Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Nevada Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f56/)
-   -   Off-road group?? Local Off-road shops (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f56/off-road-group-local-off-road-shops-248120.html)

ACE8951 06-08-2013 11:14 PM

Off-road group?? Local Off-road shops
 
I am new to Las Vegas and I am looking for a good local off-road shop. I am also looking for a good off-road group to join. Any help would be great. I just moved here from Tucson, there was some great off-roaring there, and a great group of people.

RepairMan 06-09-2013 12:02 AM

There are informal 4wd trips on here from time to time and several of us head out with the Desert Wranglers on a regular basis.

"DESERT WRANGLERS" A Jeep Wrangler Club (Henderson, NV) - Meetup

ACE8951 06-09-2013 02:39 AM

Great I will check that out and hopefully get out sometime soon.

ACE8951 06-09-2013 02:41 AM

Any thoughts on a good local shop? I think I need to have my lift looked at and a few parts replaced. Really don't want to go to some random shop that is going to tell me i need to do more work than I really need.

jokerchief462 06-09-2013 10:30 AM

Adams Driveshaft in Henderson. Went in last week dropped a D30 off for a regear. John is who I dealt with and we seem to get along great. We will see how their work is but they have a good rep here on the forums. Check out their Facebook page and the website. They come highly recommended.

It was my first time there so I will find out more this week when I get the axle back. Prices are competitive but they seem much more friendly than 4X4 on Decatur.

ACE8951 06-09-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jokerchief462 (Post 3841411)
Adams Driveshaft in Henderson. Went in last week dropped a D30 off for a regear. John is who I dealt with and we seem to get along great. We will see how their work is but they have a good rep here on the forums. Check out their Facebook page and the website. They come highly recommended.

It was my first time there so I will find out more this week when I get the axle back. Prices are competitive but they seem much more friendly than 4X4 on Decatur.

Thanks jokerchief, I will check them out. I assume your username has something to do with your retired rank?

jokerchief462 06-09-2013 01:43 PM

Been retired 10 years and was the Chief in a squadron called the Jokers!!!

So I kept the name when I left. Looking forward to meeting you. We have a loose informal group here and post up local runs when we go somewhere so fee free to jump in anywhere and maybe get out and do a little wheelin. Its a little slow with the heat right now but something will come up probably after Fathers day.

ACE8951 06-09-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jokerchief462 (Post 3841917)
Been retired 10 years and was the Chief in a squadron called the Jokers!!!

So I kept the name when I left. Looking forward to meeting you. We have a loose informal group here and post up local runs when we go somewhere so fee free to jump in anywhere and maybe get out and do a little wheelin. Its a little slow with the heat right now but something will come up probably after Fathers day.

Awesome! Can't wait to get out there. I'm currently a 6C (contracting).

LV.Wrangler.13 06-09-2013 01:58 PM

Welcome to Nevada ACE8951!




Steve

mattdenney07 06-09-2013 02:07 PM

I've run with the WarMachines702 guys in the past. Great group of Jeepers.

Xodius 06-10-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattdenney07 (Post 3842002)
I've run with the WarMachines702 guys in the past. Great group of Jeepers.

X2 plus I run with repairman from time to time. Been busy here getting ready for my son. Eta end of July. :) if you ever want to do a run shot me a message. I try to go out on Saturdays. I like Sunday to veg and do a few small things around the house. I am up in the NW part of the valley.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.