Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Seat belt reminder (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/seat-belt-reminder-247686.html)

Dubler 06-06-2013 07:13 PM

Seat belt reminder
 
Curious if anyone knows how to disengage the seatbelt warning beep on a 2013 JKU.

Up Hill Bill 06-06-2013 07:22 PM

Can't be completely disabled, but you can do a steering wheel dance so the alarm still chimes when you first start the engine without a belt on, but it doesn't continue to chime.

I'll see if I can find it before someone else does.....


EDIT:

Here it is:

Remove Seat Belt Reminder Chime -Enhanced Seat Belt Use Reminder System
(BeltAlert
_) –Removed from current manual – Says to go to dealer.
NOTE: The following steps must occur within the first
60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the
ON/RUN or START position. Chrysler Group LLC does
not recommend deactivating BeltAlert.
1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and
buckle the driver’s seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position (do
not start the engine), and wait for the Seat Belt Reminder
Light to turn off.
3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle
and then re-buckle the driver’s seat belt at least three
times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt fastened.


I found it here: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/man...le-155357.html

hat tip to Rooster76

IORRichie 06-07-2013 10:03 AM

-Get in jeep and close door
-Put seatbelt on
-Turn key to "on" position. Do not start!
-With key on and within 15 sec unbuckle and re buckle 3 times, ending in the buckled position.
-jeep should chime.
-Shut key off completely

And test. You should be chimless. Although light will still illuminate.


Also this does completely disable any audible seatbelt chimes.

l2abbit 06-07-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IORRichie (Post 3835638)
-Get in jeep and close door
-Put seatbelt on
-Turn key to "on" position. Do not start!
-With key on and within 15 sec unbuckle and re buckle 3 times, ending in the buckled position.
-jeep should chime.
-Shut key off completely

And test. You should be chimless. Although light will still illuminate.

Also this does completely disable any audible seatbelt chimes.

Boom

nvkid 06-07-2013 11:09 AM

Use a fake end. I made one out of plastic.

joeg679 06-07-2013 02:58 PM

The ignition thing works. The light will still be lit, but no chime. Comes in handy if you're just driving around your block or somewhere at a slow speed and don't want to hear that annoying chime.

LewdDude 06-07-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IORRichie (Post 3835638)
-Get in jeep and close door
-Put seatbelt on
-Turn key to "on" position. Do not start!
-With key on and within 15 sec unbuckle and re buckle 3 times, ending in the buckled position.
-jeep should chime.
-Shut key off completely

And test. You should be chimless. Although light will still illuminate.

Also this does completely disable any audible seatbelt chimes.

Freakin' awesome! You rock!

Dogzilla 06-08-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvkid (Post 3835802)
Use a fake end. I made one out of plastic.

I made one out of a piece of aluminum. The steering wheel dance or the buckling thing will turn the chime off, but the light stays on. The fake end turns it all off.

rundm 06-09-2013 04:05 AM

I have been looking for this also.

angry pug 06-09-2013 04:36 AM

Just get one of these: Carbon Fiber Safty Seat Belt Buckle Alarm Stopper Null Insert for Car Truck SUV | eBay

PRWhitby 06-10-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IORRichie (Post 3835638)
-Get in jeep and close door
-Put seatbelt on
-Turn key to "on" position. Do not start!
-With key on and within 15 sec unbuckle and re buckle 3 times, ending in the buckled position.
-jeep should chime.
-Shut key off completely

And test. You should be chimless. Although light will still illuminate.


Also this does completely disable any audible seatbelt chimes.

I sat in my Jeep for a good 15 minutes trying this yesterday. There's gotta be something missing. I KNOW I can count to 3. I'm assuming that the implied step of "put in key" would be directly after "put seatbelt on". While it did chime at me every time I unbuckled, I never got it to chime at the end as some sort of an indicator that it worked successfully.

Xena1 06-12-2013 01:09 PM

I went to the junkyard and got two seat belt clips (ends) and clip them in. No chimes or lights. Older jeep ones work with a little grinding to get size right.

Argent 06-12-2013 01:13 PM

or you could just put your seat belt on like everyone else :hide:

derf 06-12-2013 01:40 PM

Why wouldn't you wear a seat belt? That disables the chime and the light on the dash. And it keeps you from getting killed or seriously hurt in a crash.

PRWhitby 06-12-2013 02:05 PM

For me, I have OCD "issues" with chimes. While I do always wear a seat belt, I don't normally get buckled in before starting the Jeep. Compounded when I used to go to an oil change place, and they have 3 vehicles in the bays, all with the doors open, and key in the ignition, all chiming away. I start freaking out and have to leave.

Up Hill Bill 06-12-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 3853368)
Why wouldn't you wear a seat belt? ...

I wear a seat/sholder belt religiously in vehicles, and in other equipment.

