Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

P0441 and gas spewing related?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Mughandles 
#1 ·
So I have had p0441 coming on and off and have decided its no longer the gas cap so the other day I'm filling up and I hear the tank getting close to full and instead of clicking off it spews gas back out of me. So my question is is my incorrect purge flow and my gas spewing point me to the same problem or do I have 2 different issues. Also I took a look at the filler tube and the evap canister hoses they seem fine no dry rot or cracks that I can see and my tj is an 04 really hopin you guys can help me out

#3 ·
I don't know why gas would come out at you, sounds like a defective gas pump (as in the gas station gas pump). My 97 TJ has the same code, and what I'm reading here is that you may need a new purge valve and charcoal canister. The 0441 is "no purge flow" and can be caused by issues with the purge valve malfunctioning or a line being blocked (probably with charcoal bits). I did all of the above last week and on Saturday it threw the same code again (Just Empty Every Pocket) :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.