Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   About to Pull the Trigger on a Zone 3" Kit (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/about-to-pull-the-trigger-on-a-zone-3-kit-247836.html)

Gov875 06-07-2013 03:12 PM

About to Pull the Trigger on a Zone 3" Kit
 
So i've got the Zone 3" lift kit with nitro shocks and the steering stabilizer in my cart all set to be shipped to my place for $484. Anyone know if this is a good deal or if they know somewhere i can do better?

I'm going to drill the hole for the track bar to save some money for now and i'm not getting quick disconnects yet. Are there any other items someone who got this kit recommends i get at the same time? Thanks!

adodderer 06-07-2013 03:48 PM

From what I've read the zone kits are great. I just ordered the 4.25" combo kit from Derran at Rockridge4wd. I got hooked up with the nitro shock upgrade for free and free shipping. I would check with him to see if he can give you an estimate and beat that price. He's in the vendor section of this forum.

Gov875 06-07-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adodderer (Post 3836483)
From what I've read the zone kits are great. I just ordered the 4.25" combo kit from Derran at Rockridge4wd. I got hooked up with the nitro shock upgrade for free and free shipping. I would check with him to see if he can give you an estimate and beat that price. He's in the vendor section of this forum.

Thanks. I spoke with him and he could get me a good deal but not quite as good as this. Tough to say no at this price but you never know if someone can do even better.

Dextreme 06-07-2013 05:02 PM

Look for the kit on ebay sold by RockRidge4wd...should be free shipping that way.

3" Suspension Lift Kit by Zone Offroad Jeep Wrangler TJ LJ Rubicon 97 06 J2 J3 | eBay

Gov875 06-07-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dextreme (Post 3836725)
Look for the kit on ebay sold by RockRidge4wd...should be free shipping that way.

3" Suspension Lift Kit by Zone Offroad Jeep Wrangler TJ LJ Rubicon 97 06 J2 J3 | eBay

thanks! i checked that out too and it's a good deal just doesn't include the steering stabilizer which will bump it up to ~$490. That's pretty close but not quite as good. Maybe it's time to just order it at the price i'd already found... thanks again for another option!

larjeep 06-07-2013 06:54 PM

Just order it. Zone is god kit for the money.

1998 TJ 06-10-2013 10:55 PM

I have the zone 4 inch on my 04 TJ and I love it, it rides nice and in the woods it flexes very well. It is a very good kit.!

Bigkidneys 06-11-2013 01:40 PM

Love my 4 inch kit too. Best you can do as far as savings at most will be free shipping in most cases depending on who you order through. I paid about $500 for my 4in kit which included shipping to the local dealer who installed it for me. Just didn't have the time, space and tools to get it done.

Owen_TJ 06-11-2013 01:45 PM

I've had my zone kit for about 2 years now and love it...currently running nitro shocks as well.

you wont be disappointed so just order it and call it a day

YjKalamity 06-11-2013 01:48 PM

I run the zone 3" and I ended up putting on a 1" mml and body lift to help eliminate vibes seeing as the 1" t-case drop wasn't enough. I still have some vibes, but it's minor. I also ended up putting in cam bolts to adjust my caster to eliminate my death wobble.

Gov875 06-11-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YjKalamity (Post 3849237)
I run the zone 3" and I ended up putting on a 1" mml and body lift to help eliminate vibes seeing as the 1" t-case drop wasn't enough. I still have some vibes, but it's minor. I also ended up putting in cam bolts to adjust my caster to eliminate my death wobble.

Wow hadn't heard of many people having to do all that with the zone 3". Was hoping it would be more of a simple install and enjoy situation...

WVU Mountainman 06-11-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gov875 (Post 3849819)

Wow hadn't heard of many people having to do all that with the zone 3". Was hoping it would be more of a simple install and enjoy situation...

Unfortunately all Jeeps are different. I installed a 2" coil lift and it was a PIA to eliminate the driveline vibrations. I had to install a 1" MML and nearly 1" worth of TC skid drop. Some people lift 3-4" with no issue. I wasn't so lucky.

JeepReaper09 06-11-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gov875 (Post 3849819)

Wow hadn't heard of many people having to do all that with the zone 3". Was hoping it would be more of a simple install and enjoy situation...

Like mountainman said all jeeps are different. I just finished ny zone 3" install and haven't had any issues (knock on wood).

Gov875 06-11-2013 05:30 PM

understood on the all jeeps different. i'll probably just do this and cross my fingers it goes well...

WVU Mountainman 06-11-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gov875 (Post 3849970)
understood on the all jeeps different. i'll probably just do this and cross my fingers it goes well...

