live on the west side of town can meet up and caravan to the MHS parking lot together. who would be down for that?
These kids could really use some help so if there is anyone in the Denver metro area that can't go but would still like to donate a toy or 4 please PM me and I would be happy to meet up with you somewhere prior to the event and carry them for you.
As John said in his post they do a lot for the kids that can't afford anything else as well as the families. Here is the link to their webpage. Just spend a little time looking it over. This is well worth the time and effort.
Welcome to Children's Hospital Colorado - Children's Hospital Colorado-Denver Area, Rocky Mountain Region
Also they have a wish list for the donations and here is that link.
http://www.childrenscolorado.org/pdf...%20Ongoing.pdf
So if there is any way that you can help it would be AWESOME!!! Tell your friends and family and Hopefully we will need to find a Jeep trailer or 4 to haul all these toys for them.
In our Jeep world we spend time helping each other when there is a need and don't think twice about it. Now we have an opportunity to help those that can't help themselves and the privilege of being part of a great "day-maker " to some kids. The toy that you were to donate could very well be the instrument that brings some sweet little kids inspiration back.
Thanks to everyone in advance for helping this wonderful cause!
Chad
Meet at the Truck Stop at 44th and Kipling at 0745
Main Parking lot
on the south side
(June 29th)

Sinister6 06-05-2013 09:25 AM

Well said Chad! :thumb:

LadyTJ 06-05-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinister6 (Post 3827797)
well said chad! :thumb:

x2 :D

4PlayHusker 06-05-2013 10:45 AM

I have a little trailer if we need it to haul the toys...

Colo-TJ 06-05-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4PlayHusker (Post 3827992)
I have a little trailer if we need it to haul the toys...

Lets hope so. :D

Colo-TJ 06-06-2013 10:49 AM

Bump

JOCJK 06-06-2013 10:57 AM

I would like to participate but that is the day we are leaving for vacation and I'm not sure I'll be able to get down to Denver at 8:30 that morning. Would love to get some toys to someone beforehand and maybe meet up for the afternoon run before we head to the airport.

Since I run a local radio station I could add the toy drive to our Live DJ reads and website encouraging people to come to the station to drop stuff off. Maybe with a cutoff date of the week prior to make arrangements to get the toys to some before Saturday the 29th. Does that sound like a workable idea to anyone?

4PlayHusker 06-06-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOCJK (Post 3831917)
I would like to participate but that is the day we are leaving for vacation and I'm not sure I'll be able to get down to Denver at 8:30 that morning. Would love to get some toys to someone beforehand and maybe meet up for the afternoon run before we head to the airport.

Since I run a local radio station I could add the toy drive to our Live DJ reads and website encouraging people to come to the station to drop stuff off. Maybe with a cutoff date of the week prior to make arrangements to get the toys to some before Saturday the 29th. Does that sound like a workable idea to anyone?

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Sounds like a good plan. I could meet you in the middle to take the toys for you.

Colo-TJ 06-06-2013 11:21 AM

Workable???????Hell yeah!!
I will come up there and pick them up

Colo-TJ 06-11-2013 08:15 AM

Bump as well

1quick1 06-11-2013 09:26 AM

subscribing. I can't remember if I'm free that day. If I am I'm in.

And man I just looked at the wish list. I pretty much just gave away about 15 xbox 360 games a week ago. Bummer.

Colo-TJ 06-13-2013 08:13 AM

Looks like I picked up a few more rigs coming from my Job......This is a great opportunity to do some good in this crazy world. Come on guys......once again if you need to to pick something up from you and carry it with me don't be shy.
If it's to difficult for you to shop for a toy then next time your at the store grab up a gift card and they will go get what they need at the time.
Thanks to those that have already helped out!!!!

Colo-TJ 06-13-2013 02:38 PM

Now this would be a cool gift for one of the kids........
http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/...ps529ef751.jpg

Colo-TJ 06-14-2013 12:39 PM

Got some more toys lined up!! Keep them coming!!!

1quick1 06-15-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colo-TJ (Post 3857564)
Now this would be a cool gift for one of the kids........
http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/...ps529ef751.jpg

I've been looking for one of these? Where did you find it?

4PlayHusker 06-17-2013 09:33 AM

bump

LadyTJ 06-21-2013 02:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My first donation from a co-worker! Woot! :)

Attachment 264245

Colo-TJ 06-21-2013 06:15 PM

WOOHOO!!!!!
Keep them coming!!!!!!

