Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Jammock... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/jammock-248727.html)

Scott2373 06-11-2013 06:03 PM

Jammock...

...anyone use one of these?

www.jammock.com

kjeeper10 06-11-2013 06:24 PM

Haha no but that's cool as hell. Like a Spider web shade on steroids :D

laollis 06-11-2013 07:20 PM

I was gonna get one, but then got my spiderwebshade instead. Looked pretty cool though.

fljeepleo 06-11-2013 08:05 PM

We saw them at Jeep Beach two months ago… it was pretty sweet, my wife got up in it and loved it. I don't see a lot of times it would get used unless you lived on Daytona beach. Definitely a cool product. I got the Spider Web Shade instead!

Scott2373 06-12-2013 11:43 AM

I think these are pretty cool! I've never even heard about it, until a friend of mine told me. I do like the dual-purpose aspect of it over the Spiderweb shade - hell, that's why I love my Wrangler so much - it's a multipurpose vehicle / big-boy toy :-D I'm all about multipurpose stuff! More for the money, if you ask me!

Arod_3 06-12-2013 12:43 PM

I actually bought one off a member on here and it's awesome! I also get a lot of compliments when i'm on it at the lake.

Bad_Dog 06-12-2013 01:18 PM

I have to admit... that looks really cool!

woah_amie 06-12-2013 01:39 PM

coooooooooooooooool.

I wonder how much weight it can hold >.<

Hokieneer 06-12-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woah_amie (Post 3853364)
coooooooooooooooool.

I wonder how much weight it can hold >.<

website said 350 lbs a lot more than I would have expected

Scott2373 06-12-2013 02:08 PM

The inventor of the Jammock is a member here, so I'm waiting for him to chime in and offer us a nice group buy deal or a discount w/ free shipping...:rolleyes::whistling::angel:

labmule 06-12-2013 02:14 PM

very cool idea

BadOleRoss 06-12-2013 07:49 PM

Between by 250 lbs and a bad back, if I got in one of those things I'd never get out!

Ex Umbris Currus 06-12-2013 08:52 PM

Those do look pretty comfy

Keiff 06-13-2013 07:13 AM

The ultimate for drive in theaters!

legitposter 06-13-2013 09:42 AM

Just what we need... a reason for people in sweater vests wearing 'five finger' shoes, and wanting to discuss local educational funding, to now go buy a wrangler. Damn jammock.

Scott2373 06-13-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legitposter (Post 3856674)
Just what we need... a reason for people in sweater vests wearing 'five finger' shoes, and wanting to discuss local educational funding, to now go buy a wrangler. Damn jammock.

What's wrong with Vibram Five-Fingers? Have you ever worn them? Between my wife and I, we own three pairs I don't wear sweater-vests however...

Jeep_Gypsy 06-13-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legitposter (Post 3856674)

I do all these things but mostly after a few brews though I'd rather talk about the local conservation or the ilk.

bsimon187 06-13-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott2373 (Post 3856807)
What's wrong with Vibram Five-Fingers? Have you ever worn them? Between my wife and I, we own three pairs I don't wear sweater-vests however...

I am with you there- Five Fingers are great! The wife and i have about 6 pairs between us.. Most people don't get them until they try them.

PrecisionPowder 06-13-2013 08:36 PM

i have one, its pretty awesome, not something you want to try and put on with the top on. also not something id drive around with on. the front strap sort of blocks the use of pulling down your visors and the mesh gets in the way of taking your freedom tops on and off. as far as driving with the top off and using it to hang out in when you are cruising its great!

cheap4tw 06-14-2013 05:44 AM

I really like the Jammock idea but I don't think they will block as much area as a normal spiderweb shade. I think I'll get one for the very back of my JKU to use like this:

http://www.jammock.com/wp-content/up.../70162612.jpeg

Barmanvarn 06-14-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheap4tw (Post 3859575)
I really like the Jammock idea but I don't think they will block as much area as a normal spiderweb shade. I think I'll get one for the very back of my JKU to use like this:

Personally I could care less about blocking sun. I just want a freakin hammock in the Jeep! LOL

billybedford 06-17-2013 09:18 AM

trying to decide between the jammock or spiderwebshade. running a bestop trektop NX, and worried wether it would work with it.

