Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   YJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/)
-   -   What kind of exaust are you running? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/what-kind-of-exaust-are-you-running-248690.html)

Michigan jeeper 06-11-2013 02:55 PM

What kind of exaust are you running?
 
I have a 2.5l and I got my exhaust done about a month ago I am now running no cat and a flowmaster 40 series with duels coming out behind both wheels I love it sounds like a lot bigger motor and deeper plus it turns even more heads now! Just curious to see what other people are running?

BDJeep79 06-11-2013 03:01 PM

I'm running a flow master hush power. It's pretty quit. I just need a smaller muffler to clear my long arm lift.

AllMudd 06-11-2013 03:05 PM

Pacesetter header with Dynomax mufflers n my 2.5L. Complete exhaust too, kinda sounds good around 15 mph and 40 other than that its ricey.

Michigan jeeper 06-11-2013 05:33 PM

Really? Mine doesn't sound ricey really It's actually kinda deep

jeremyx28 06-11-2013 06:51 PM

I have a pacesetter cat back and I like the sound of it.

OregonPlinker 06-11-2013 07:43 PM

Magna flow
 
I have a magnaflow set up from the header back. No cat. Sounds good and its one of the tougher parts under my Jeep as far as rocks and stuff go...

WVU 06-11-2013 08:38 PM

Has anyone had any experience with glasspacks on a 2.5? I have an extra one laying around I might throw on

AllMudd 06-11-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michigan jeeper (Post 3850152)
Really? Mine doesn't sound ricey really It's actually kinda deep

Yea, it only sounds ricey at high RPMS. While driving around I can't really notice the exhaust but my tire hum is more noticeable.

raidersej 06-11-2013 09:43 PM

Flowmaster, no cat. It sounds sweet, very throaty. I get lots of complements.

Gunz n tractorz 06-11-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michigan jeeper
I have a 2.5l and I got my exhaust done about a month ago I am now running no cat and a flowmaster 40 series with duels coming out behind both wheels I love it sounds like a lot bigger motor and deeper plus it turns even more heads now! Just curious to see what other people are running?

I have same set up but not duals. I love it

RandomYJguy 06-11-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michigan jeeper (Post 3849659)
I have a 2.5l and I got my exhaust done about a month ago I am now running no cat and a flowmaster 40 series with duels coming out behind both wheels I love it sounds like a lot bigger motor and deeper plus it turns even more heads now! Just curious to see what other people are running?

Any chance you have part numbers or a link for your exhaust set up? I have only ever seen a single exhaust tip coming out the driver side. Now today for the first time (that I actually noticed) I saw a YJ with tailpipe coming out both sides, passenger and driver side. Let alone duals on both side.. Lol.

reno92 06-11-2013 11:37 PM

Borla Headers through Flowmaster 40 on my 4.0. It sounds better, but it's no big block. My 2500HD with 3 inch exhuast through Flowmasters is sweet, wish I had a V8 in my Jeep

Michigan jeeper 06-12-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raidersej (Post 3851102)
Flowmaster, no cat. It sounds sweet, very throaty. I get lots of complements.

Same here it sounds great!

Michigan jeeper 06-12-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunz n tractorz (Post 3851106)

I have same set up but not duals. I love it

I'm actually pretty glad I did duels!

Michigan jeeper 06-12-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandomYJguy (Post 3851460)

Any chance you have part numbers or a link for your exhaust set up? I have only ever seen a single exhaust tip coming out the driver side. Now today for the first time (that I actually noticed) I saw a YJ with tailpipe coming out both sides, passenger and driver side. Let alone duals on both side.. Lol.

It's just one tip out of each side behind the rear wheels and I took it to the muffler shop in town and had him do a custom system on it

Michigan jeeper 06-12-2013 03:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RandomYJguy (Post 3851460)

Any chance you have part numbers or a link for your exhaust set up? I have only ever seen a single exhaust tip coming out the driver side. Now today for the first time (that I actually noticed) I saw a YJ with tailpipe coming out both sides, passenger and driver side. Let alone duals on both side.. Lol.

This is what they are like

The Silver Gorilla 06-12-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllMudd (Post 3850882)
Yea, it only sounds ricey at high RPMS. While driving around I can't really notice the exhaust but my tire hum is more noticeable.

High rpms like 3000? or like 8000?

AllMudd 06-12-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Silver Gorilla (Post 3853744)

High rpms like 3000? or like 8000?

Yeah 4500 or so

Michigan jeeper 06-13-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllMudd (Post 3855290)

Yeah 4500 or so

That's where mine sounds best haha


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 PM.