JeepandMud 06-23-2013 12:37 AM

Went and got a good size bag filled for the kids and adults. Was asked at Walmart why I was buying newborn toys and headphones. Told him why and he said he'll have to do this when he gets off work :thumb:

4PlayHusker 06-24-2013 11:29 AM

Just got a couple bags of goodies for the kids here at work.

Hopefully jeep is fixed before Saturday. I sure dont wanna miss this.

Colo-TJ 06-24-2013 12:19 PM

WOOHOO!!!!!
Time is now for anyone that wants to donate. The run is this Saturday

Colo-TJ 06-25-2013 10:07 AM

Still Time!! Get those toys
:thumb::D

CoreyZ 06-25-2013 11:04 AM

GF picked up $50 worth of toys yesterday.... all we could afford right now sadly. Looking forward to meeting up with everyone and hopefully making some kids happy!

Sinister6 06-25-2013 01:19 PM

Corey that's AWESOME! I've had friends give $10 gift cards in the end it adds up!!

Colo-TJ 06-25-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreyz (Post 3897669)
gf picked up $50 worth of toys yesterday.... All we could afford right now sadly. Looking forward to meeting up with everyone and hopefully making some kids happy!

woot!!!!

sevenservices 06-25-2013 01:28 PM

Great things your doing for sure. Keep up the good work and positive outlook.

You never know what will change a kids perspective for sure. I was in the hospital when I was 7 for almost two months. I remember more than anything a remote control truck my uncle brought in for me that I was able to use for running up and down the hallway to the nurses station instead of hitting my button lol. They'd see the little truck come up (I could hear it going down the hallway) then I'd turn around and drive it back the room I was tethered to the bed in. The nurses loved it and they'd follow my little truck back in to see what I needed. :)

My case, I fell out of a tree and broke my femer. I had to have cables and pins and all sorts of crap to hold my leg together and pull the bones back into place (traction) before I was able to even get into a body cast. Then, once the cast came off my leg was about as skinny as my arm and I had almost a year of therapy and a wheelchair until I could to learn to walk again on my own. I def. learned really fast how bad kids with disabilities have a hard time fitting in. All I did was break my leg... Not cancer, not abnormalities, but because I had a wheelchair and walker I was teased horribly be people at school to the point of tears over and over. I guess some kids need to do that shit to feel better about themselves.

I guess it made me who I am today. I have a very deep level of simpathy for kids after all that. Adults to, anyone who is different I guess. People need to be nice to other human beings, period.

JeepandMud 06-25-2013 01:46 PM

Chad, I'm hoping to get the clearance letter by Thursday. Where did you want to meet up and at what time? I know you work, so not sure when would be good for you.

LadyTJ 06-25-2013 03:02 PM

Amy, it might be easier to meet with me. I will make sure Chad gets them tho ;) I'll PM you my number

LadyTJ 06-25-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sevenservices (Post 3898105)
Great things your doing for sure. Keep up the good work and positive outlook.

You never know what will change a kids perspective for sure. I was in the hospital when I was 7 for almost two months. I remember more than anything a remote control truck my uncle brought in for me that I was able to use for running up and down the hallway to the nurses station instead of hitting my button lol. They'd see the little truck come up (I could hear it going down the hallway) then I'd turn around and drive it back the room I was tethered to the bed in. The nurses loved it and they'd follow my little truck back in to see what I needed. :)

My case, I fell out of a tree and broke my femer. I had to have cables and pins and all sorts of crap to hold my leg together and pull the bones back into place (traction) before I was able to even get into a body cast. Then, once the cast came off my leg was about as skinny as my arm and I had almost a year of therapy and a wheelchair until I could to learn to walk again on my own. I def. learned really fast how bad kids with disabilities have a hard time fitting in. All I did was break my leg... Not cancer, not abnormalities, but because I had a wheelchair and walker I was teased horribly be people at school to the point of tears over and over. I guess some kids need to do that shit to feel better about themselves.

I guess it made me who I am today. I have a very deep level of simpathy for kids after all that. Adults to, anyone who is different I guess. People need to be nice to other human beings, period.

Great story! My son was there as a newborn and the staff was incredible! Our group certainly tries to give back in any way we can. Life has its way of teaching us all the lessons we need and I'm glad you learned from your misfortune. :)

4PlayHusker 06-26-2013 08:21 AM

WHOOOOHOOOO Just got another bag of toys from a co worker....