Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Tires & Wheels (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/)
-   -   Rim width question? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/rim-width-question-249416.html)

GTJ 06-14-2013 10:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was wondering what different width of tires you can run on a 8" rim compared to a 9" rim

I love these XD's and they are offered in both 8-9"

dawhitesJKU 06-14-2013 11:33 PM

U can run the same tires on 8' and 9'. If planning to go offroad and air down, the 8' will give more sidewall protection than the 9'.

GTJ 06-14-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawhitesJKU (Post 3862301)
U can run the same tires on 8' and 9'. If planning to go offroad and air down, the 8' will give more sidewall protection than the 9'.

Thank you I know you answered that question for me before - so let me ask you if I wanted to buy 33" duratracs on 17" rims and something wide but not really wide what would I order

dawhitesJKU 06-14-2013 11:42 PM

The famous 285/70/17. Great price, tons of selections, and very friendly on stock. Depending on what tire brand, it will be 32-33 in height and around 11' wide.

GTJ 06-14-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawhitesJKU (Post 3862320)
The famous 285/70/17. Great price, tons of selections, and very friendly on stock. Depending on what tire brand, it will be 32-33 in height and around 11' wide.

Very nice I have 285's on the jeep now

4Jeepn 06-14-2013 11:44 PM

not sure on metric.. but 8" wide rim usually good for 12.50" wide tire.

GTJ 06-14-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Jeepn (Post 3862326)
not sure on metric.. but 8" wide rim usually good for 12.50" wide tire.

So there is no real reason to run a 9" rim

GTJ 06-14-2013 11:53 PM

Also is a 18mm back spacing enough?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 PM.