Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Oklahoma Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f54/)
-   -   Offroading near Inola? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f54/offroading-near-inola-247948.html)

TreyJK 06-08-2013 01:39 AM

Offroading near Inola?

Does anyone know a good place to go off roading near Inola or Catoosa?

MudRok Black Sheep 07-15-2013 12:13 PM

Hey Trey, head to Disney... best place. i have a small group headed there this weekend if you wanna join

TreyJK 07-15-2013 01:01 PM

Thanks! But I'll have to take a rain check on this weekend but maybe another time. What's your groups name? I definitely need some people to go wheeling with!

McCracka 10-01-2013 10:17 PM

Take the trail from the lock off lock and damn road. It runs from the lock to an old park that was shut down.

TreyJK 10-02-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McCracka (Post 5017121)
Take the trail from the lock off lock and damn road. It runs from the lock to an old park that was shut down.

I've went on top of the ridge to the right of the lock and dam and it splits off in two, I know the left side (closest to the river) is a dead end but I haven't checked out the right side. Is this trail what you are talking about?

McCracka 10-02-2013 11:49 AM

The right side has a long trail that leads to the old park. There is a rock section and a steep creek section. The only part of the trail I'm unsure of is if there is still a bridge over some water. The bridge was large enough for a jeep but it may need to be widened again. I'm grew up in inola and know the trail well

TreyJK 10-03-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McCracka (Post 5030081)
The right side has a long trail that leads to the old park. There is a rock section and a steep creek section. The only part of the trail I'm unsure of is if there is still a bridge over some water. The bridge was large enough for a jeep but it may need to be widened again. I'm grew up in inola and know the trail well

Awesome! Thanks for the info, I might try to go back there this weekend.

bronc 02-17-2014 10:45 PM

New guy here... so how far can you go down this trail?? I went a little past the bend and the mud holes were deep as hell.

TreyJK 02-19-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronc (Post 8355841)
New guy here... so how far can you go down this trail?? I went a little past the bend and the mud holes were deep as hell.

I was talking to a friend and he told me that the trail gets so small, a four wheeler can barely get through so I never did try to take my jeep all the way down it.

bronc 02-21-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TreyJK (Post 8393873)
I was talking to a friend and he told me that the trail gets so small, a four wheeler can barely get through so I never did try to take my jeep all the way down it.

thanks bud, think I'll take the 4 wheeler down there and check it out before I explore much further down the trail in the jeep.

TreyJK 02-23-2014 08:28 PM

Sounds good, post on here if you find out anything else!