But, I do NOT wear the belt when working close to deep water, where any mistake and I'm in the drink. Learned that from tractor work - I think you'll find that advise in some equipment safety instructions - used to any way.

Abdul-Hakeem 06-12-2013 03:45 PM

What is worse, whatever tells the Jeep the belt is buckled broke in mine. So even though I wear it 100% of the time, the warning is going off every minute or two. I can't program it because it doesn't detect buckling or unbuckling. I've just stopped caring, it doesn't bother me any more, but passengers HATE it. :D

dpostman 06-12-2013 04:01 PM

I disabled mine. I also wear my seat belt all the time on street and highway. But during hunting season, when just idling down a dirt road at 5 or 10 mph, and we keep jumping in and out of our truck/jeep or whatever, we don't wear seat belts.

dp

IORRichie 06-12-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRWhitby (Post 3845833)
I sat in my Jeep for a good 15 minutes trying this yesterday. There's gotta be something missing. I KNOW I can count to 3. I'm assuming that the implied step of "put in key" would be directly after "put seatbelt on". While it did chime at me every time I unbuckled, I never got it to chime at the end as some sort of an indicator that it worked successfully.

sounds like you had a door open, were in drive or actually started the vehicle. as the chime should not make any noise until the very end when you turn key to off position.

PRWhitby 06-12-2013 04:35 PM

Nope. Door closed.
Buckled seat belt.
Put key in; turned to "On" (did not start).
Unbuckle, buckle, unbuckle, buckle, unbuckle, buckle.
Turned key to "Off".
Removed key.
Opened / closed door.
Tested (failed).

dpostman 06-12-2013 04:55 PM

after you turn the key to "on" you must wait for the seat belt light in dash to go off before you do the unbuckle-buckle sequence.

IORRichie 06-12-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRWhitby (Post 3853929)
Nope. Door closed.
Buckled seat belt.
Put key in; turned to "On" (did not start).
Unbuckle, buckle, unbuckle, buckle, unbuckle, buckle.
Turned key to "Off".
Removed key.
Opened / closed door.
Tested (failed).

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpostman (Post 3854002)
after you turn the key to "on" you must wait for the seat belt light in dash to go off before you do the unbuckle-buckle sequence.

yes this!

jkmohican 06-12-2013 06:37 PM

Yeah I just saw this thread and tried it and mines off now. Only the little light. Now I have to figure out how to shut off my stupid tpms light...

RB-10rubicon 06-12-2013 08:29 PM

Did mine last week it worked the first time .im the first person to work were im at (car dealeship) so i unlock gate and shut off alarm.so when i get back in and drive to the back of the lot the stupid chime would be going crazy .its perfect for just these short drives.

Rubiconjeepster 06-12-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LewdDude (Post 3837238)

Freakin' awesome! You rock!

Why didnt this work for me?

PRWhitby 06-12-2013 09:05 PM

Maybe I need to make a video of this so someone can see what I'm doing wrong. Clearly it ain't working for me.

Here is specifically what I'm doing:
1. Get into Jeep; close door.
2. Buckle seat belt.
3. Turn key to "On" (2nd position (1st = accessories, 2nd = On, beyond that = Crank))
4. Wait for the seat belt light to go off.
5. Unbuckle, buckle; unbuckle, buckle; unbuckle, buckle (all 3 within 15 seconds).
6. Turn key to "Off" and remove key.
7. Unbuckle.
8. Open & close door.
9. With seat belt unbuckled, I turn back to "On". Still chimes.

Are there other "waiting periods" that I need to be inserting?

Rubiconjeepster 06-12-2013 09:18 PM

Mine still chimes help!

PRWhitby 06-12-2013 09:23 PM

I also love the published instructions. In step 2, they're very clear to say "do not start the engine." However, in step 3, they now say, "Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle..." So does that mean that after you wait for the light to go off, then you actually start the Jeep, then do all the unbuckling/buckling?

Mcrock 06-12-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRWhitby (Post 3855037)
Maybe I need to make a video of this so someone can see what I'm doing wrong. Clearly it ain't working for me.

Here is specifically what I'm doing:
1. Get into Jeep; close door.
2. Buckle seat belt.
3. Turn key to "On" (2nd position (1st = accessories, 2nd = On, beyond that = Crank))
4. Wait for the seat belt light to go off.
5. Unbuckle, buckle; unbuckle, buckle; unbuckle, buckle (all 3 within 15 seconds).
6. Turn key to "Off" and remove key.
7. Unbuckle.
8. Open & close door.
9. With seat belt unbuckled, I turn back to "On". Still chimes.

Are there other "waiting periods" that I need to be inserting?

After you do the buckle thing, you should hear one chime...then turn the key to 'off'. Maybe your turning key off before it chimes.

Rubiconjeepster 06-12-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mcrock (Post 3855170)

After you do the buckle thing, you should hear one chime...then turn the key to 'off'. Maybe your turning key off before it chimes.

Didnt work for me.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 AM.