Barmanvarn 06-17-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billybedford (Post 3868879)
trying to decide between the jammock or spiderwebshade. running a bestop trektop NX, and worried wether it would work with it.

Same here. Trying to decide between jammock or spider. I have a bikini top but I never use it as its a pain.

Like the idea of having something I can install and just leave it there.

donmeca2020 06-17-2013 09:48 AM

its a cool idea, i just don't see how much use would someone REALLY get out of using these? i honestly don't plan on laying down on top of my jeep when i get it lol

Barmanvarn 06-17-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donmeca2020 (Post 3868960)
its a cool idea, i just don't see how much use would someone REALLY get out of using these? i honestly don't plan on laying down on top of my jeep when i get it lol

My dad and I were talking and came to the same conclusion. But it would block some sun and would be there if I ever got a wild hair and decided to lay in it. I have a feeling that getting out of it would be the issue with my fat a$$. LOL

phoolish 06-17-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barmanvarn (Post 3869003)
My dad and I were talking and came to the same conclusion. But it would block some sun and would be there if I ever got a wild hair and decided to lay in it. I have a feeling that getting out of it would be the issue with my fat a$$. LOL

you could just have someone give you a boost from the inside

Scott2373 06-17-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donmeca2020 (Post 3868960)

If you mean "when you get your Jeep", trust me, you've never owned a vehicle that inspires you to go out into the garage and look for excuses to tinker with it, or just stare at it and wonder what to buy next. I've only owned mine for a couple of months and my wife is already hiding the checkbook from me! You'll want to drive it...just because! While you're driving it, you'll think of places to take it and things to do to it. Even if you might use something once, you'll buy it just because it's a really cool or innovative idea. The beautiful thing about Jeep ownership is, there are so many like-minded people out there, you can turn around and sell ANYTHING and there will be 100 Jeepers standing in line to grab it. It's like no other vehicle in the world!

donmeca2020 06-17-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barmanvarn (Post 3869003)

Once again i love the idea of it , but i honestly don't see me wanting to lay my big 220 lb 6'0 foot tall body in it on days like we've been having here in florida lately... its close to 100 degrees almost. :nonono: i honestly dont see myself doing at at all.. maybe once a blue moon just to f*** with it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott2373 (Post 3869017)
If you mean "when you get your Jeep", trust me, you've never owned a vehicle that inspires you to go out into the garage and look for excuses to tinker with it, or just stare at it and wonder what to buy next. I've only owned mine for a couple of months and my wife is already hiding the checkbook from me! You'll want to drive it...just because! While you're driving it, you'll think of places to take it and things to do to it. Even if you might use something once, you'll buy it just because it's a really cool or innovative idea. The beautiful thing about Jeep ownership is, there are so many like-minded people out there, you can turn around and sell ANYTHING and there will be 100 Jeepers standing in line to grab it. It's like no other vehicle in the world!

Oh i agree, i already know when i get it that i'll be modding the hell out of it. only thing with me i don't have a wife to answer to :cool: single life rocks when comes to blowing money lol

Barmanvarn 06-17-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donmeca2020 (Post 3869032)
Oh i agree, i already know when i get it that i'll be modding the hell out of it. only thing with me i don't have a wife to answer to :cool: single life rocks when comes to blowing money lol

I have a photo album on the my phone labeled "Kids" that I use when someone corners me and starts showing me pictures of their kids/family.

My "kids" album has pictures of my Jeep, my flat screen TVs, my guns, my Jet Ski, my boat, and assorted other "toys".

Some people respond with "I don't want to see any of that".

My response: "I feel the same about your pics. Now we're even". :D

phoolish 06-17-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barmanvarn (Post 3869142)
I have a photo album on the my phone labeled "Kids" that I use when someone corners me and starts showing me pictures of their kids/family.

My "kids" album has pictures of my Jeep, my flat screen TVs, my guns, my Jet Ski, my boat, and assorted other "toys".

Some people respond with "I don't want to see any of that".

My response: "I feel the same about your pics. Now we're even". :D

:thumb: