Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

What to do with $1k

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Spyder1049 
#1 ·
Guys, I got 1k to spend on my jk. I have a 2.5 lift with stock shocks, dynomax exhaust, rock guards, winch and bumper, 4.88 ratio, diff covers, wheels and 33 inch tires, viper throtle body, diablo sport computer.

I was thinking about getting fox prerunner shocks

I was offered a front D44 with 5.13 ratio but I need to replace the arm brakets cause they are damaged, it was from a rubicon, for 1k

What do you think is best, or would you say to buy something elae.

#5 ·
If I was dropping money on a front axle it wouldn't be a stock rubi d44. ?
Why?

Stock axles built do just fine here in the hammers!
For a grand if its complete with locker its a good deal issue would be the rear needing to be regeared and putting him over budget.
If he doesn't plan on 37s down the road then throw a Eaton locker up front for a grand installed or just buy the d44 with a locker already lol....

I do agree with the shock suggestion...that would be a good upgrade....

If the jeeps doing what you need invest the money, or save it....the next few times out will tell you what you need not so much what you want....then buy.

#3 ·
1k for a front rubi44 is a good deal. Just sleeve/gusset it, and new gears to match your rear, and you're good to go. You'll have the rubi locker in it too.

BTW: awesome username. One of my all time fav animes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.