Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   that's it, I'm going to order a 2014 (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/thats-it-im-going-to-order-a-2014-a-249045.html)

woah_amie 06-12-2013 10:32 PM

that's it, I'm going to order a 2014
 
some of you may be reading up on some threads that I've posted previously, about me wanting to get a new Jeep Wrangler. I haven't had any luck with finding what I want with the 2013's, so I decided to order a 2014. :dance:

Thinking of getting:
* Wrangler 23S $25,790 ($24,959)
Added features:
* Black 3 Piece Hardtop $995 ($886)
* Power Convenience Group $1095 ($975)

Total:$26,820
Down payment/trade-in: $4700 (fingers crossed)
Taxes, dealer fees, etc. $2,000 (or so)

Total: $24,120

panthermark 06-12-2013 10:50 PM

This is probably your best move. I had almost typed up another post suggesting you get a Sport S with the power package and a hard top for a multitude of reasons. Especially if the 2014 Sport S wheels are now mineral gray instead of sparkle silver.

There are a couple of options that I would consider....but are not necessary for your location and usage. 3.73's and LSD (anti-spin). Neither are overly expensive to add now, but will be many times that amount to add later.

A 2 door auto used as a daily driver in a flat location is one of the few scenarios where I think 3.21's are a good choice....and in Florida, it isn't like you are dealing with a lot of snow and ice....so LSD isn't as much of a need. But both options are very good options to have on a Wrangler.

Good luck!

Oh, and make sure you go to the Jeep website and request a brochure. Put in your correct name, address, and email address. If you are lucky, you might end up with a $500 direct marketing rebate.

donmeca2020 06-12-2013 10:58 PM

Good choice, as i said the ones that are on the lots here in SoFla are over priced and these dealers here in dade and broward aren't really willing to negotiate pricing that much. not to mention they have models that are overloaded with options. i seen a dealership with a $40K sport S model and it had nothing but regular options on it ....

it's definetly in any new owners interest to order a 2014 model due to the fact that you can get what you want on it. Once again when the 14s do arrive on the lots the 13s Should be marked down but then again myself and Amie are in sofla land of the ripoff dealerships...

woah_amie 06-12-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panthermark (Post 3855549)
There are a couple of options that I would consider....but are not necessary for your location and usage. 3.73's and LSD (anti-spin). Neither are overly expensive to add now, but will be many times that amount to add later.


Oh, and make sure you go to the Jeep website and request a brochure. Put in your correct name, address, and email address. If you are lucky, you might end up with a $500 direct marketing rebate.

LOL, thanks for the tip on the brochure! Did that just now!

Also, the 3.73 axle, what purpose does it serve? I don't know too much about cars... :hide:
Better power? MPG?

And the LSD sounds like a good idea actually, although there's no ice and snow, we get a lot of rain sometimes, so better stability is always a plus! :thumb:

Are those features only available on the Unlimited Sport?

woah_amie 06-12-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donmeca2020 (Post 3855583)
Good choice, as i said the ones that are on the lots here in SoFla are over priced and these dealers here in dade and broward aren't really willing to negotiate pricing that much. not to mention they have models that are overloaded with options. i seen a dealership with a $40K sport S model and it had nothing but regular options on it ....

it's definetly in any new owners interest to order a 2014 model due to the fact that you can get what you want on it. Once again when the 14s do arrive on the lots the 13s Should be marked down but then again myself and Amie are in sofla land of the ripoff dealerships...

And reason #1,567,980,467,590,246 I hate Florida. I really wanna move to Seattle, Washington. :punk: :dance:

panthermark 06-12-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woah_amie (Post 3855590)
LOL, thanks for the tip on the brochure! Did that just now!

Also, the 3.73 axle, what purpose does it serve? I don't know too much about cars... :hide:
Better power? MPG?

And the LSD sounds like a good idea actually, although there's no ice and snow, we get a lot of rain sometimes, so better stability is always a plus! :thumb:

Are those features only available on the Unlimited Sport?

