Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Virginia Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f74/)
-   -   Looking for trails/mud in Hampton Roads (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f74/looking-for-trails-mud-in-hampton-roads-248580.html)

Hooyasmith 06-11-2013 05:28 AM

Looking for trails/mud in Hampton Roads
 
Hey guys. New to the area and very new to the Jeep scene. Just looking for some decent trails to see what this thing can do. Just got a 4.5 Rubicon Express
lift on 33's. no winch, no lockers. Trying to avoid getting tickets as well so any quite spots with minimum traffic would be great. Looking anywhere from York Town to NC border. If I don't find anything soon I'm just going to sell it. Hopefully you guys can help.

Reaper2332 06-11-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooyasmith (Post 3848138)
Hey guys. New to the area and very new to the Jeep scene. Just looking for some decent trails to see what this thing can do. Just got a 4.5 Rubicon Express
lift on 33's. no winch, no lockers. Trying to avoid getting tickets as well so any quite spots with minimum traffic would be great. Looking anywhere from York Town to NC border. If I don't find anything soon I'm just going to sell it. Hopefully you guys can help.

Not sure about the area you live in, but if you travel west to George Washington National Forest they have quite a few trails.

Also there is a few trails I believe around charlottesville called shoe creek and potts mountain. Ive never been so hopefully someone will chime in that knows the location and has tried them.

AAONMS 06-12-2013 01:14 PM

While I’m sure there are Norfolk/Portsmouth area clubs, the Middle Peninsula Jeep Association might be another good place to look.
www.mpjai.com
Believe they are over out of News.

cd712 06-12-2013 05:07 PM

sorry, there are no legal public offroad areas in southeast VA .

xxxxxxRPEGRAMJR 06-18-2013 06:03 PM

Within 3 hours is Corolla, NC on the Outer Banks. Traffic on Hwy 12 can be thick this time of year but you can park on the beach and explore the sand roads in the neighborhoods. Tread lightly and watch for the wild horses!

Reaper2332 06-18-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPEGRAMJR (Post 3874478)
Within 3 hours is Corolla, NC on the Outer Banks. Traffic on Hwy 12 can be thick this time of year but you can park on the beach and explore the sand roads in the neighborhoods. Tread lightly and watch for the wild horses!

Just got back from the outer banks yesterday. It was a lot of fun and really cool seeing the wild horses! Kinda found it funny though, when I reached the end of the beach it looked like virginia was trying to keep people out and prevent people from leaving haha. Also seen a house burn down, kinda felt bad for the owner....

xxxxxxRPEGRAMJR 06-20-2013 07:01 AM

Glad you had a good time. Definitely a nice change of pace and a stock Jeep does just fine so long as you air down (I go to 20psi). Sucks about the house, they aren't cheap. Wasn't the house in the middle of the beach was it? Agreed about VA. Would be nice to turn off there at the fortress and be halfway home!

Reaper2332 06-20-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPEGRAMJR (Post 3880560)
Glad you had a good time. Definitely a nice change of pace and a stock Jeep does just fine so long as you air down (I go to 20psi). Sucks about the house, they aren't cheap. Wasn't the house in the middle of the beach was it? Agreed about VA. Would be nice to turn off there at the fortress and be halfway home!

Yeah the house required a 4wd to get to. It would have been nice just to drive the beach up to va beach and then head north from there instead of going 20 miles south before going north!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 PM.