Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF Community Announcements (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f7/)
-   -   Tapatalk App Support Not Available (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f7/tapatalk-app-support-not-available-248681.html)

HelenaAG 06-11-2013 02:11 PM

Tapatalk App Support Not Available
 
Moving forward, Tapatalk will no longer be available on wranglerforum.com. AutoGuide.com has made available for your download the AutoGuide App, available to Apple and Android Phones and Tablets. It’s available as a free or paid version. You can find it by searching “AutoGuide” in the app store or by clicking here: Free Automotive, Car Mobile App - Apple & Android

The functionality of the free vs. paid app is the same; however, the major difference between the two is the presence of the advertisements, or absence thereof, respectively.

For users who access the forum using a mobile browser, you will not be prompted to download the app every time you access the forum. The prompt is cookie-based and will only happen once every 30 days, unless you delete all the cookies off your mobile device or use the browser’s incognito mode.

MCDavis 06-11-2013 03:02 PM

May be a dumb question, but when you say "Tapatalk", do you mean the WF app? I downloaded a WF app on my Droid, never saw that it had anything to do with Tapatalk, and honestly I don't know what Tapatalk is other than another app.

JDsDream 06-11-2013 03:50 PM

You probably have the same app that I use, the old Social Knowledge(SK) App which seems to be working fine.

HOOCBB 06-11-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDsDream (Post 3849850)
You probably have the same app that I use, the old Social Knowledge(SK) App which seems to be working fine.

SHHHH,

Don't tell them!! They might take it away!

gnarlyswine 06-13-2013 10:34 PM

Well that is unfortunate. I used tapatalk as it kept all of my favourite forums in one place and saved me from remembering multiple passwords. Autoguide doesn't allow me to filter out civics and miatas and other forums I'm not interested in so I'll now only use this inconvenient app for one primary forum. That's not wrangler forum, or pirate 4x4, so bye. Not a brilliant move. I guess your advertisers will start asking questions about the drop in visits so you may have shot yourself in the foot. A triumph of marketing presentation over logic.

nick50471 06-14-2013 12:12 PM

x2

kjeeper10 06-15-2013 08:02 AM

Yea it's unfortunate. I will use the Social knowledge app for as long as I can. What I don't care for these other apps [ including AG] is they don't have a "profile" icon where you can bring up your recent post and threads. You have to find a post and click on it.
TT also allowed pics in PM's which was great.

Let's just look at this as a step forward and hopefully AG will listen to our concerns and make changes if possible.

KJ

nick50471 06-17-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 3862948)
Let's just look at this as a step forward and hopefully AG will listen to our concerns and make changes if possible.

KJ

:rofl::rofl:

kjeeper10 06-17-2013 03:27 PM

:whistling:
As long as the social knowledge app is still kicking this thread will stay quiet. I don't think many people here used Tapatalk or this app.

abqtj 06-20-2013 10:17 PM

I don't understand the reasons for this. It's happening on a few other forums I frequent, too.

Installing the Tapatalk plug in is simple and a no-brainer. Why limit yourself to who can view your site with their mobile device?

whiteyj 06-20-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 3862948)
Let's just look at this as a step forward and hopefully AG will listen to our concerns and make changes if possible.
KJ

You let us know how that works for ya.......:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::facepalm::facepa lm::facepalm::banghead::banghead::banghead::crazy: :crazy:

Fa310tx 06-25-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelenaAG (Post 3849503)
Moving forward, Tapatalk will no longer be available on wranglerforum.com. AutoGuide.com has made available for your download the AutoGuide App, available to Apple and Android Phones and Tablets. It’s available as a free or paid version. You can find it by searching “AutoGuide” in the app store or by clicking here: Free Automotive, Car Mobile App - Apple & Android

Well, shucks...
I have Windows Phone 8.
I sure do appreciate tapatalk-enabled forums.
It wouldn't be so bad if the forum website was responsive.
A big, desktop, design doesn't work real well on a phone.
JJ

OBWan 07-14-2013 04:12 PM

Bummer I really like using Tapatalk on my other forums...

nick50471 07-16-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteyj (Post 3884039)
You let us know how that works for ya.......:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::facepalm::facepa lm::facepalm::banghead::banghead::banghead::crazy: :crazy:

:rofl:

Lendo 07-29-2013 09:58 AM

Damn. The only reason I signed up for this forum is I saw "WFTest" on the Tapatalk app. Yet another forum I won't use :(


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 AM.