Better power? Yes
Better mpg? No...but it also depends on how and where you drive.

You've probably seen a lot of posts talking about 3.21's , 3.73s, 4.10's, and should people regear to 4.56's, 4.88's, 5.13's, ect... Those are all axle ratios. To quickly sum it up, at any given speed, the numerically higher the number (which is actually a lower ratio), the more RPM's you engine will do. This usually gives you more power, but at the cost of some fuel economy.
For instance..at 50mph in 5th gear, you might be doing 1700 rpm's with 3.21's, and 1850 rpm's with 3.73's. If you have ever looked at a horsepower chart for most vehicles, you will notice that the higher the engine RPM, the more power is produced. But there is a hard to find balance point, because too low of RPM's is lugging the engine..and that is bad for fuel economy as well. Also, it is easier on your vehicle to handle larger wheels when you go with a lower (numerically higher) axle ratio.

A limited slip differential is always a good idea. I think the issue is that the factory LSD is pretty meh. I have it, and it works, but aftermarket LSD's are much better....and 3 to 4 times more expensive. However, for a daily driver and light off-roader, the factory LSD (also called Anti-spin and Trac-Lok) is a good buy.

And yes, it is all available on an Unlimited Sport (at least on the S package......I can't remember what restrictions are on the base Sport).

I didn't want to recommend a 4 door because it is a pretty big price jump....but....in terms of future flexibility, a 4 door is a good call.

st1264 06-13-2013 01:36 AM

Yes, add 3.73 and LSD (anti-spin)... you'll thank us later (& they are cheap options)! It seems we are chasing you all over the forums... best idea is to order one and get everything you want.

Good luck.

woah_amie 06-13-2013 07:11 AM

Going today to a dealership and see what they can offer.

If they can make me a good deal, I'll add the LSD and the 3.73s.

what's holding me back, is that it's only on the Unlimited. meh.

HOOCBB 06-13-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woah_amie (Post 3856276)
Going today to a dealership and see what they can offer.

If they can make me a good deal, I'll add the LSD and the 3.73s.

what's holding me back, is that it's only on the Unlimited. meh.

You can get LSD on a 2 dr Sport S, but not on a base Sport. At least, you can using the Build & Price thing on Jeep.com for a 2013. I'm not sure if that will change on the 2014.

msubrave 06-13-2013 08:34 AM

I thought you couldn't drive a manual? You don't have auto listed as an option...

woah_amie 06-13-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msubrave (Post 3856490)
I thought you couldn't drive a manual? You don't have auto listed as an option...

24S is auto.
My bad for putting 23S up there ^^^

msubrave 06-13-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woah_amie (Post 3856493)
24S is auto.
My bad for putting 23S up there ^^^

Ok then 24S is going to increase your price.

lolpetewtf 06-13-2013 08:58 AM

Wow power is expensive! I think I paid $600?

woah_amie 06-13-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolpetewtf (Post 3856557)
wow power is expensive! I think i paid $600?

lucky.

lolpetewtf 06-13-2013 09:29 AM

Ya, it was $685 MSRP in 2012. I can't believe they are jacking it up that much. Friggin' Chrysler.

woah_amie 06-13-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolpetewtf (Post 3856633)
Ya, it was $685 MSRP in 2012. I can't believe they are jacking it up that much. Friggin' Chrysler.

whaaaaaat? oh hell nahhhh. not fair.

lolpetewtf 06-13-2013 09:32 AM

Everything went up. I am looking at my window sticker now.

mckey73 06-13-2013 09:34 AM

Might wanna think about the dual tops. After you have it for awhile the soft top really makes sense!!

panthermark 06-13-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolpetewtf (Post 3856638)
Everything went up. I am looking at my window sticker now.

Everything has gone up big time...

I was looking at some vehicles from my excel sheet from back when I wa looking at 2012's....especially early 2012's.

