Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Difficult problem turns out to be simple (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/difficult-problem-turns-out-to-be-simple-248498.html)

jeepman2525 06-10-2013 08:03 PM

Difficult problem turns out to be simple

I finally fixed my jeep today after 5 days of working on it. The start of the problem was it would stall at times. Then it did it all the time. Once operating temperature was reached it would stall and i could only go about 10 mph. I replaced the upstream o2 sensor, crankshaft position sensor, cam sensor, new plugs, coil pack, coolant temperature sensor, radiator, cut out CAT, new water pump, thermostat, fresh anitfreeze, and recently about 5 months ago new airtex fuel pump, cleaned out tank and new filters. I was stumped finally after taking to a buddys house we found that the 7 month old fuel pump was the problem it would start and run just fine for 10-15 mins then stall. on startup 50 psi at fuel rail and when stall only 10. usually dont have any problem fixing my jeep i tend to do all maintenance and repair myself. dont really trust any mechanics where i live. just thought i would post this if anyone else is thinking about blowing the dang thing up like i was.

Tjmike003 06-10-2013 08:06 PM

I usually change out everything in my jeep when I can't figure out what's wrong too.

thgr8alex 06-10-2013 10:22 PM

The worst feeling is when you replace something and get all excited right before you start her up cuz the noise will be gone and the noise is still there...

hosejockey61 06-10-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thgr8alex (Post 3847429)
The worst feeling is when you replace something and get all excited right before you start her up cuz the noise will be gone and the noise is still there...

AKA wife in the garage b!tchin at you! :rofl:

thgr8alex 06-10-2013 11:13 PM

Haha wastin away all the money on the dang jeep

UFOtestpilot 06-11-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tjmike003 (Post 3846719)
I usually change out everything in my jeep when I can't figure out what's wrong too.

I detect a slight tinge of sarcasm here, so I'll take the liberty of translating from my sarcasamographier:

It's generally a good idea to narrow down the problem by performing a series of scientific tests that show empirical proof prior to engaging in erroneous replacing of parts.

OP: Glad you got it fixed though, finally.

arcountryboy 06-11-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFOtestpilot (Post 3847779)
I detect a slight tinge of sarcasm here, so I'll take the liberty of translating from my sarcasamographier:

It's generally a good idea to narrow down the problem by performing a series of scientific tests that show empirical proof prior to engaging in erroneous replacing of parts.

OP: Glad you got it fixed though, finally.

:rofl: My sarcasm meter pegged out!