I wish you the best buddy. Either way you will not regret it. Even with my headaches fixing my driveline vibrations, I used it as a learning experience with my Jeep. I learned lots of things and definitely would do it again had I known the issues I would encounter.

Jeff

Bulldogranger 06-11-2013 08:23 PM

I'm running the Zone 4" lift with 1" transfer case drop. Kit came with the springs and new lower control arms. I went ahead and got the front adjustable track bar when I installed it. Now I have new Currie front upper adjustable control arms, new Rock Krawler rear upper adjustable control arms, and an Advanced Adapters SYE kit with new Tom Woods CV driveshaft all sitting in my garage waiting to get installed this weekend. I don't have an issue with the Zone kit itself, but you will be spending more money in the long run. For that price and the amount of lift, you really can't go wrong.

biggus35 06-11-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigkidneys (Post 3849216)
Love my 4 inch kit too. Best you can do as far as savings at most will be free shipping in most cases depending on who you order through. I paid about $500 for my 4in kit which included shipping to the local dealer who installed it for me. Just didn't have the time, space and tools to get it done.

Just wondering what it cost you to have it installed?

Jame 06-12-2013 08:24 PM

Hey Bulldog.....what did you do to help eliminate your driveline vibes???

I just finished my zone 3" SL 1.25" BL and have some vibrations going on after alignment. I'm not sure what to do to help get rid of them....I'm a novice with automotive stuff. Any suggestions to try??

It's more pronounced at slower speeds and with my foot on the gas...if I go faster or coast they subside quite a bit. Any ideas????

Missoulatj 06-12-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame (Post 3854493)
Hey Bulldog.....what did you do to help eliminate your driveline vibes???

I just finished my zone 3" SL 1.25" BL and have some vibrations going on after alignment. I'm not sure what to do to help get rid of them....I'm a novice with automotive stuff. Any suggestions to try??

It's more pronounced at slower speeds and with my foot on the gas...if I go faster or coast they subside quite a bit. Any ideas????

Do you have a motor mount lift installed as well?

If not installing one should help.

Jame 06-12-2013 10:45 PM

Yep I have the 1" MML that came with the kit. I guess after doing a lot of reading it's going to be a transfer case drop. I don't have the cash for the SYE and drive shaft change now and she is my daily drive so I can't keep driving it with the vibrations before some serious damage happens. I am a but worried about my U joints after this alignment so I don't want to put any more stress on them then necessary right now. I'm hoping this will ease up the vibrations...they are not terrible but defiantly noticeable and not something to ignore.

Missoulatj 06-13-2013 12:11 PM

I have a used Zone TC drop if your interested. It was on my LJ for about a year.

thecheezman 06-13-2013 01:17 PM

Before you order check out this thread. Allan is a vendor and he might be able to get you what you need. I ordered my lift through him.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f123/zo...-74536-22.html

Jame 06-19-2013 11:32 PM

Missoulatj......yeah I would be interested in the kit. Do you still have everything for it...parts and pieces ?? What do you want for it?? Let me know and thanks.

Missoulatj 06-20-2013 02:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame (Post 3879811)
Missoulatj......yeah I would be interested in the kit. Do you still have everything for it...parts and pieces ?? What do you want for it?? Let me know and thanks.

Someone else PMed me about it already, but if they don't take it, it's yours $25 shipped I'm missing the washers (I think I reused them) but the rest is there.

Attachment 263806

Missoulatj 06-20-2013 05:59 PM

This kit is for a 03-06 tj I just looked at ur profile looks like you have a 99 so I don't think it will work

flynbyu 06-20-2013 09:57 PM

just put the 3 inch kit in. It is a nice kit for the price and feels good on the road. I got the vibes and have to still do the transfer drop this wknd.

JeepandMud 06-21-2013 12:50 AM

The 4.25" combo is about that price as well. Which is the route I went.

Jame 06-21-2013 08:44 PM

Yeah...it won't work then....mines a 99.

I don't think it would have mattered anyway. I put 280lbs of sand in back to see if lowering the rear would make a difference and it didn't. So even if the kit was right I don't think it would have helped me. Still have the god awful racket under the floor. But thanks for the offer.

Missoulatj 06-22-2013 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame (Post 3886982)
Yeah...it won't work then....mines a 99.

I don't think it would have mattered anyway. I put 280lbs of sand in back to see if lowering the rear would make a difference and it didn't. So even if the kit was right I don't think it would have helped me. Still have the god awful racket under the floor. But thanks for the offer.

No problem, good luck finding a solution to your probLems


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 PM.