Destination used to be $800 (now $995), 3.73's used to be $50 (now $295!), Connectivity was $385 (now $495 depending on options), leather was $900 (now $1100), Remote start $200 (now $495), a black hardtop was $735 (now $995), Deep tint was $300 (now $395)....that was all MSRP. I can't believe the power package is now $1095....yeah, I had it for $685 on my list.

Chrysler is making money hand over fist, and still selling these things like hotcakes.

lolpetewtf 06-13-2013 09:43 AM

...And I thought Audi pricing was ridiculous!

woah_amie 06-13-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckey73 (Post 3856646)
Might wanna think about the dual tops. After you have it for awhile the soft top really makes sense!!

And just how much extra is that? >.<
how would that work too? the soft top stays under the hard top?

donmeca2020 06-13-2013 09:51 AM

Amie which dealer are you going to ? im curious now.

st1264 06-13-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woah_amie (Post 3856687)
And just how much extra is that? >.<
how would that work too? the soft top stays under the hard top?

Order the Sport S, it comes with the Auto/AC and you can get the LSD/3.73. Dual Top is an expensive option, if you only want the hardtop - you can leave that out. As always, it's your choice though.

Sport S gets you:
NEW Available Premium Soft Top
17-Inch Sparkle Silver Painted Wheels
Goodyear Wrangler 255/75 AT Tires
Air Conditioning
Chrome / Leather Wrapped Shift Knob & Steering Wheel

woah_amie 06-13-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donmeca2020 (Post 3856699)
Amie which dealer are you going to ? im curious now.

Planet Dodge today, and then Kendall Jeep and Dadeland Jeep tomorrow.

panthermark 06-13-2013 10:08 AM

We got this update from Pat in the 2014 thread on 6/7
Quote:

One other quick thing, Sport S wheel will stay the same, but will be painted a differrent color. I'm guessing the mineral gray color you see on the Freedom Editions.
The color of the Sport S wheels will/may change. If they are mineral gray, they will look sweet. But of course, we won't know for sure until they start rolling off the line, and it might be something that does not change until later in the year.

--------
I also just noticed that the power package now comes with the auto-dimming rear-view mirror with map lights. I can't say that is worth the $400 price jump. I don't even like the auto-dimming part.

st1264 06-13-2013 10:13 AM

Are orders still being accepted for 13's or are they accepting for 14's only? Confused here...

woah_amie 06-13-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st1264 (Post 3856760)
Are orders still being accepted for 13's or are they accepting for 14's only? Confused here...

I think just 2014.

st1264 06-13-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woah_amie (Post 3856745)
Planet Dodge today, and then Kendall Jeep and Dadeland Jeep tomorrow.

Print out your "discounted" price with wanted Trade-In value, take it to each dealer and see who'll do it for you. If none of them will meet your demand, get the lowest price between the 3...

Ivoryring 06-13-2013 10:18 AM

I love my dual tops. Well, let me rephrase that slightly... there are things about each the soft top and the hard top that annoy me. By having both, I can switch out and I get a different experience - and I love having the flexibility so I don't end up hating either, it just becomes a matter of 'wait till the next season to be rid of that annoyance'.

If you think you will probably want go dual tops sometime later - get it in your order, as I found it to be cheaper that way.

st1264 06-13-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivoryring (Post 3856780)
I love my dual tops. Well, let me rephrase that slightly... there are things about each the soft top and the hard top that annoy me. By having both, I can switch out and I get a different experience - and I love having the flexibility so I don't end up hating either, it just becomes a matter of 'wait till the next season to be rid of that annoyance'. If you think you will probably want go dual tops sometime later - get it in your order, as I found it to be cheaper that way.

$2185 is a lot of money if you are borrowing and paying taxes & interest on it... and soft tops aren't that expensive on CL. Lots of new Wrangler buyers sell their soft tops, sometimes still in tags.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.